Thread: Cajuns set for rematch with Georgia Southern

1. Default Cajuns set for rematch with Georgia Southern

UL — The Louisiana men's basketball team will its their three-game winning streak on the line Saturday against the Sun Belt Conference's top team in Georgia Southern.

The Eagles (20-6, 13-4) are tied with ULM at the top of the conference.

The rest of the story
    THE Advocate

2. Default Re: Cajuns set for rematch with Georgia Southern

Perhaps we're peaking at the right time

Default Re: Cajuns set for rematch with Georgia Southern

Tonight's game is huge. A Cajun win will give us a good hold on that 4 place spot and a bye till Friday. But it'll also knock G southern out of first. If Monroe finishes first then we would then have them on Saturday and the two Georgia's duke it out on the other side of the bracket. I feel it would be better to play Monroe on Saturday and not have to play them on national tv.

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

True. I would much rather get monroe at least once in the tourney than either of the two GA schools. I hope we show up tonight

Well, Monroe got drilled by 23 by App State who had lost six in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    Well, Monroe got drilled by 23 by App State who had lost six in a row.
    Still a three way tie though. Monroe has a slightly easier week ahead of them with two home games left. Ga. State still has to play at Monroe and then their finale at home against G. Southern. Meanwhile, G Southern has to overcome a late season injury. It'll be a fun week.

ULM is down to seven players and it looks like they're gassed. They lost 2/3 on that road swing. I think they'll have a devil of a time beating Georgia State, even at home.

8. Default Re: Cajuns set for rematch with Georgia Southern

ULM is down to seven players and it looks like they're gassed. They lost 2/3 on that road swing. I think they'll have a devil of a time beating Georgia State, even at home.
    Jay, even though we lost both to ULM, I think that as the #4 seed we match up much better with ULM and Ga. Southern, then we do vs Ga State. I would rather if Ga State would end up being the 2 or 3 seed, so that we would not have to face them until the finals. I don't like that match up at all. We showed we can beat Ga Southern, and now they are down a player and I think with the way ULM is hurt we match up well vs them. We just don't match up well vs Ga State. Without a miracle comeback in the 2 of the last 3 times we played (last years finals) and first game vs them this year they have overpowered us.

We need ULM and/or Georgia Southern to win the regular season championship.

No matter what, #CajunNation better be already planning to pack Lakefront in NOLA in a few weeks!!!!!

If we do end up as the #4 seed we will play Fri @ 5. So start making plans to leave work early now!!!!!!!

http://sunbeltsports.org/documents/2.ip_Bracket.pdf

#GeauxCajuns

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Jay, even though we lost both to ULM, I think that as the #4 seed we match up much better with ULM and Ga. Southern, then we do vs Ga State. I would rather if Ga State would end up being the 2 or 3 seed, so that we would not have to face them until the finals. I don't like that match up at all. We showed we can beat Ga Southern, and now they are down a player and I think with the way ULM is hurt we match up well vs them. We just don't match up well vs Ga State. Without a miracle comeback in the 2 of the last 3 times we played (last years finals) and first game vs them this year they have overpowered us.

We need ULM and/or Georgia Southern to win the regular season championship.
    Dave I don't disagree. I'm only talking about a scenario where we need the tiebreaker in order to get the bye.

I'm of the opinion if we lose the tiebreaker and UTA is fourth, it won't matter. I question whether this team can win four games in four days to win the title.

If it means getting the bye, I'll take my chances with Georgia State. But, if we don't need the tiebreaker, I'd rather face someone other than Georgia State.

Georgia State plays both ULM and Georgia Southern this week. If they win the championship they will have earned it.

Dave I don't disagree. I'm only talking about a scenario where we need the tiebreaker in order to get the bye.

I'm of the opinion if we lose the tiebreaker and UTA is fourth, it won't matter. I question whether this team can win four games in four days to win the title.

If it means getting the bye, I'll take my chances with Georgia State. But, if we don't need the tiebreaker, I'd rather face someone other than Georgia State.

Georgia State plays both ULM and Georgia Southern this week. If they win the championship they will have earned it.
    If the Cajuns keep playing defense the way they have the last three games, they may nail down the fourth spot on Thursday. In reality there is not much difference between third and fourth as you still have to play three games in three days. We did it last year and we do have more depth than most teams in the league. Regarding last night's game, it seemed to me that the Eagles focused on stopping Long inside and trying to have someone other than Register take the perimeter shot. That is why it was nice to see Wright hit a few from the outside. Even Stove got in on the three point scoring and Shepherd hit a big one late. Note, 6 of the top 7 guys were not playing last year at this time. 4 are new, Shepherd was injured, and Register was not a major factor. All 6 return next season. I hope for a strong finish here to go into next season with confidence as much as anything else. It would be nice to start a season with things going our way so as fans would get into it when conference play starts.

Seniors played a total of six minutes last night out of 200. (Rimmer-6). Brian Williams did not dress and Aaron Leblanc did not go into the game.

Seniors played a total of six minutes last night out of 200. (Rimmer-6). Brian Williams did not dress and Aaron Leblanc did not go into the game.
    Aaron didn't dress either actually

Reason I focused on six of the top seven guys being new contributors is I do not expect Long to return.

Thread Information