Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trio seeks to fill Broadway's shoes

1. Default Trio seeks to fill Broadway's shoes

When the UL football team holds its first spring practice of 2015 on Tuesday, Brooks Haack will start with an advantage over both of his primary competitors for the job all three covet.

In the case of Jalen Nixon, it’s mostly a matter of trust. In the case of Jordan Davis, it’s age and game experience.

Default Re: Trio seeks to fill Broadway's shoes

Free Haack

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    Free Haack
    I think you may want to change this to #StartHaack.

"Free Haack" at this point is about like using #LetWomenVote be your cult slogan for women's rights. Freedom at this point is not Haack's problem. But don't let that stop you. In this modern day, injustices perpetrated on a group in the past, are extremely expedient in the attempt to gain new ground. Just be careful not to push the cause too far beyond it's expiration date. As in other causes, if you keep harping on the past injustice as a limiter on your present condition. it only serves to degrade your cause. It may bind your cult together. but they go backwards.

Damn. I got all philosophical on myself. I really only meant to say. "Free Haack" is past it's expiration date.

How about #DefinitelyTryHack?

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Redgineer View Post
    How about #DefinitelyTryHack?
    But who are you yelling that at? Hud even said that Haack has the very slight lead going into spring drills. It's like going to your grocery store after they've added Blue Bell ice cream and picketing that they need to "definitely try Blue Bell". If I loved Haack so much that I didn't want anyone else but Haack. my slogan would be "GeauxHaack" or "TheHaackAttack" or "EyeBackHaack" or just "Haack".

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    I think you may want to change this to #StartHaack.

"Free Haack" at this point is about like using #LetWomenVote be your cult slogan for women's rights. Freedom at this point is not Haack's problem. But don't let that stop you. In this modern day, injustices perpetrated on a group in the past, are extremely expedient in the attempt to gain new ground. Just be careful not to push the cause too far beyond it's expiration date. As in other causes, if you keep harping on the past injustice as a limiter on your present condition. it only serves to degrade your cause. It may bind your cult together. but they go backwards.

Damn. I got all philosophical on myself. I really only meant to say. "Free Haack" is past it's expiration date.
    that's just too much thinking on a Sunday morning!!!

But who are you yelling that at? Hud even said that Haack has the very slight lead going into spring drills. It's like going to your grocery store after they've added Blue Bell ice cream and picketing that they need to "definitely try Blue Bell". If I loved Haack so much that I didn't want anyone else but Haack. my slogan would be "GeauxHaack" or "TheHaackAttack" or "EyeBackHaack" or just "Haack".
    J1M, I'm joking.

I'll be happy with whatever Hud decides.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    that's just too much thinking on a Sunday morning!!!
    I knew if I added too much Makers to my first pot of Dark Roast, I was going to catch some grief for my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Redgineer View Post
    J1M, I'm joking.

I'll be happy with whatever Hud decides.
    I know. I'm just joking too.

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    When the UL football team holds its first spring practice of 2015 on Tuesday, Brooks Haack will start with an advantage over both of his primary competitors for the job all three covet.

In the case of Jalen Nixon, it’s mostly a matter of trust. In the case of Jordan Davis, it’s age and game experience.

This is how you build a "Program". We're not counting on a Freshman or JC transfer to come in and run this team; we've got three talented guys competing, all with experience in our system. I don't think I've seen this before at UL

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    This is how you build a "Program". We're not counting on a Freshman or JC transfer to come in and run this team; we've got three talented guys competing, all with experience in our system. I don't think I've seen this before at UL
    Very true. In the past, we wondered which guy might be good enough. I think Hud could choose right now who the starter is. and probably make that choice work. This article, in all reality, told us nothing. except the last section. I do like it that Hud clearly wants to come out of the spring practice with a starter in mind. I much prefer that. Even though my gut tells me that we'll end up giving two, or all three, snaps in the first few games. I think you need to declare and work around a clear starter. There are enough differences in the styles of each of these three. not to mention the need to bulid their leadership role with the team. to declare a starter and work around his specific traits in the base offense. I read from what Hud said and didn't say. that he knows that. and will work toward that.

I know. I'm just joking too.
    I guess the hint was #EyeBackHaack.

im pulling for the haack attack, but everything i hear about Jordan Davis it will be hard to keep him out of the starting spot. If Davis wins out, that only means we have our starting qb for years to come and we ll be in great shape

Didn't Dion Ray sign with us because he would be given a shot to play QB? And isn't he already in school and will participate in spring drills?

If all of that is true, it seems odd that his name wasn't even mentioned in the article.

15. Default Re: Trio seeks to fill Broadway's shoes

How about JD being one of the fastest of some guys that can fly.didn't know that speed factorFuse. Ray. Scott. McGuire. Present some serious matchups.love it!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information