Thread: Cajuns Football: A Slow Climb

Default Re: Cajuns Football: A Slow Climb

Quote Originally Posted by champgolfpro View Post
    _ for real

BUSTLE: 3-9 year 1 12 games
    4-8 year 2 12 games
    4-7 year 3 11 games

BALDWIN:
    2-9 year 1 11- games. dont see how thats a better record than Bustle, maybe if Bustle had an 11 game schedule in year 1 then maybe.

1-10 year 2 11 games.THAT'S RIGHT 1-AND F'IN 10

3-8 11 games FOR A TOTAL OF 6 WINS TO BUSTLE'S 12 IN HIS FIRST 3 YEARS!!!!

Bustle took over a program that was in the toilet, hardly NO SCHOLARSHIPS, criminals on the team, Baldwin's ONLY recruit was Fred Stamps, who is a great kid! toss out Bustle's first 3 years and look what we have done the last 5.25 wins and a conference title in 2005, yeah i'm tired of the "bowl eligible" also!!!! but DON"T compare Bustle to Jerry "Toothpick" Baldwin. Baldwin would NEVER win more than 3 games.

can you say we are any better off if Baldwin would have been here for 5 years?? i can say we are A LOT better shape that we are in since Bustle took over. we have enough schlorships, the players are graduating, facilities have had a face lift and will get better in the next 2-4 years. we are a MID MAJOR it takes time!

so give the man a little credit! just DON'T compare him to Baldwin! that's not fair! Baldwin is the reason it's takes this long to turn it around! _
    exactly

Default Re: Cajuns Football: A Slow Climb

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ Personally (can't exactly prove it) I think money games have cost the program tens of millions of dollars in community support over the years. _

I think the amount is grossly misrepresented even though the philosophy has merit. However, I can't possibly phathom how people don't see that we need the money games. That's like saying that moving down to FCS, thus increasing the likelihood that we win many more games would bring us in a lot more money through the community due to everyone wanting to support a winner. I seriously doubt it would. I would certainly like to see us limit the amount of money games we play on a yearly basis but I wouldn't say that they have cost us a ton of money.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5

Thread Information