Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: softball....wednesday

Default softball....wednesday

a little bird told me that they start taking apart the bleachers and moving them to the outfield on wednesday.

2. Default Re: softball....wednesday

cool.

Can I get a WedNes ?

Default Re: softball....wednesday

U got your Wednes......amen

You guys are too much...just glad this didn't happen on a Friday!

igeaux.mobi

Well here is a report on the Wednesday bleacher moving. No one showed up. Talked to UL Mainteance guy who was trying to find some water lines. He said they might show up today (Thursday). But he said he wasn't holding his breath. He also said that the contract was not signed yet. The contractor is from Florida. Now what he told me needed to be done, well I would not start this project untill after the softball season is over. They are out of their minds if they do. Where they suppose to move the bleachers behind the outfield fence is not even ready to put them in place. The restroom and dressing room is suppose to be taken down as well as the concession stands. All the concret is to be removed and fondation for the new stands layed......No way would I start this project now. It will take them 5-6 months to complete........Some one is dropping the ball here. But what's new. If someone out there has a different story about this I would like to hear it....

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    _ Well here is a report on the Wednesday bleacher moving. No one showed up. Talked to UL Mainteance guy who was trying to find some water lines. He said they might show up today (Thursday). But he said he wasn't holding his breath. He also said that the contract was not signed yet. The contractor is from Florida. Now what he told me needed to be done, well I would not start this project untill after the softball season is over. They are out of their minds if they do. Where they suppose to move the bleachers behind the outfield fence is not even ready to put them in place. The restroom and dressing room is suppose to be taken down as well as the concession stands. All the concret is to be removed and fondation for the new stands layed......No way would I start this project now. It will take them 5-6 months to complete........Some one is dropping the ball here. But what's new. If someone out there has a different story about this I would like to hear it.... _
    Scott Farmer was on NBC yesterday afternoon and said the contract is now signed from what I remember. The work will begin ASAP with the plan for the bleachers to be completed near the end of the season. We will be slightly inconvenienced by having to sit in the outfield. No way in heck I would want this to start after the season. Too much exposure for both the contractor and university. They would have to re-bid because of the price of material, deadlines, etc. Do it ASAP. After all, that's what our coaches and players want.

There has been some delay at the Tigue because of the weather and some poor soil. Once the weather clears, then the soil problem will be resolved and the work will be complete by 1/10/10. The contractor will work 24/7 if necessary to meet the deadline.

I have my two sponsered box seats. Just wondering what they will charge me to sit in the bleachers. Went to the ticket office yesterday and asked that question. Answer, "I don't know and it's getting late." I think they might have a price for the bleachers whatever they were in the past and and charge everyone the same for the 2010 season. Then when everthing is completed call the season ticket holder to renew their seat in about the same location. That would be the right thing to do..

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Scott Farmer was on NBC yesterday afternoon and said the contract is now signed from what I remember. The work will begin ASAP with the plan for the bleachers to be completed near the end of the season. We will be slightly inconvenienced by having to sit in the outfield. No way in heck I would want this to start after the season. Too much exposure for both the contractor and university. They would have to re-bid because of the price of material, deadlines, etc. Do it ASAP. After all, that's what our coaches and players want.

There has been some delay at the Tigue because of the weather and some poor soil. Once the weather clears, then the soil problem will be resolved and the work will be complete by 1/10/10. The contractor will work 24/7 if necessary to meet the deadline.
    Keep freakin Descant away from it. It'll be done on time.

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ Keep freakin Descant away from it. It'll be done on time.

Z _
    Who is Descant?

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    _ Who is Descant? _
    The well connected State alum, low bidder who did the Indoor Practice Facility and was late as well as being about a foot short on the basketball practice wing.

Well I was told it was a contractor from Florida....

UL Softball Re: softball....wednesday

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    _ I have my two sponsered box seats. Just wondering what they will charge me to sit in the bleachers. Went to the ticket office yesterday and asked that question. Answer, "I don't know and it's getting late." I think they might have a price for the bleachers whatever they were in the past and and charge everyone the same for the 2010 season. Then when everthing is completed call the season ticket holder to renew their seat in about the same location. That would be the right thing to do.. _
    Frenchie:

I also have sponsored box seats and tried to get information as to how this was going to work this year in regards to my seats but no one that I spoke with could provide me with any information. This is so typical of the UL mindset to wait until the season starts to do this work. Why did they wait until the now to get bids and sign contracts? Why didn't they start this work at the end of the last home game this past season? I bet a dollar to a doughnut that they will tell me that I will have to pay my full season ticket price this year even though I will be sitting in the outfield bleachers if I want to be able to keep my seats for the 2011 season. If you ask me, they should just play every game this season on the road if they are going to start this construction while the season is under way.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterCajun View Post
    Frenchie:

I also have sponsored box seats and tried to get information as to how this was going to work this year in regards to my seats but no one that I spoke with could provide me with any information. This is so typical of the UL mindset to wait until the season starts to do this work. Why did they wait until the now to get bids and sign contracts? Why didn't they start this work at the end of the last home game this past season? I bet a dollar to a doughnut that they will tell me that I will have to pay my full season ticket price this year even though I will be sitting in the outfield bleachers if I want to be able to keep my seats for the 2011 season. If you ask me, they should just play every game this season on the road if they are going to start this construction while the season is under way.
    I'm not sure of this specific situation but I can speak as to the general way state government works. In the famous words of Forrest Gump....state government is like a box of choclates you never know what your gonna get. Everyone at UL could have done the right thing and one of numerous personnel or departments outside their control could have delayed it. However once it does work through the process and gets signed I can guarantee you that contractors are not going to hold a window open for six months +. To much potential in variation of material & labor cost. Not to mention in this economic climate they need work now not later.

In regards to the season tickets. I understand what you are saying but if weren't for us season ticket holders then stuff like this wouldn't be possible. I think it better to chalk it up as a donation to the team and move on. I don't have season tickets in softball but do in baseball and when they redo the Tigue I'll be okay with sitting in the bleachers for a year.

In regards to the 5-6 months before completion it was said that the project would be completed by August....How long is that. That's 7-8 months.

altogether, if the contractor was to work 6-7 day weeks for 12 hours a day.....it could be done relatively soon. It probably depends on the bid amount and the details of the contract. Its really not "alot" of work if you put a large enough crew on it and knock it out..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information