Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread: 2010 schedule

Default Re: 2010 Football Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    Ding Ding Ding!!! We have a winner. _
    Based on the Cajuns' play I've seen the past two times in Monroe, it's like playing a home game. lol!!! No lie - on both occasions there were more Cajuns fans in the stands than Hoaxtsers when the clock read 00:00.

So, let's count that one as #6.

All you people that are _____ing better show up for K state and Boone Pickens U!

I for one am glad that I am a season ticket holder. I'm guessing top 5 crowd for southern.

3. Default Re: 2010 Football Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    _ It's actually simple mathematics. Follow me here.

4 away conference games
    2 away money games
    1 away IOU game that was overdue

Which of the contracts do we break to satisfy those dissatisfied? Perhaps someone on here can come up with $700,000 to $800,000 so we don't have to schedule 2 money games. Any takers???

Notice no 1-AAs. _
    No 1-AAs. Haven't seen that in a while.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: 2010 Football Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Crackleton View Post
    _ No 1-AAs. Haven't seen that in a while. _
    Yep, since 2008.

_ Yep, since 2008. _
    How long will it be before Michigan plays another 1aa.

6. Default Re: 2010 Football Schedule

_ Yep, since 2008. _
    I'm very short sighted. When I say a while, I'm talking weeks.

_ Yep, since 2008. _

We're playing one in 2009 - Southern.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: 2010 Football Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    _ We're playing one in 2009 - Southern. _
    Oh, I know that. Here was his comment "No 1-AAs. Haven't seen that in a while."

Thus my reply.

SU will be in on 9/05/2009. My matey and I's 28th. I didn't even offer her a weekend at Cajun Field. She would not have been impressed. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    _ All you people that are _____ing better show up for K state and Boone Pickens U!

I for one am glad that I am a season ticket holder. I'm guessing top 5 crowd for southern. _

I believe that people are way too generous in their assessment of how many fans Southern will bring. I saw some of their home games on t.V. over the past couple of years and they didn't exactly putt the butts in the stands at home, much less traveling. I know that its only an hour but I just doubt we're going to see more than 25k for that game and really think it'll be closer to 20k.

10. Default Re: 2010 Football Schedule

I talked to one of my favorite Baton Rouge State Farm agents recently telling her we would kick their butt and see if she wanted to stay the nite in AVille--Her reply was that she thought my prediction was wrong and appreciated the offer-BUT they already had the busses ready to go and we would meet there!!!

Of the 120 D-1A teams for 2009, 79 of them play at least 1 game against a
    1-AA opponent.

Seven schools (Kansas State, North Carolina State, North Carolina, Duke, Rutgers, South Florida and Ole Miss) play two 1-AA opponents, making a total of 86 games against 1-AA schools.

Why is that? Simple mathetmatics. If you want to play home games, chances are you'll play a 1-AA.

Seven schools have eight home games.

Only 9 schools (UAB, Fresno State, La. Tech, Utah State, Troy, FAU, Arkansas State, ULM, FIU) have fewer than six home games.

And, of those nine, five of them (ASU, ULM, Fresno, Utah St, La. Tech) have to play a 1-AA just to get to five home games.

Games against 1-AA opponents are here to staynot only here, but just about everywhere.

It should be an interesting game to say the least. I really hate games like this because UL doesn't have much to gain but they have a lot to lose. A loss to any SWAC team would be devestating for a program trying to build a positive identity. Having said that, I still think UL should win this game by 3+ touchdowns.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ I believe that people are way too generous in their assessment of how many fans Southern will bring. I saw some of their home games on t.V. over the past couple of years and they didn't exactly putt the butts in the stands at home, much less traveling. I know that its only an hour but I just doubt we're going to see more than 25k for that game and really think it'll be closer to 20k. _
    Well, after we beat Southern, there is no reason not to have 28,000 - 30,000 vs. Kansas State. That is the kind of BCS game we want at home and a winnable game at that. That just might be the most winnable BCS game we will ever face.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    _ Well, after we beat Southern, there is no reason not to have 28,000 - 30,000 vs. Kansas State. That is the kind of BCS game we want at home and a winnable game at that. That just might be the most winnable BCS game we will ever face. _

This game could be a godsend or it could kill our chances at bowl eligibility. If we beat Southern, I would expect close to capacity crowd for the KSU game if not a sellout. I think its possible for Southern but they do not have the following nor do they travel like McNeese. The KSU game is perfect if our QB and RB situation gets a boost this fall and we stabilize there. However, if we lose it, that basically would put us at 1-3 nonconference and I'm predicting 5 wins in conference which is 6-6 and probably not going to get us in a bowl. Then you have the "I'm not going to accept mediocrity" peeps screaming again and anarchy ensues. If we beat KSU, I think a bowl game is in order and I think 8 wins is not out of possiblity

15. Default Re: 2010 Football Schedule

Southern has requested 12k tickets--I think they brought a large group to the Tulane game last year or a few years back!!!!!!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread Information