Thread: Johnson has helped save UL's season

1. Default Johnson has helped save UL's season

Johnson has helped save UL's season

The rest of the story

Default Re: Johnson has helped save UL's season

I'm holding my judgement about "saving the season" until the team finishes this road trip over the semester break. Three interesting games coming up, all on the road: at USM, at Lamar, and at Louisville. Better play against USM at their place, a win over a Lamar team that has a losing record, and a good showing at Louisville (they've having similar injury and consistency problems as our team; they lost at home 2 nights ago to Western Carolina) would give me some hope that we'll see a better performance in conference.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I think this is the case of Josh not putting the title on the article. Didn't he tell us that the crew in Shreveport puts these headers together? You can't "save a season" this early in the season. Regardless, Johnson is spectacular right now. I love his attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    _ I think this is the case of Josh not putting the title on the article. Didn't he tell us that the crew in Shreveport puts these headers together? You can't "save a season" this early in the season. Regardless, Johnson is spectacular right now. I love his attitude. _

I'd say that you can "save" a season this early. The way it was looking, this team was on the brink of implosion after some really bad showings and their coach already with one foot out the door. You add a very disgruntled fan base and you are looking at a season with no positives. I think you are right about it being early to "save" a season in terms of wins and losses but there was much more on the line in regards to saving this team and at least giving them something to play for during the duration of this season. I'm not sure how successful this team can be this year in W's but they may at the very least make it entertaining for the fans.

Josh: Oops, my apologies. I had forgotten that it's the copy editors at the Regional level that set the headlines in The Advertiser. I agree that Johnson's playing well and it's starting to show some effect on the rest of the team. I also forgot we had Tulane here in Dome between the Lamar and Louisville games. Doesn't change the fact that a good showing in that series of games will be needed to produce some momentum going into conference play.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ I'd say that you can "save" a season this early. The way it was looking, this team was on the brink of implosion after some really bad showings and their coach already with one foot out the door. You add a very disgruntled fan base and you are looking at a season with no positives. I think you are right about it being early to "save" a season in terms of wins and losses but there was much more on the line in regards to saving this team and at least giving them something to play for during the duration of this season. I'm not sure how successful this team can be this year in W's but they may at the very least make it entertaining for the fans. _
    In that light, I'd say Dr. Johnson saved them from an early death. It will take more than Dr. Johnson to sustain the patient through full recovery. I hope his style of medicine becomes contagious and the rest of the team practices it as capably as Dr. Johnson.

7. Default Re: Johnson has helped save UL's season

After the 2nd loss to USM the headline looks even more foolish. I know it wasn't a Josh headline but knowing that doesn't make me feel any less ignorant about a mistimed message.

Actually it takes me back to an early season quote from the head coach that still has me baffled. In the pregame interview before the FIRST game of the season UL's head coach said and I quote "We are taking it one game at a time."

Huh? UL hadn’t played a game yet. Look if you are going to buy a book with talking points there is a reason they put the 'one game at a time' speech past the half way point of the book.

Personally I think Robert Lee knows the game but either has trouble with or is incapable of timely communicating with his players. If you don't know when to pull the one game at a time speech are you calling the right plays at the right time?

If the message doesn't fit the moment is it any wonder the players don't seem to be listening?

jmo signed one frustrated ignorant fan.

Regardless of anything else, the only thing in the dome that keeps me from falling into a deep coma are: 1. the cheerleaders 2. the jazz 3. TJ

I wish my HD hadn't decided at the most inopportune time to die.an hour after my third game of the day. This alley oop sequence was fun. Fortunately, I transmitted these at half time.because it's all I have left other than the memory. But, it was a poignant lesson entering bowl season.

Quote Originally Posted by LSUConnMan View Post
    _ Regardless of anything else, the only thing in the dome that keeps me from falling into a deep coma are: 1. the cheerleaders 2. the jazz 3. TJ

I wish my HD hadn't decided at the most inopportune time to die.an hour after my third game of the day. This alley oop sequence was fun. Fortunately, I transmitted these at half time.because it's all I have left other than the memory. But, it was a poignant lesson entering bowl season.

Well, the cheerleaders put me into a coma as they have less talent than the women's basketball team. Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ Well, the cheerleaders put me into a coma as they have less talent than the women's basketball team. Ouch. _
    You and I must be looking at different kinds of talent.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    _ You and I must be looking at different kinds of talent. _

I really hope that your getting confused between the cheerleaders and the Dance team?!? The dance team certainly makes up for the lack of talent on the cheerleading squad but for a moment there, I thought UL started a women's powerlifting teamDid I say that? I know its wrong but oh well.

Thread Information