Thread: Just keep shooting

1. Default Just keep shooting

UL — Inevitably, Hayward Register's phone will ding with a message from his father, Harold, after a poor shooting performance.

"He texts me and tries to clown with me, talking about how I'm building a brick house, trying to make fun of me, talking .

The rest of the story
    THE Advocate

2. UL Basketball Re: Just keep shooting

IMO Register is a player who would have benefited a red shirt year. He then could have had four very productive years. I will take two and a half.

Default Re: Just keep shooting

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    IMO Register is a player who would have benefited a red shirt year. He then could have had four very productive years. I will take two and a half.
    Serious consideration was given to redshirting Heyward Register last year. Big part of the reason not to do so was the early season injury to Bryant Mbamalu last year. Although not as significant as this year, there were a few games last year where his hot shooting helped us pull out a victory. Game at UTA comes to mind. His recent improved play coming at the end of his sophomore year should remind us that we should not expect freshman to play like All Americans their first year. Many times folks who analyze recruiting do so based upon expectations of what will happen immediately. Coaches see recruiting a little differently. They see what a player can be vs what he is today. In Heyward's case, he had to learn what was expected defensively in order for him to stay on the floor. Starting also allows him to play more relaxed. He does not have the pressure of perhaps immediately coming out of the game due to a couple of missed shots or missed assignments. We are redshirting Scottie Plaisance this year and I bet we will be appreciating what a great decision that was a few years down the road. We had enough other guys at his position this year to allow that to happen.

Thread Information