Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread: Parrott Blog: Lee's post-game antics

Default Re: Parrott Blog: Lee's post-game antics

I think that we could force a resignation by EVERYONE who donates to the program saying that either Lee goes or we all put a hold on contributions. If the alumni get loud enough Joe Savoie would have no choice but to act. It is OUR TEAM. As alumni and supporters the team represents us. The loudest call for his resignatin would be for NOT ONE PERSON TO SHOW UP FOR THE NEXT GAME. I have missed only one home game. I refuse to go to any more games this season if Lee is on the bench.

I asked a question about donations in another thread. I made the choice that our family giving would actually increase this year. That decision will change unless I can be assured that not one penny of my money goes to a Lee coached team.

Outbursts like this one are an embarrasement to our university. There is a clause in every coach's contract about behavior that is not representative of the standards as set forth by the university. I think that Lee just broke his contract. He should agree to step aside with pay for the remainder of this season. One of the assistants could finish the season as head coach. We could/should start our search for a new head coach NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiredof theBS View Post
    _ I think that we could force a resignation by EVERYONE who donates to the program saying that either Lee goes or we all put a hold on contributions. If the alumni get loud enough Joe Savoie would have no choice but to act. It is OUR TEAM. As alumni and supporters the team represents us. The loudest call for his resignatin would be for NOT ONE PERSON TO SHOW UP FOR THE NEXT GAME. I have missed only one home game. I refuse to go to any more games this season if Lee is on the bench.

I asked a question about donations in another thread. I made the choice that our family giving would actually increase this year. That decision will change unless I can be assured that not one penny of my money goes to a Lee coached team.

Outbursts like this one are an embarrasement to our university. There is a clause in every coach's contract about behavior that is not representative of the standards as set forth by the university. I think that Lee just broke his contract. He should agree to step aside with pay for the remainder of this season. One of the assistants could finish the season as head coach. We could/should start our search for a new head coach NOW! _
    I used to always go to the basketball games. I went to one last year and was disgusted, I haven't been back since and will not go until Coach Lee is gone.

Let me get this straight.lee kicks a chair and now the apr doomsday scenario is forgotten about? All of you lee apologist have finally turned the corner because of a temper tantrum after a bad loss?

I’ve been told to fear the apr; will this outburst start the exodus of players? Will this blog upset players and make them want to leave? What will happen, I’m scared!!!Help!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KACajun View Post
    All of you lee apologist have finally turned the corner because of a temper tantrum after a bad loss? _

Who is a Lee apologist? Most of the posts I read here are calling for his dismissal at the end of the season. I just think that this "temper tantrum" should cause UL to pull the plug not instead of later. This gives them direct cause for his termination. God forbid his team pulls it together and wins the tournament and he gets an extension. WIth him gone we can pull for the Cajuns knowing that if they win we will have a new head coach next season.

6. Default Re: Parrott Blog: Lee's post-game antics

Quote Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
    _ Mike, the next two games are far from meaningless. A blowout at Louisville will hurt any confidence this team has left. A loss against a Centenary program moving down to D3 will continue a downward spiral going into the bulk of league play. This team needs to recover quickly before things really get bad.

igeaux.mobi _
    Hey Booby Knight does it ---why not Lee----Anything that might get these guys attention------no big deal to me--the deal is the Ws and Ls!!!!!!!

_ Mike, the next two games are far from meaningless. A blowout at Louisville will hurt any confidence this team has left. A loss against a Centenary program moving down to D3 will continue a downward spiral going into the bulk of league play. This team needs to recover quickly before things really get bad.

igeaux.mobi _
    In all fairness, your question was not out of line Josh. Lee's behavior was not professional and should be addressed by his superiors. I don't think anyone is blaming you for Lee's reaction to your question. He should understand that media relations is part of the job.

But since you wrote about this incident in your blog, had the question been asked by anyone else in that room would his reaction had been different? I think we both know the anwer to that question. He clearly has a personal problem with you and this goes back to last season. You are clearly upset by the way he addressed your question in the press conference as well or you wouldn't have written about it in your blog. Its clear to me that this has been taken to a new personal level and both of you should sit down to clear the air. This should be about two individuals being able to do their jobs in a professional environment.

Knowing both you and Lee, I have not doubt that you guys will work this out and move on covering the season.

I definitely don't agree that Josh would not have written it in his blog if Lee liked him. This is clearly a news worthy event as seen by the fact that other media outlets reported it. I think maybe Josh took more of a op-ed view, as you may see in many blogs, and that can come off as personal. I think jp has every right to report it but they probably should clear the air either way.

Also, chuck huebner can keep his little comments to himself.

igeaux.mobi

BJ, you're making an assumption here that is off base.

I wrote about this incident in the newspaper and on my blog because the public needs to know how he reacts to questions that deserve answers. Lee took the question personal, and we all did our job by reporting the news. That's real journalism. I know that I did nothing wrong. This happened after five minutes of questions - including three previously from me.

As always, I stuck to the facts. In my blog, I added my opinion on the situation - which is perfectly appropriate in that outlet.

I'm comfortable how I've handled the situation for now given my deadline issues Monday and the team traveling Tuesday. I've been an award-winning newspaper reporter in three different markets in three states and know to do my job without advice from the general public. Otherwise, thanks for your input.

igeaux.mobi

Let the chair coach the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by reddot View Post
    Let the chair coach the rest of the season.
    Post of the year.

igeaux.mobi

For the record, I don't care what Chuck has to say. Ignorant comments by someone who thinks they know more than they do. Sounds like he's trying to deflect blame from his alma mater and the coach.

Telling Lee to "hang in there," like he's a victim? Amazing. He brought this problem on himself as the CEO of this team, not anyone in the media. Anyone with a clue can see that.

igeaux.mobi

Good to see you not taking crap from this sorry excuse for a basketball coach, Josh. I enjoy your work, you're the best at following the Cajuns that I can remember. Robert Lee needs to chill and resign immediately. Why would he react so negatively a question about the next game on the schedule? Did you flip him the bird or something?

_ For the record, I don't care what Chuck has to say.
    igeaux.mobi _
    Me either. By the way, what did he say? Not that I care, or anything. Just wondering.

There was no warning sign that this would happen. He answered my other questions without any issues, granted I bet he wasn't happy that I asked what was up with Gradnigo (he wasn't allowed to be interviewed). Very odd situation.

igeaux.mobi

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread Information