Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . LastLast

Thread: 2010 schedule

Default Re: 2010 Football Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by racajun54 View Post
    _ I have a news flash for you most larger 1A schools look at the Cajuns with a similar attitude that the Cajuns look at McNeese. Why should we go play at the smaller venue? Since UL //L decided to got 1A how many larger schools have played at Cajun Field? Not many and by many I mean 10 or more teams. Granted its true 1A teams don't got to 1AA venues but I think the Cajun/Cowboy past rivialy makes it a little more unique. What would be the big deal in throwing them a bone once and a while? _
    News Flash, McNeese State can't pay us $600,000, so it's not going to happen. They can't pay us $250,000 to play in Lake Charles, financially it does not make sense period. Regardless of attitudes, this program needs to do what's in its financial interest and playing FCS programs on the road isn't it. End of Story!

USL (1960-1983)  (1985-1998) Re: 2010 Football Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    _ Yea, next it will morph into the glory days of the GSC and the SLC then onto the "lets play 'em every year" thread. Can a "go back to the SLC" be far behind? _
    That's a good one. There is one thing I can say about the old GSU/SLC days for us at least we won football games as opposed to the now glory days of the Sunbelt or even the last 20 years. Won a couple of conference football championships as I recall ahh those were the days.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: 2010 Football Schedule

I never said I was passionate its what I chose to do. You want to call LSUA&MC that is your choice and I don't have a problem with it. I just hope you don't use that term in face to face conversions with people they probably think what the h_ll are you talking about. I tend to use USL because that was the name when I graduated but I do use UL//L. I still call ULM Northeast cause that is what they were called when I grew up. I know an old man who graduated from what was then SLI and he still calls us that.
    Not just you so no offense, but old people can't accept change. Yet another reason this name change is hurting us, even our own graduates can't handle it! GEEZ!

Quote Originally Posted by andrepourciau View Post
    _ Not just you so no offense, but old people can't accept change. Yet another reason this name change is hurting us, even our own graduates can't handle it! GEEZ!

_
    The name has nothing to do with the success of a university both on the athletic field and off. Using your logic of a name being a mark of success then say the University of New Mexico should be winning BSC championships. You make yourself a success by hard work not by changing your name. That only works for people in the movies or TV. Its not that I can't handle it its what I am in the habit of calling the school. If I couldn't handle change then I wouldn't have a computer, I would still have rabbit ears on my TV instead of a cable, and I would have a fan instead of air conditioning. No offense though.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    _ News Flash, McNeese State can't pay us $600,000, so it's not going to happen. They can't pay us $250,000 to play in Lake Charles, financially it does not make sense period. Regardless of attitudes, this program needs to do what's in its financial interest and playing FCS programs on the road isn't it. End of Story! _
    I realize they can't pay us that much but how much do we get when we go to ULM? I find it hard to believe its $250,000. I bet McNeese could come up with close to the same amount as ULM and its only a one hour bus ride so the cost to go is very low. The payoff would come from the 2 games we would get with hopefully larger crowds. I am not advocating playing a bunch of FCS programs on the road just POSSIBLY McNeese because of the rivialy of the two schools in the past. If they insist on a home and home or they won't play us then don't play them I was just offering a suggestion. They would probably kick our butt regardless.

6. Default Re: 2010 Football Schedule

I realize they can't pay us that much but how much do we get when we go to ULM? I find it hard to believe its $250,000. I bet McNeese could come up with close to the same amount as ULM and its only a one hour bus ride so the cost to go is very low. The payoff would come from the 2 games we would get with hopefully larger crowds. I am not advocating playing a bunch of FCS programs on the road just POSSIBLY McNeese because of the rivialy of the two schools in the past. If they insist on a home and home or they won't play us then don't play them I was just offering a suggestion. They would probably kick our butt regardless.
    ULM is a conference game, which means no payout.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post
    _ ULM is a conference game, which means no payout. _
    Sorry my bad. Just an old fart who didn't realize. Thanks for correcting me on that one.

8. Default

The name has nothing to do with the success of a university both on the athletic field and off. Using your logic of a name being a mark of success then say the University of New Mexico should be winning BSC championships. You make yourself a success by hard work not by changing your name. That only works for people in the movies or TV. Its not that I can't handle it its what I am in the habit of calling the school. If I couldn't handle change then I wouldn't have a computer, I would still have rabbit ears on my TV instead of a cable, and I would have a fan instead of air conditioning. No offense though.
    I agree with your post.

Here is the deal with a good name; can't hurt, might help.

Here is the deal with a bad name; can't help, might hurt.
    igeaux.mobi

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

They would probably kick our butt regardless. _
    I really want to refute this comment.

_ That's a good one. There is one thing I can say about the old GSU/SLC days for us at least we won football games as opposed to the now glory days of the Sunbelt or even the last 20 years. Won a couple of conference football championships as I recall ahh those were the days. _
    Go back and check the records. We have also won a few championships since leaving the SLC.

Hey, you can always quench your thirst for the SLC by going to Lake Chuck in the fall and wathcing your beloved brokeback cowboys.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunZ1 View Post
    _ I really want to refute this comment. _
    The only way is on the football field.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ I agree with your post.

Here is the deal with a good name; can't hurt, might help.

Here is the deal with a bad name; can't help, might hurt.
    igeaux.mobi _
    Maybe but when we were SLI and USL we won a whole lot more football games. Just a thought but this University of Louisiana Lafayette/University of Louisiana name has been bad luck. Just having a little fun so don't all you guys get excited.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

_ Maybe but when we were SLI and USL we won a whole lot more football games. Just a thought but this University of Louisiana Lafayette/University of Louisiana name has been bad luck. Just having a little fun so don't all you guys get excited. _
    There is no disrespect meant for SLII, SLI, USL or U L L in the movement of titling the university, on the national front, with "UL". There is no doubt that many alumni were and are removed from the disrespect the state showed the university in the name change timeframe. I cannot imagine any SLII, SLI, USL or UL L named alumni not helping the cause. It is not our time. it is the current and future students' time to make their mark at the university. We should do what it takes, like so many other alumni of other schools do, to pull them through and help them along. Being stubborn and living in the 60s is fine when you are hanging around the old gang. When it comes time to step up to the here and now. even if you cannot understand it. back the here and now. If you ever want to have a legacy, you will not do it with those who get buried along side you. you do it by being a leader for those who come behind you. That is done by showing them respect first. They learn how to respect from the respect they are shown. We are Louisiana. We are UL. Get on board. Welcome.

14. Default Re: 2010 Football Schedule

What a truly great post---Damn man----things change and they have---We are indeed Louisiana and UL ---Our choice for a name after great difficulty--get on board everybody---we don't need divided force!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    _ Go back and check the records. We have also won a few championships since leaving the SLC.

Hey, you can always quench your thirst for the SLC by going to Lake Chuck in the fall and wathcing your beloved brokeback cowboys. _
    Exactly how many FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS? I am only talking about football here. At least the Cowboys win more consistantly.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . LastLast

Thread Information