Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: 2010 schedule

Default Re: 2010 Football Schedule

Tough to start off on the road for two games next year

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    _ Tough to start off on the road for two games next year _
    It is too bad we can't schedule a 1AA home game to start every season. While it wouldn't guarantee us a win, it would be pretty close to that and we could work out our kinks before our first 1A game, like this year. Georgia and Ohio on the road to start will be tough, but if we are 1-1 with an open date, that would be good. Only 5 home games will make it tough to be bowl eligible. I still think we go to a bowl game this year which will lead to a better recruiting year and, despite the 7 away games, make it to a bowl game again next year as we will likely have a better team next year.

BTW, there were already several 1AA upsets and near upsets in game 1 this year. UVA, Duke, and Temple lost, Iowa needed two blocked field goal attempts in the last 10 seconds to win vs. N. Iowa and K State escaped over UMass. Because 1AA schools can accept immediate 1A transfers, they can be very competitive, especially teams that are already good year in and year out like McNeese and Appalachian State. The games are certainly no gimmes, but with most BCS schools scheduling this way, why not? That one win could be the difference in being bowl eligible. So, alternate an opening game each year among the Louisiana 1AA schools, McNeese, Southern, Grambling, Nichols, Southeastern and Northwestern. It guarantees a home opener each year, would be great for attendance, a better payout for the schools and it keeps the money in state.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    _ It is too bad we can't schedule a 1AA home game to start every season. While it wouldn't guarantee us a win, it would be pretty close to that and we could work out our kinks before our first 1A game, like this year. Georgia and Ohio on the road to start will be tough, but if we are 1-1 with an open date, that would be good. Only 5 home games will make it tough to be bowl eligible. I still think we go to a bowl game this year which will lead to a better recruiting year and, despite the 7 away games, make it to a bowl game again next year as we will likely have a better team next year.

BTW, there were already several 1AA upsets and near upsets in game 1 this year. UVA, Duke, and Temple lost, Iowa needed two blocked field goal attempts in the last 10 seconds to win vs. N. Iowa and K State escaped over UMass. Because 1AA schools can accept immediate 1A transfers, they can be very competitive, especially teams that are already good year in and year out like McNeese and Appalachian State. The games are certainly no gimmes, but with most BCS schools scheduling this way, why not? That one win could be the difference in being bowl eligible. So, alternate an opening game each year among the Louisiana 1AA schools, McNeese, Southern, Grambling, Nichols, Southeastern and Northwestern. It guarantees a home opener each year, would be great for attendance, a better payout for the schools and it keeps the money in state. _
    Don't quote me but I think you can only use a 1AA win to count toward bowl eligibility once every 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    _ Don't quote me but I think you can only use a 1AA win to count toward bowl eligibility once every 2 years. _
    Sorry to quote you , but I think its that you can only count 1 win per season. Hence, Tech only counted 1 last year.

Yep, check it out:
    The NCAA allows one victory per season over a Division I FCS (formerly I-AA) team to count toward an FBS team's bowl eligibility, so long as the FCS team has supplied financial aid for football averaging out to at least 56.7 full scholarships (90% of the limit of 63 allowed to FCS schools) over the preceding two years. This prevents teams from scheduling multiple games against FCS teams in an effort to pad their win total.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bowl_eligibility which is quoted from the NCAA post season handbook.

It's not an NCAA rule but I it might be a be a Conference Rule. I think that we are also required to play 11 home games every two years.

Would be nice to push Ohio back one year and replace them with Grambling as a Home game though. How set in Stone is next years schedule? Should I go ahead and put my vacation request in?

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    _ It's actually simple mathematics. Follow me here.

4 away conference games
    2 away money games
    1 away IOU game that was overdue

Which of the contracts do we break to satisfy those dissatisfied? Perhaps someone on here can come up with $700,000 to $800,000 so we don't have to schedule 2 money games. Any takers???

Notice no 1-AAs. _
    It's not any one persons responsibility to underwrite the athletic program,
    but it is someone's JOB to find a way to spread this out so we don't have to do this. Rediculas

9/4: @Georgia
    9/11: @Ohio
    9/18: Open
    9/25: Oklahoma State
    10/2: Western Kentucky
    10/9: @North Texas
    10/16: Arkansas State
    10/23: @Florida Atlantic
    10/30: Florida International
    11/6: @Ole Miss
    11/13: Middle Tennessee
    11/20: @ULM
    11/27: @Troy

Actually that Ole Miss game wouldn't be a bad road trip. Do some tailgating, watch the game, drive over to Tunica and get a room. Sneak off from the wives and see if Platinum Plus is still open.

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default 2010 schedule

Who does UL have as out of conference opponents in 2010?

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: 2010 schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    Who does UL have as out of conference opponents in 2010?
    Football? Ole Miss, Ohio, Georgia, and Ok State at home.

Georgia, home against okla st. Ohio u, don't remember who else.and the acc champ in the orange bowl

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    _ https://forumeus.com/sh.d.php?t=22870

For tentative dates _
    only 5 home games? thats lame!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    _ https://forumeus.com/sh.d.php?t=22870

For tentative dates _
    This is the most recent 2010 schedule I have.

We need to be 1-1 with an open date to start the season. A loss to Ok State at home followed by 5 wins going into the Ole Miss game. A loss to Ole Miss and we are 6-3 with 3 games left for that illusive 7th game. Win one of three minimally and we are 7-5 and bowl bound, maybe 8-4 with MT at home. THAT should be the minimum expectation for next year for Bustle and staff.

Quote Originally Posted by KACajun View Post
    _ only 5 home games? thats lame!!! _
    If you're a mid major like us, that usually happens every 2 or 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    _ This is the most recent 2010 schedule I have.

We need to be 1-1 with an open date to start the season. A loss to Ok State at home followed by 5 wins going into the Ole Miss game. A loss to Ole Miss and we are 6-3 with 3 games left for that illusive 7th game. Win one of three minimally and we are 7-5 and bowl bound, maybe 8-4 with MT at home. THAT should be the minimum expectation for next year for Bustle and staff. _
    With the schedule we have, going 6 and 6 will be pretty good. AD and Asst AD cannot continue to put the team in such a hole. 3 money games against strong BCS programs.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread Information