Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Parrott Blog: Lee's post-game antics

Default Re: Parrott Blog: Lee's post-game antics

Quote Originally Posted by rgncjn12 View Post
    _ I have no doubt Josh would have reported it had it been someone else asking the question. It's obvious Lee doesnt like being questioned. I am glad Josh reported it and love how he reported it. It's about damn time we have a reporter that puts a fire to the coaches to get answers and asks the tough questions. For too long Dan McDonald and Bruce Brown let the coaches slide.

thanks josh

GEAUX UL! _
    Again, the question was not that Josh would have reported it had someone asked the same question and gotten the same reaction. But, if someone else had asked the same question, would Coach Lee reacted in the same manner. In my opinion the answer would have been no based upon their history. I never questioned his right to question or line of questioning. In fact, I've stated that he asked a fair question.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    _ Where are you getting the 0.000075%?
    This was derived from a somewhat complicated algorithm which inorporates our FG%, on-the-court head coach temper tantrums, off-the-court head coach temper tantrums, and the distance that the most recently kicked chair was launched.

Quote Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
    _ BJ, you're making an assumption here that is off base.

I wrote about this incident in the newspaper and on my blog because the public needs to know how he reacts to questions that deserve answers. Lee took the question personal, and we all did our job by reporting the news. That's real journalism. I know that I did nothing wrong. This happened after five minutes of questions - including three previously from me.

As always, I stuck to the facts. In my blog, I added my opinion on the situation - which is perfectly appropriate in that outlet.

I'm comfortable how I've handled the situation for now given my deadline issues Monday and the team traveling Tuesday. I've been an award-winning newspaper reporter in three different markets in three states and know to do my job without advice from the general public. Otherwise, thanks for your input.

igeaux.mobi _
    Josh, with all due respect you’re making an assumption that I’m of the opinion you never should have wrote about the incident in your blog. I never questioned it, in fact I stated that you did nothing wrong.

My comments have nothing to do about your credentials or any awards you have won in your capacity as a sports journalist. I’m simply astounded that you are surprised by Lee’s actions to your line of questioning considering the history.

Given the history between you two over the past two seasons and his obvious frustrations with the way this team has played, I’m not surprised the guy lost control. Considering the toxic ingredients of emotions with the way they lost that night and being questioned by a member of the media that he dislikes, its clear he vented on you. Coaches are people too and sometimes react to situations in an unprofessional manner. I’m not in the media and I’ve seen a many of interviews that turned out worst then what happened the other night.

If you are going to post links to your site and comment on your story,then be prepared to receive comments on your story, you invited it. Don’t get so defensive when others give you a different opinion, it’s not all about you or your credentials. Others can have different points of view that are valid. In this case, my point of view is not any different then yours, Lee’s actions were clearly wrong and unprofessional. I’m simply confused as to why you are surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    _
    If you are going to post links to your site and comment on your story,then be prepared to receive comments on your story, you invited it. Don’t get so defensive when others give you a different opinion, it’s not all about you or your credentials. Others can have different points of view that are valid. In this case, my point of view is not any different then yours, Lee’s actions were clearly wrong and unprofessional. I’m simply confused as to why you are surprised. _
    my thoughts exactly!!!

Josh and Lee don't need to sit down and talk about anything. Lee needs to realize that Josh is the middle man betwee the team and the fans. Nobody else goes deeper into Cajun sports as Josh. Josh is just doing his job, and a damn good job.

P.S. Even my wife said Lee should be fired after the incident, and she could care less about any basketball team.

igeaux.mobi

If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything. I don't mind what he did honestly. He was about to have a Dennis Greenesque breakdown but didn't do it. I think his antics might show his team that he cares about their play, it might be a good thing. Let's just wait and see.

I pointed out my credentials and experience because while you're free to express your opinion, I'm free to say that I don't need or want you job advice. And I say that knowing that's not going to stop anything. I've dealt with much more serious and complicated situations as a reporter.

As for the history, Lee and I had no issues this year prior to this incident. He had always answered my questions. So after that and five minutes of questions, everyone in that room was surprised that he randomly lost it. Why now and not the loss to NAIA University of Mobile?

My response is a grown man saying, "Thanks for sharing, but I'm fine without your advice." If you have a problem with my response, perhaps someone else is being defensive in this case.

On a brighter note, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you and everyone else.

Josh, with all due respect you’re making an assumption that I’m of the opinion you never should have wrote about the incident in your blog. I never questioned it, in fact I stated that you did nothing wrong.

