10/9: @North Texas
    10/16: Arkansas State
    10/23: @Florida Atlantic
    10/30: Florida International
    11/6: @Ole Miss
    11/13: Middle Tennessee
    11/20: @ULM
    11/27: @Troy

Actually that Ole Miss game wouldn't be a bad road trip. Do some tailgating, watch the game, drive over to Tunica and get a room. Sneak off from the wives and see if Platinum Plus is still open. _

Ole Miss is the #1 tailgating school in the country at The Grove. I went to Ole Miss years ago when UL played them for their HC game and we almost won. It is a good road trip.

Default Re: 2010 Football Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by raginWaldo View Post
    _ You know why the Sunbelt Conference gets no respect? because we depend on games against the BCS conferences as "money games" but show no initiative to beating them. The players want to beat them, but when we start beating these "money teams" that is when we will begin to get recognition and then they wont want to schedule us.

Instead of looking at these games as an opportunity to get money, we should look at these games as an opportunity to get a large respectful win. Anything other than that is just coward. We shouldnt expect to lose any game. _

That is my point as well. Why are we 1A? These are serious opportunity games for us. How did Boise State, TCU, Utah, and USM get to be so good. They took on the challenges, usually on the road, and won enough of them to get to where they are. Next year's games vs. GA, Ohio, OK State and Ole Miss should all be considered winnable. All of them are losing a ton of players while UL will be reloading and should have a good team. This is why we are in 1A. Let's go out and beat these guys.

im glad to see atleast there are some of us that think alike. I just hope the gist of them are on the actual football team, waiting to shock the world

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: 2010 schedule

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    _ It would certainly help to play a winnable first game like we did this year, and we can blame our AD for that, but the schedule is what it is. Most people here say the SBC is now on a par with at least the MAC, WAC (except for Boise State) and C-USA. Well, here is Ohio on our schedule who is heavy with seniors this year. It should be a winnable, albeit a toss-up, game. We need to win at least 6, if not 7, SBC games and we are in a bowl. Why is that impossible this year?

Troy lost to Bowling Green, Florida and Arkansas, yet beat UAB and went undefeated in conference for a 9 win season. MT beat Memphis and Maryland plus 7 conference wins for a 9 win season.

Quit complaining about scheduling. It is time for this program to move up after 8 years of rebuilding. We beat K State last year. Let's build on that. We can win 7 games on this schedule and go to a bowl game. After 8 years of rebuilding and several 6-6 seasons, this should minimally be doable. Why do we play 1A football? How do you ever improve the worse conference in the country if you don't play better competition? How do you think S. Miss or E. Carolina or Boise State or TCU got to where they are? Either we are 1A or not. It is time to quit pretending and prove it on the field.

This year 1A OOC schedule:

Troy - Bowling Green, Florida, UAB, Arkansas
    MT - Clemson, Memphis, Maryland, Miss State
    N Texas - Ball State, Ohio, Alabama, Army
    Ark. State - Nebraska, Iowa, Louisville
    FAI - Nebraska, S. Carolina, Wyoming, UAB
    FIU - Alabama, Rutgers, Toledo, Florida
    ULM- Texas, Arizona State, Kentucky
    WKU - Tennessee, S. Florida, Navy
    UL - LSU, Nebraska, K State _
    Who in his right mind says that the SBC is on par with the MAC, WAC, and C-USA. Two SBC teams are bowling this year. There are at least four teams from each one of these other conferences that are bowling this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    _ That is why fans like us need to get heavily involved with contributing to the RCAF. Once we start getting serious money coming into the RCAF to help support the entire athletic program, the A.D. will be able to start relying less and less on guarantee money from football. _
    TRUE!!

Answer: Automatic tie-ins. Neither the MAC nor C-USA has better depth than the Sun Belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    Who in his right mind says that the SBC is on par with the MAC, WAC, and C-USA. Two SBC teams are bowling this year. There are at least four teams from each one of these other conferences that are bowling this year.
    igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by raginWaldo View Post
    _ You know why the Sunbelt Conference gets no respect? because we depend on games against the BCS conferences as "money games" but show no initiative to beating them. The players want to beat them, but when we start beating these "money teams" that is when we will begin to get recognition and then they wont want to schedule us.

Instead of looking at these games as an opportunity to get money, we should look at these games as an opportunity to get a large respectful win. Anything other than that is just coward. We shouldnt expect to lose any game. _
    The SBC did manage to snatch a couple of BCS wins this season. Cajuns beat KSU and the Blue Raiders beat Maryland for the second year in a row.

OOC in general against FBS, MTSU over Memphis and Maryland, Troy over UAB, NT over Ball State (for what that's worth.)

