Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Cajuns vs. USM Round II

1. Default Re: Cajuns vs. USM Round II

Quote Originally Posted by basketballjone View Post
    _ offer him the job right now, man right now, right now, make a change, hey the country made a change with obama, why cant UL make a change for the better for once ina blue moon

igeaux.mobi _
    Please be careful in stating your analogy--We changed to Obama for far worse as you will realize as you pay off his spending in your future life in America!!!! However unlike Obama, the Halls have a proven record of success in their field!!!!

Default Re: UL vs. USM

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    _ I am beginning to wonder if Coach Lee has done to basketball as Coach Baldwin did to football a while back. He has run this program from a once proud mid major that would make the NIT/NCAA year in and year out to an embarrassment. _
    the worst ncaa head basketball coach in america today, perhaps one of the worst in history of ncaa.

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiCajun32 View Post
    _ the worst ncaa head basketball coach in america today, perhaps one of the worst in history of ncaa. _
    In no way am I saying coach Lee is the greatest thing on earth but he did take a team to the NCAA. Granted it was "not his team" it was a team that he help build. I don't think he is the worst coach in NCAA history.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    _ In no way am I saying coach Lee is the greatest thing on earth but he did take a team to the NCAA. Granted it was "not his team" it was a team that he help build. I don't think he is the worst coach in NCAA history. _
    That was a team that was going to NCAAs no matter who was coaching it. A decent coach would have that team as at least an 8 seed in the tourney. They finally figured out how to kind of coach themselves by the end of the season. Lee's coaching ability showed early in their 40 point or so blow out at Kansas. That team almost beat Louisville because their talent on the court was that good and lots of veteran leadership.

The next year, with still decent talent, Lee drove that team into the ground (after he proclaimed sweet 16 at minimum at start of season).

Why perhaps the worst coach in NCAA history? Can you think of another that single handedly took a proud program and reversed all its winning tradition and set it back indefinitely (maybe for a decade or more in the future), all while trying to figure out how to be a head coach, with first going after high schoolers, then switching to transfers, then back to high schoolers, with some of the best of the recruits being run out of town by said coach.

Sure, there may be 10 coaches in history that are worse, but I think Lee ranks right up there with the worst college head coaches of all time. Of course, UL keeping him as head coach for so many years helps him make such dubious history.

Sure, there may be 10 coaches in history that are worse, but I think Lee ranks right up there with the worst college head coaches of all time. Of course, UL keeping him as head coach for so many years helps him make such dubious history. _
    Fair enough, but he has kept his nose clean and brought a slightly higher academic standard to the team. At the end of the day, it's stuff like that keeping him off the worst of all time list. With that being said.WE NEED A CHANGE!!!

_ That was a team that was going to NCAAs no matter who was coaching it. A decent coach would have that team as at least an 8 seed in the tourney. They finally figured out how to kind of coach themselves by the end of the season. Lee's coaching ability showed early in their 40 point or so blow out at Kansas. That team almost beat Louisville because their talent on the court was that good and lots of veteran leadership.

The next year, with still decent talent, Lee drove that team into the ground (after he proclaimed sweet 16 at minimum at start of season).

Why perhaps the worst coach in NCAA history? Can you think of another that single handedly took a proud program and reversed all its winning tradition and set it back indefinitely (maybe for a decade or more in the future), all while trying to figure out how to be a head coach, with first going after high schoolers, then switching to transfers, then back to high schoolers, with some of the best of the recruits being run out of town by said coach.

Sure, there may be 10 coaches in history that are worse, but I think Lee ranks right up there with the worst college head coaches of all time. Of course, UL keeping him as head coach for so many years helps him make such dubious history. _

Man.reading this made me really sad actually. It wasn't that long ago at all that we were good and the excitement around the program was huge, then in the 05-06 season that all changed, and we haven't had even a single iota of excitement surrounding the program since. I knew it was bad when I haven't even felt the will or want to go to a single game this year. Heck, I've only watched one game and it was the FAU game and I happened to be flipping through the channels when I saw it. Sheesh, baseball season can not get here fast enough.

Miami -

You are coldblooded. Obvioulsy, no one is happy with how Robert Lee is performing, but to declare him the worst coach in NCAA history is pretty ridiculous. No one is happy about the way his tenure has turned out. I don't think you can name anyone with a conference championship as the worst coach in NCAA history.

Also, fact, it would be tough to get an 8 seed, when one of your better players was injured for the non-conference schedule. Orien broke his leg against Kansas in the first half, and a lot of their losses fell during that time frame. They also, beat Southern Illinois withouth Orien during that time frame.

I think Robert's downfall has not been his ability to recruit, but rather not having a clear system on the floor. The talent level of the players if more than adequate. Also, the program is not set back a decade or more. Basketball programs can be rebuilt in two years. If a coach can recruit and have a play, they will start seeing results in year 2. I know you are passionate about this program, and you dislike Robert, but I think accusing him of being one of the worst coach in NCAA history is a bit much.

If you want to talk about guys who are bad think about this

1) Dave Bliss from Baylor
    2) Kevin Broadus as Binghamton. He had players dealing crack cocaine, and just got fired mid year.
    3) Kelvin Sampson at Indiana.He totally imploded that program

Robert has turned out not to be a good fit. However, to his credit, he has run a clean program, his kids have had good grades, and I actually belive that he loves this University more than anyone gives him credit for. While, I can agree that the program neees improving, and it starts at the top. He is not, nor will ever be considered the worst coach in NCAA history.

Also, you have to give him credit for 04-05. He won a league championship. You want to say it was with Jessie's players fine. But those guys didn't coach themselves.

_ That was a team that was going to NCAAs no matter who was coaching it. A decent coach would have that team as at least an 8 seed in the tourney. They finally figured out how to kind of coach themselves by the end of the season. Lee's coaching ability showed early in their 40 point or so blow out at Kansas. That team almost beat Louisville because their talent on the court was that good and lots of veteran leadership.

Default Re: Cajuns vs. USM Round II

Was Dave Bliss the Baylor coach before or after they shut the program down for a year?

igeaux.mobi

Default Re: Cajuns vs. USM Round II

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    _ Was Dave Bliss the Baylor coach before or after they shut the program down for a year?

igeaux.mobi _
    Before

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    _ Although last night's game was ugly and there is no sugarcoating it, the above post may be slightly pessimistic. Reading it makes you think we will finish with a 5 and 25 record. After losing to Mobile, if you had told me that would be the case, I would have believed it. Recently we won two in a row and that surprised all of us. Just as the 64% vs Sam Houston was an anomaly, the 16% in the first half last night was also an anomaly. I suspect the norm will return and we will win a few more than some believe. I am not predicting a winning season or anything close to it. When it is over, I believe we will have a slightly better record than last season. I recognize for that to happen, Wallace and Gary may need to be healthy in order for us to improve rebounding which is a major shortcoming. _
    I really believe that we will struggle to reach 10 wins again. And that's with a weaker Belt lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun67 View Post
    _ I really believe that we will struggle to reach 10 wins again. And that's with a weaker Belt lineup. _
    Regardless if it is 10 or 15, that won't be enough to prevent the likely events in March.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information