Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread: 2010 schedule

Default Re: 2010 Football Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by bballholic View Post
    _ It should be an interesting game to say the least. I really hate games like this because UL doesn't have much to gain but they have a lot to lose. A loss to any SWAC team would be devestating for a program trying to build a positive identity. Having said that, I still think UL should win this game by 3+ touchdowns. _
    I disagree. A win and a 1-0 record will do a great deal for the team and fans no matter who it is against. I hope you are right about the 3 TD's. But I would take a win by 7 with no injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    _ I disagree. A win and a 1-0 record will do a great deal for the team and fans no matter who it is against. I hope you are right about the 3 TD's. But I would take a win by 7 with no injuries. _

While I agree, I understand what he was saying. You beat Southern, well you were supposed to do it so we're not impressed. You lose to Southern and the end is near. The consequences are not similar in relative terms.

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    _ I disagree. A win and a 1-0 record will do a great deal for the team and fans no matter who it is against. I hope you are right about the 3 TD's. But I would take a win by 7 with no injuries. _
    I suppose you are correct in a sense. A 1-0 record will help create some buzz going into the K-State game. Having said that, a win over Southern won't do anything for the program in the grand scheme of things. A loss to a SWAC team would be an embarrassing setback to say the least. Losing to Southern would be a significant step down from losing to McNeese in my opinion.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: 2010 Football Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    _ Southern has requested 12k tickets--I think they brought a large group to the Tulane game last year or a few years back!!!!!! _
    Hey, if they bring half of that plus my anticipated local crowd of 24K, we're sitting at 30K and I'm happy with that.

On the flip side, I guess you could argue this game is VERY important to avoid the possible embarrassment and setback, lol. Just win the game, avoid serious injuries and no harm is done!

6. Default Re: 2010 Football Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    _ Oh, I know that. Here was his comment "No 1-AAs. Haven't seen that in a while."

Thus my reply.

SU will be in on 9/05/2009. My matey and I's 28th. I didn't even offer her a weekend at Cajun Field. She would not have been impressed. LOL _
    In my defense, someone else said it. I was responding to his post without thinking.

UL Football Re: 2010 Football Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    I'm guessing top 5 crowd for southern.
    I'm guessing it will break the McNeese gameSouthern travels REAL REAL well! WAY BETTER than McNeese could ever dream of traveling!

Top 3 crowd!

And if they put the barriers in the endzones like they did for the McNeese game it will keep it to around 34,000. Take them down like for the Texas A&M and Bame games and it may surpass the Bama amount!

Quote Originally Posted by andrepourciau View Post
    _ I'm guessing it will break the McNeese gameSouthern travels REAL REAL well! WAY BETTER than McNeese could ever dream of traveling!

Top 3 crowd!

And if they put the barriers in the endzones like they did for the McNeese game it will keep it to around 34,000. Take them down like for the Texas A&M and Bame games and it may surpass the Bama amount! _

LOL. dude, I think you guys are watching the games in the superdome and assume they travel like this for every road game. Not so. Like I said, I watched several of their home games on CST recently and the attendance looked liked that of a high school game. I think we are a little overzealous with the top 3 and top 5 crowd predictions. I hope it works out that way, I just think it is too optimistic.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ LOL. dude, I think you guys are watching the games in the superdome and assume they travel like this for every road game. Not so. Like I said, I watched several of their home games on CST recently and the attendance looked liked that of a high school game. I think we are a little overzealous with the top 3 and top 5 crowd predictions. I hope it works out that way, I just think it is too optimistic. _
    why?

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ why?

Z _

Scouting purposes!!! I didn't make it past the 2nd quarter but that's not the point, lol.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

_ Scouting purposes!!! I didn't make it past the 2nd quarter but that's not the point, lol. _
    you wanna know what I am gonna incorporate into this thread? Wait for it.its coming.

Maybe tomorrow, but its coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ you wanna know what I am gonna incorporate into this thread? Wait for it.its coming.

Maybe tomorrow, but its coming.

_
    Tomorrow WILL be sweeeeet!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post

Games against 1-AA opponents are here to staynot only here, but just about everywhere.

We should sign multi-year contracts with Mcneese and Southern on a rotating basis. Play one this year and the other the next year and so on.

We don't need to schedule any other FCS schools besides these two.

It makes so much sense financially and would give us a permanent boost in yearly average attendance numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    _ We should sign multi-year contracts with Mcneese and Southern on a rotating basis. Play one this year and the other the next year and so on.

We don't need to schedule any other FCS schools besides these two.

It makes so much sense financially and would give us a permanent boost in yearly average attendance numbers. _

I don't doubt this would be great for both schools however, I think this has been talked about between the two schools and no head room has been made. The problem rolls in that I think both would want us to do a return trip to their campuses and play there and I think the decision makers don't want to do that which is probably where we see the hold up. BOP would know better than any of us whether this is true or not but these are the rumblings I've heard for quite some time.

I don't doubt this would be great for both schools however, I think this has been talked about between the two schools and no head room has been made. The problem rolls in that I think both would want us to do a return trip to their campuses and play there and I think the decision makers don't want to do that which is probably where we see the hold up. BOP would know better than any of us whether this is true or not but these are the rumblings I've heard for quite some time.

If the decision makers at these 2 schools truly expect a return trip from us and are using that as a reason to nix this deal, then they are even more stupid than I thought.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread Information