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

If that is the case, then why does the SBC only have ONE automatic bowl tie in? I don't know, maybe SBC teams are having to schedule more "money" games than teams in the MAC and C-USA and are therefore having a harder time getting to that all important 7th win. My point is this. The bowls themselves do not think that the SBC is on par with the MAC, WAC, or C-USA. Until that changes, no 6-6 SBC team will ever go bowling if there are other alternatives available to the bowls.

_ If that is the case, then why does the SBC only have ONE automatic bowl tie in? I don't know, maybe SBC teams are having to schedule more "money" games than teams in the MAC and C-USA and are therefore having a harder time getting to that all important 7th win. My point is this. The bowls themselves do not think that the SBC is on par with the MAC, WAC, or C-USA. Until that changes, no 6-6 SBC team will ever go bowling if there are other alternatives available to the bowls. _
    I lay that at the feet of our worthless commissioner, Wright Waters. He was the incompetent official behind the "bowl tie-in / memorandum of understanding" screw up that left the second (UL) and third place (ASU) teams out of bowls while the fourth place team (FAU) got placed. Waters does little to nothing to advance this conference's standing or perception.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    _ I lay that at the feet of our worthless commissioner, Wright Waters. He was the incompetent official behind the "bowl tie-in / memorandum of understanding" screw up that left the second (UL) and third place (ASU) teams out of bowls while the fourth place team (FAU) got placed. Waters does little to nothing to advance this conference's standing or perception. _
    I agree that Waters is of no value what-so-ever to the SBC. I don't, however, know if anybody else could do any better as far as advancing the standing or perception of the SBC. Like it or not, C-USA and the WAC are perceived as much better conferences than the SBC. Why does UL simply accept being a part of what is considered to be the bottom of D-1 conferences? UL should be doing everything in its power to gain acceptance into C-USA. Either that, or at the very least, begin aligning itself with the C-USA schools that may break away and form a new conference that is a better geographic fit for them than is C-USA. The tough economic times that mid-major schools are facing could force some conference realignments simply as a matter of economic survival. The current C-USA stretches from North Carolina to El Paso. The travel budgets for these schools will become an ever increasing factor in their conference affiliation. UL must position itself to take advantage of this coming opportunity. Either that or quit complaining when SBC schools are passed over for bowl invitations every year.

You guys crack me up. We suck at everything until spring comes, we get 16k for a big 12 opponent, we hadn't been to a bowl game since the civil war, and you want us to position ourselves for a better conference? Can we go 7-5 in the one we're in first, before we worry about getting our teeth kicked in someplace else?

igeaux.mobi

That's on the conference commissioner. Schools cannot be held accountable for his mistakes/shortcomings. Either he isn't trying, the bowls aren't listenng or a combination of both. My guess is the latter.

If that is the case, then why does the SBC only have ONE automatic bowl tie in? I don't know, maybe SBC teams are having to schedule more "money" games than teams in the MAC and C-USA and are therefore having a harder time getting to that all important 7th win. My point is this. The bowls themselves do not think that the SBC is on par with the MAC, WAC, or C-USA. Until that changes, no 6-6 SBC team will ever go bowling if there are other alternatives available to the bowls.
    igeaux.mobi

_ I agree that Waters is of no value what-so-ever to the SBC. I don't, however, know if anybody else could do any better as far as advancing the standing or perception of the SBC. Like it or not, C-USA and the WAC are perceived as much better conferences than the SBC. Why does UL simply accept being a part of what is considered to be the bottom of D-1 conferences? UL should be doing everything in its power to gain acceptance into C-USA. Either that, or at the very least, begin aligning itself with the C-USA schools that may break away and form a new conference that is a better geographic fit for them than is C-USA. The tough economic times that mid-major schools are facing could force some conference realignments simply as a matter of economic survival. The current C-USA stretches from North Carolina to El Paso. The travel budgets for these schools will become an ever increasing factor in their conference affiliation. UL must position itself to take advantage of this coming opportunity. Either that or quit complaining when SBC schools are passed over for bowl invitations every year. _
    You say Waters is worthless. then in your next breath say that no one could do better. Which is it?

And on the second point, you imply that all UL has to do is "want" to be in some other conference and it will then happen. If it was only that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    _ You guys crack me up. We suck at everything until spring comes, we get 16k for a big 12 opponent, we hadn't been to a bowl game since the civil war, and you want us to position ourselves for a better conference? Can we go 7-5 in the one we're in first, before we worry about getting our teeth kicked in someplace else?

igeaux.mobi _
    exactly

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post
    we will have years where we will only have five home games.
    lswho sometings only have seven home games in stead of eight. Sad but true.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread Information