Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Cajuns Football: A Slow Climb

1. Default Re: Cajuns Football: A Slow Climb

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    _ Do you know for a fact that will happen? Nothing that is happening now points to a 3-9 record. _
    Not unless they repeat the off season fiasco of 2006 which is my whole hinge point.

Default Re: Cajuns Football: A Slow Climb

we went 3-9 after we went 6-5 with bustlewhats not pointing to that?

an added loss to go 6-6??

Quote Originally Posted by dms4720 View Post
    _ in a conference like the sunbelt, yes. maybe its me but i always strive to be better, not just say its good enough to be average _
    Trust me. Nick Saban couldn't win 8 games next year. after starting 0 and 3 against the BCS. You will be firing coaches every 2 years.

_ we went 3-9 after we went 6-5 with bustlewhats not pointing to that?

an added loss to go 6-6?? _
    I am willing ot bet you a fairly large sum of money UL's record will be better than 3-9. You up for it?

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    _ I am willing ot bet you a fairly large sum of money UL's record will be better than 3-9. You up for it? _
    obviously not, but i want better than 3-9, i want 7-5 or 8-4. thats my point, we wont get there with bustle, if we go 6-6 it should be with a new guy so he atleast has a year under his belt to get his system in staff in place. it puts us one year ahead of the learning curve.

_ obviously not, but i want better than 3-9, i want 7-5 or 8-4. thats my point, we wont get there with bustle, if we go 6-6 it should be with a new guy so he atleast has a year under his belt to get his system in staff in place. it puts us one year ahead of the learning curve. _
    If this new guy's 2nd year schedule includes 2 SEC schools and 1 Big-12 school, will you demand that he wins 8 games. which means he could only lose 1 other game? If not, we will need to fire him?

Bustles very best year is only three games better than Baldwin, he has been given three times as long to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by gridiron View Post
    _ Bustles very best year is only three games better than Baldwin, he has been given three times as long to get it. _

Answer this.

If this new guy's 2nd year schedule includes 2 SEC schools and 1 Big-12 school, will you demand that he wins 8 games. which means he could only lose 1 other game? If not, we will need to fire him?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    _ If this new guy's 2nd year schedule includes 2 SEC schools and 1 Big-12 school, will you demand that he wins 8 games. which means he could only lose 1 other game? If not, we will need to fire him? _
    exactly why i said earlier hence 3 years to build a program. give the guy 3 years, if he has 3 bcs schools and cant win 7-8 games yes fire him. im nottrying to making friends with these guys or expect them come in and have a great stay in lafayette and not win, they need to come in and produce a winner.3 years to do it, if they cant move on. thats why we have been mediocre for so long, we dont put any pressure on our coaches to succeed

_ exactly why i said earlier hence 3 years to build a program. give the guy 3 years, if he has 3 bcs schools and cant win 7-8 games yes fire him _
    With our current budget, Nick Saban "MIGHT" be able to do that 1 out of every 4 or 5 years.

My point is that we MUST back off of the money games. Limit them to 1 per year, which means that our team would then have a fighting chance to win 11 of the games on its schedule. THEN, it would be realistic to demand 7 or 8 wins. and even 9 every few years.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    _ With our current budget, Nick Saban "MIGHT" be able to do that 1 out of every 4 or 5 years.

My point is that we MUST back off of the money games. Limit them to 1 per year, which means that our team would then have a fighting chance to win 11 of the games on its schedule. THEN, it would be realistic to demand 7 or 8 wins. and even 9 every few years. _
    how then do we pay to play these other games in place of the money gams, much less find those oppenents, who we know most of which will not come to cajun field. and trying to find these teams would be a problem to, because you know what all those other teams are doing too.playing money games of their own. you cant complain about having one of the lowest budgets in the country and then scrap money games, then the budgets even lower, and when we lose to these replaced money game teams, we can just blame it on the fact that our budget is even lower now because we arent playing any money games
    i see it now, some one saying "well _____ if we're gonna lose anyway, it might as well be to a bcs school and we can get paid for it!"

_ how then do we pay to play these other games in place of the money gams, much less find those oppenents, who we know most of which will not come to cajun field. and trying to find these teams would be a problem to, because you know what all those other teams are doing too.playing money games of their own. you cant complain about having one of the lowest budgets in the country and then scrap money games, then the budgets even lower, and when we lose to these replaced money game teams, we can just blame it on the fact that our budget is even lower now because we arent playing any money games
    i see it now, some one saying "well _____ if we're gonna lose anyway, it might as well be to a bcs school and we can get paid for it!" _
    Then you can't have it both ways. If 3 money games is fine with you, then a 6 and 6 record is really a 6 and 3 record considering the games where the administration (in putting together the schedule) put us in a position to win. which would be 9 of the 12.

13. Default Re: Cajuns Football: A Slow Climb

Personally (can't exactly prove it) I think money games have cost the program tens of millions of dollars in community support over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ Personally (can't exactly prove it) I think money games have cost the program tens of millions of dollars in community support over the years. _
    I very strongly agree with you. They may have been needed in the past, but now they are hurting more than helping. Between the RCAF and other continued fundraising, it is imperative that we find the dollars to replace money games and limit them, at least while we attempt to contine to build the program, to "1" per year.

Let me put a reverse spin on the spin. Programs have joined (or hell, even started playing football) in DIV1 FBS and won bowl games faster than our slow climb (UCF, FAU).

Don't bring up money. W's and L's are all that I'm talking about. There's ways to get money that we did not source in the past outside of the missing RCAF. Money should never have been an excuse. Ever.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information