Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 11 . LastLast

Thread: Latest Bowl Projections

Default Latest Bowl Projections

Rivals.com has the following bowl projections:

NO Bowl - ECU vs. Troy
    Little Ceasar's Pizza Bowl (Detroit) - MT vs. Ohio
    GMAC Bowl (Moblie) - Central Michigan vs. UCLA

So, the question is, will UCLA go to that bowl? I just don't see UCLA accepting that invitation. If not, I believe, UL remains the next in line. Mobile is a short drive from Lafayette and we should be able to guarantee a lot of fans and sold tickets making us very attractive. This is a better bowl prediction than UCLA going to Detroit where UL has no name recognition. At least we are known in Mobile. It is getting interesting. It may be one in a million, but we .still have a chance.

BTW, CMU is 10-2 with one of the top QBs in the country. Good passing QBs have destroyed UL. So, we should be careful what we wish for, but a bowl appearance trumps any of that.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Latest Bowl Projections

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    It is getting interesting. It may be one in a million, but we .still have a chance.
    I'll say this. IF this happens, which it probably won't.

All of us need to rally behind it. I totally understand the frustration with the decision to keep Bustle, but if it happens we should put that aside and jump on board full steam.

I'm good for a bushel of tickets, a hotel stay, and the purchase of many Yuenglings. You listening GMAC bowl??

_ Rivals.com has the following bowl projections:

NO Bowl - ECU vs. Troy

So, the question is, will UCLA go to that bowl? I just don't see UCLA accepting that invitation. If not, I believe, UL remains the next in line. Mobile is a short drive from Lafayette and we should be able to guarantee a lot of fans and sold tickets making us very attractive. This is a better bowl prediction than UCLA going to Detroit where UL has no name recognition. At least we are known in Mobile. It is getting interesting. It may be one in a million, but we .still have a chance.

BTW, CMU is 10-2 with one of the top QBs in the country. Good passing QBs have destroyed UL. So, we should be careful what we wish for, but a bowl appearance trumps any of that. _
    I would love nothing more to have hope for a bowl, but UL lost its bowl bid at Florida Int.

Rivals.com has the following bowl projections:

NO Bowl - ECU vs. Troy

BTW, CMU is 10-2 with one of the top QBs in the country. Good passing QBs have destroyed UL. So, we should be careful what we wish for, but a bowl appearance trumps any of that.
    Did a little searching and UCLA will definitely take the invite if it is extended. Other online discussions with the GMAC bowl director don't even mention the Cajuns.

UCLA is probably required by PAC-10 rules to accept any bowl invitation.

6. Default Re: Latest Bowl Projections

Regardless of what happens the UL Administration should use this tween time as a practice run as if they were going to the bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ Regardless of what happens the UL Administration should use this tween time as a practice run as if they were going to the bowl. _

Can anyone comment on whether or not they are still practicing?

Let me know when they show up, y'all.

Seriously.

BTW, CMU is 10-2 with one of the top QBs in the country. Good passing QBs have destroyed UL. So, we should be careful what we wish for, but a bowl appearance trumps any of that. _
    And CMU will embarrass UCLA back to the left coast.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunZ1 View Post
    _ I'll say this. IF this happens, which it probably won't.

All of us need to rally behind it. I totally understand the frustration with the decision to keep Bustle, but if it happens we should put that aside and jump on board full steam.

I'm good for a bushel of tickets, a hotel stay, and the purchase of many Yuenglings. You listening GMAC bowl?? _
    Finished my last Lager about a week ago and only have 4 Black and Tans left.I'm due for a restock.

Quote Originally Posted by keithj View Post
    _ Let me know when they show up, y'all.

Seriously. _
    LOL! Thanks for the good laugh!

_ I'll say this. IF this happens, which it probably won't.

I'm good for a bushel of tickets, a hotel stay, and the purchase of many Yuenglings. You listening GMAC bowl?? _
    You mean its possible to buy Yuengling outside of PA/the northeast. :P

Stuff is nowhere to be found in this state. Still, its best on tap.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    _ You mean its possible to buy Yuengling outside of PA/the northeast. :P

Stuff is nowhere to be found in this state. Still, its best on tap. _
    When UL baseball went to Alabama for the Sun Belt tournament a few years back, they had it everywhere. Never had it on tap.

_ When UL basketball went to Alabama for the Sun Belt tournament a few years back, they had it everywhere. Never had it on tap. _
    Sweet. I had it in Philly on tap. Black and Tan with it that I think they call a Philly Phanatic up there. Great stuff.

Anyway, back on topic.

NO Bowl - ECU vs. Troy

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/co.sp?CID=1023421

I ask again is the admin doing anything to sell our program to the Bowl in Mobile? We are closer, we have led the sunbelt in attendance, our fans are eager to get to a bowl game and will buy tickets?

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 11 . LastLast

Thread Information