Thread: At the "Tigue" 12/21/2009

Default At the "Tigue" 12/21/2009

They are working on the Tigue

Default Re: Today at the "Tigue" 12/21/2009

They were still working when I passed by The Tigue at 9pm last night.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    _ Yes, thanks Frenchie for posting these!! The only question I have is does it seem like they might be cutting it a little close time-wise?? _
    In his radio interview last week Scott Farmer stated that the company was bringing in am extra crew if needed to work multiple shifts to get it done on schedule. He stated that he is familiar with the company and is confident they will do what is necessary to get it done on time.

The crew is not local and I'm sure they were working today so they can go home. If they wouldn't be working they would be sitting around in a Motel room or camper wishing they would be home. I'm sure the original schedule had them home this week but the rains we have been having has set them back.

Will the turf cause the surface of the field to be significantly hotter than grass?

I was just curious. We have had some really hot games in the past, and I was wondering if that would make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    _ Will the turf cause the surface of the field to be significantly hotter than grass?

I was just curious. We have had some really hot games in the past, and I was wondering if that would make a difference. _
    I'm sure it will.

It looks like they finished spreading the limestone base. Maybe a day or two of fine grading and they will be ready for padding and turf. I'm sure this crew will be glad to finish and go home to Pennsylvania for a while.

I'm thinking the turf crew will move in after the first of the year.

I posted new pictures. This crew has about a week left of work before turf is layed down. Weather permitting. Only had four doing the work today

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    _ Will the turf cause the surface of the field to be significantly hotter than grass?

I was just curious. We have had some really hot games in the past, and I was wondering if that would make a difference. _
    It will definately be significantly drier, at least. I suppose two inches of water in the old outfield would cool the surface some. There should be fewer skeeters, too.

Opening day is 2/19. Is there a contingency plan if the field is not ready by then?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunProud View Post
    _ Opening day is 2/19. Is there a contingency plan if the field is not ready by then? _
    It should be ready in about three weeks unless they walk of the job. The preperation is what takes the longest and they should be through with that in about a week, weather permittng. Laying the turf will go fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    _ It should be ready in about three weeks unless they walk of the job. The preperation is what takes the longest and they should be through with that in about a week, weather permittng. Laying the turf will go fast. _
    Thanks.

13. Default Re: Today at the "Tigue" 12/21/2009

Can we get some baseball talk going guys? Who do we like, who do we expect to make an immediate impact, how has Osborne looked thus far, is Robe bringing back his electric stuff, what other teams are expecting big seasons in conference, etc etc I know we lost some pieces, but lets find some silver linings here!

Thread Information