Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7

Thread: (2009) I'm the casual fan that has not been to Cajun Field in years

Quote Originally Posted by tucsman View Post
    _ I am from north La. This is my son's first year and I can tell you UL has the friendliest fans anywhere. We knew no one and within a couple of games we had tail-gating invitations from many. Thanks to all and if it has been 10 years since your last game,try it again cause it is a blast! GO CAJUNS! _
    small enough to know you, large enough to serve you!

Default Re: (2009) Im the casual fan that has not been to Cajun Field in 10 years

Quote Originally Posted by Chop View Post
    _ Yes, I happen to be in the lost age group of 30 to 40.
    I still must have a little bit of care left in me, otherwise I would not have signed up for this site and started this thread.

But the attitude of the 1st 2 posters after my 1st post is a perfect example of the kind of people that I was talking about.

You guys are going to have to get over it.
    Sometimes I feel like you want your 6K fans in the stands. You wear it like a badge of or something.

Time to quit thinking that your something that your not.
    There are a lot of people in this town that would support this program with just a few changes.

It is a very fine line being a winner, and not being a winner.
    I dont think the changes need to be wholesale.
    I would support the team if they had Troys success in football or WKUs success in basketball. Im not asking for much. _
    It's not the job of the people on this board to make you feel wanted and warm and fuzzy inside. I do not know a single person on this site outside of the internet,(at least not that I know of), but I go to every single home game that I'm not working. I go because I am a fan of UL sports. It's not because CajunT, Stevie P, and Jay Walker call me over to their tailgating areas and make me feel like I'm welcome.

If you want to support UL, just do it.

Default Re: (2009) Im the casual fan that has not been to Cajun Field in 10 years

And now we come full circle.

Going to my 1st game today since I dont know when.

Member of RCAF
    Already have gone to most of the basketball games this past year.
    We are back.

They did exactly what I said they needed to do to get people like me back in the game.

I dont require winning 8 games a year for my support.

All I ask is that they care.
    And I see now that they care.

Look forward to going to Cajun Field for the 1st time since RB 1st season.

4. Default Re: (2009) I'm the casual fan that has not been to Cajun Field in years

That is a great full circle story Chop, I bet you are not alone.

Stop by the Eauxk and say hello. Many from this board will be there along with some Nicholls fans.

Default Re: (2009) I'm the casual fan that has not been to Cajun Field in years (ff 2011

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Just want to say that for ANY big game ANYWHERE it's a bad idea to show up 15 minutes before and expect there to be no line for tickets. The same thing happened to me recently at an NBA game.

But welcome to the team chop. We need more people like you.
    igeaux.mobi

You must of not went to the Minnesota game a long time ago when people waited in line for an hour and the line never moved.

Default Re: (2009) I'm the casual fan that has not been to Cajun Field in years

Quote Originally Posted by Chop View Post
    I’m the guy you love to hate, but at the same time I’m the type of person you have to have for a successful program.

Its time to quit blaming LSU for all the problems. Do you know how childish that sounds?

LSU has zero to do with ULs success or failure.

You can like me or hate me, the bottom line is you will never see 25K at Cajun Field or 10K at the Cajun dome without me sitting in one of the seats.
    Actually, I do think LSU has a lot to do with UL’s success. From the extent that a hand full of hard core UL supporters are constantly badgering individuals, businesses and anything else that supports or promotes LSU. This kind of attitude had done nothing but alienate a large contingent of potential fans who once upon a time supported UL but now would rather do something else. I know several of them, including UL alumni. I have season tickets & will be at the game today. I am sure there will be a few on here that think I stay home too since I also have LSU season tickets.

Default Re: (2009) I'm the casual fan that has not been to Cajun Field in years

I'm scratching my head trying to figure out what you were trying to say. It doesnt seem like the first sentence of your post has anything to do with the rest of it. Hell, its probably just me.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7

Thread Information