Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Trio seeks to fill Broadway's shoes

Default Re: Trio seeks to fill Broadway's shoes

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Didn't Dion Ray sign with us because he would be given a shot to play QB? And isn't he already in school and will participate in spring drills?

If all of that is true, it seems odd that his name wasn't even mentioned in the article.
    All of that is true, nothing has changed. But Ray is a true freshmen learning the offense, he is not considered one of the top 3 competitors for the QB position. And, he will get a look at another position this spring as well. They will feed him what he can handle, but I doubt they are going to go much beyond that right now.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    All of that is true, nothing has changed. But Ray is a true freshmen learning the offense, he is not considered one of the top 3 competitors for the QB position. And, he will get a look at another position this spring as well. They will feed him what he can handle, but I doubt they are going to go much beyond that right now.
    Makes sense.

But if the sole reason he came here was to be a QB, and Davis wins the job as a RS Frosh, does Ray accept a move to another position? Or transfer somewhere else where he can be a QB?

I guess my question is.how strong are his feelings about QB or bust?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    How about JD being one of the fastest of some guys that can fly.didn't know that speed factorFuse. Ray. Scott. McGuire. Present some serious matchups.love it!!!!
    Pay attention when I post after seeing a prospect play in person.

Makes sense.

But if the sole reason he came here was to be a QB, and Davis wins the job as a RS Frosh, does Ray accept a move to another position? Or transfer somewhere else where he can be a QB?

Ray will get his shotbut he is behind the other 3 right now

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Ray will get his shotbut he is behind the other 3 right now
    I get that. Just wondering if someone "in the know" had an idea as to what the kid's mindset is. Although, that is obviously subject to change.

Makes sense.

No one can give you an answer with certainty. Most kids tell you what you want to hear, but are thinking other things. At this point, he will get some reps at quarterback with the others. What happens after that depends upon how much he can absorb and how hard he is willing to work.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    im pulling for the haack attack, but everything i hear about Jordan Davis it will be hard to keep him out of the starting spot. If Davis wins out, that only means we have our starting qb for years to come and we ll be in great shape
    I agree with you 100%. Ideally you would like your QB starting situation to always be a R-Jr. and have that guy start for 2 years. Then turn the reigns over to another R-Jr. who has a full grasp of the offense.

When you get to that point you are recruiting the right guys at the right times.

8. Default Re: Trio seeks to fill Broadway's shoes

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Pay attention when I post after seeing a prospect play in person.
    ----I have to my dismay!!! lol

9. Default Re: Trio seeks to fill Broadway's shoes

I just want somebody that can pass. We have a running back. I wouldn't mind seeing Nixon at running back with Haack at QB, that would rest The Prophet and cause the defense the coverage issues with a double pass.

I sounds like "most kids" train early to be coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    No one can give you an answer with certainty. Most kids tell you what you want to hear, but are thinking other things.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    I sonds like "most kids" train early to be coaches.
    And ADs. and girlfriends and wives. HEHE

I want whomever can lead this team on and off the field. I do think it is important to declare a starter as early as possible to give them the opportunity to put their stamp on the team and create some chemistry but this also gives the coaches time to tweak the offense for whoever they declare and suit it to their strengths.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information