My comments have nothing to do about your credentials or any awards you have won in your capacity as a sports journalist. I’m simply astounded that you are surprised by Lee’s actions to your line of questioning considering the history.

Given the history between you two over the past two seasons and his obvious frustrations with the way this team has played, I’m not surprised the guy lost control. Considering the toxic ingredients of emotions with the way they lost that night and being questioned by a member of the media that he dislikes, its clear he vented on you. Coaches are people too and sometimes react to situations in an unprofessional manner. I’m not in the media and I’ve seen a many of interviews that turned out worst then what happened the other night.

If you are going to post links to your site and comment on your story,then be prepared to receive comments on your story, you invited it. Don’t get so defensive when others give you a different opinion, it’s not all about you or your credentials. Others can have different points of view that are valid. In this case, my point of view is not any different then yours, Lee’s actions were clearly wrong and unprofessional. I’m simply confused as to why you are surprised.
    igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
    _ I pointed out my credentials and experience because while you're free to express your opinion, I'm free to say that I don't need or want you job advice. And I say that knowing that's not going to stop anything. I've dealt with much more serious and complicated situations as a reporter.

As for the history, Lee and I had no issues this year prior to this incident. He had always answered my questions. So after that and five minutes of questions, everyone in that room was surprised that he randomly lost it. Why now and not the loss to NAIA University of Mobile?

My response is a grown man saying, "Thanks for sharing, but I'm fine without your advice." If you have a problem with my response, perhaps someone else is being defensive in this case.

On a brighter note, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you and everyone else.

igeaux.mobi _
    You know what Josh, I'm going to end this by simply saying this to you. Had you bothered to return the four phone calls when Robert attempted to contact you,( not the two you previously mentioned), you would have gotten the explanation as to why Robert left the press conference and Gradingo wasn't made available to the press. Instead of doing so, you decided to speculate on your blog and Billy's show. This tells me that your actions are personal and not about getting the facts!

I simply suggested in my original post that you call Robert and clear the air. After all, is it not about getting the facts correct? Instead, you responded about your credentials and your awards because I dare suggest to the great Josh Parrott make a phone call. But in the end, it's all about you and your tremendous ego buddy. And this is why you have problems with getting comments from coaches at UL. Because its all about you and getting the story out first. Unlike many here, I do talk to coaches and I know what they think your style and approach. All your awards and credentials haven't helped you understand that being a smarta** hasn't helped you get the information you seek. In the end, I will keep my opinons to myself because I'm old enough to understand the you don't need credentials to make a phone call.

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

"I'M A MAN! I'M FORTY!!"

10. Default Re: Parrott Blog: Lee's post-game antics

"They were who we THOUGHT they were. AND WE LET EM OFF THE HOOK!!"

"Go play intramurals, brother!"

12. Default Re: Parrott Blog: Lee's post-game antics

Quote Originally Posted by CajunZ1 View Post
    _ "Go play intramurals, brother!" _

Epic WiN!!

So I'm lying about how many times Robert called me? I checked my call log just now and have two missed calls - both on deadline and didn't call back because it was after midnight. Wherever you got your info is wrong. I have replied to Robert with a text and have yet to hear back from him yet.

As for your other comments, God bless.

You know what Josh, I'm going to end this by simply saying this to you. Had you bothered to return the four phone calls when Robert attempted to contact you,( not the two you previously mentioned), you would have gotten the explanation as to why Robert left the press conference and Gradingo wasn't made available to the press. Instead of doing so, you decided to speculate on your blog and Billy's show. This tells me that your actions are personal and not about getting the facts!

I simply suggested in my original post that you call Robert and clear the air. After all, is it not about getting the facts correct? Instead, you responded about your credentials and your awards because I dare suggest to the great Josh Parrott make a phone call. But in the end, it's all about you and your tremendous ego buddy. And this is why you have problems with getting comments from coaches at UL. Because its all about you and getting the story out first. Unlike many here, I do talk to coaches and I know what they think your style and approach. All your awards and credentials haven't helped you understand that being a smarta** hasn't helped you get the information you seek. In the end, I will keep my opinons to myself because I'm old enough to understand the you don't need credentials to make a phone call.

Merry Christmas to you and yours!
    igeaux.mobi

_ You know what Josh, I'm going to end this by simply saying this to you. Had you bothered to return the four phone calls when Robert attempted to contact you,( not the two you previously mentioned), you would have gotten the explanation as to why Robert left the press conference and Gradingo wasn't made available to the press. Instead of doing so, you decided to speculate on your blog and Billy's show. This tells me that your actions are personal and not about getting the facts!

Merry Christmas to you and yours! _
    Riiiigghttt!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information