Thread: Lack of consistency cost Cajuns softball a sweep at South Alabama

1. UL Softball Lack of consistency cost Cajuns softball a sweep at South Alabama

MOBILE, Ala. — The Louisiana softball team's series win over South Alabama felt a little like a loss — especially after the Ragin' Cajuns dropped Sunday's series finale 8-5.

Even though the Cajuns swept a doubleheader Saturday to secure the series.

The rest of the story
    THE Advocate

Default Re: Lack of consistency cost Cajuns softball a sweep at South Alabama

This team is good no doubt, but they have to pitch and field better to go far. All three losses have been games where we have made crucial errors. If we clean that up we will be in any game.

Jordan has shown that she has the stuff again this year, but is she mentally tough enough? She's had to be pulled early a few times in some big games. Getting the young pitchers some experience is good but we are going to need her to buckle down in those situations.

I think we have a chance to be very very good come season's end!

3. UL Softball Re: Lack of consistency cost Cajuns softball a sweep at South Alabama

Pitching consistency, and fielding will be the defining ingredients. Hitting against the best pitchers in America will always be off and on with no way to know what is to happen on any given day.

Is the game Wednesday at Northwestern still on? Is it probably better for our RPI to not play them at all?

5. Default Re: Lack of consistency cost Cajuns softball a sweep at South Alabama

You know that is just insane. I get yor RPI taking a hit if you lose to a bad team, but to be punished for winning seems counter productive. A win should always trump not playing.

Quote Originally Posted by ulforlife View Post
    This team is good no doubt, but they have to pitch and field better to go far. All three losses have been games where we have made crucial errors. If we clean that up we will be in any game.

Jordan has shown that she has the stuff again this year, but is she mentally tough enough? She's had to be pulled early a few times in some big games. Getting the young pitchers some experience is good but we are going to need her to buckle down in those situations.

I think we have a chance to be very very good come season's end!
    Part of her being pulled, is actually having someone to put in. Not saying it wasn't because she was struggling, but this is the first time since 2012 that we've had a viable option to come on in relief.

I agree with you that you should not be punished, and wins should be rewarded. I was just asking a question because that's the way the system works. Not condoning it.

But why not pitch Christina in game 3?

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    But why not pitch Christina in game 3?
    I think they're trying to ease her back in. There showed no tear in her shoulder, but she still isn't 100%

Thread Information