Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Parrott Blog: Bustle to return in 2010.

Seriously are we in a position to run off good players? Who cares if Desmo was here, open up the competition and let the best man win.

Quote Originally Posted by gorcajun View Post
    I think that Fourroux wanted to be a QB, we had Desormeaux. It is my understanding that there was very little negotiation. Either he was to sign as an "athlete" or nothing.

We, Ragin Cajun fans can thank Luther Ambrose for not coming here. He was the punt returner that misplayed the ball. Thank you GRANT FLEMING for recovering the fumble and sealing the VICTORY.
    igeaux.mobi

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Parrott Blog: Bustle to return in 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRaginCajun06 View Post
    _ This is the kind of post that ____es me off.
    What p__es me off is that all us good Cajun fans are at each other's throats because our university leadership are so lame.

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    _ Oh so sorry to ________ you off I surely don't want to run off the true die hard fans that logs onto a Cajun board to post all their gripes and complaints. Please feel free to air out all the dirty laundry you don't like about the university. Oh and please make sure to log in after every game to either b__ch or compliment the coach/university/players. We all want a front seat for that.

I bet Scott Farmer, David Walker and T-Joe are hitting refresh waiting for your response.

I don't 100% agree with the University's decision. They really don't give a rats $$$ what my opinion is. I love this city, university and team. I will renew my season tickets and buy more. I will continue to send my small donation in monthly to the RCAF and I will continue to support the University irregardless of what happens. But, if the sky ever quits falling what will you b___h about? _
    You know, in the late Stokely/Baldwin era Bustle, we'd have killed for a six win season.

I'm glad that we've finally progressed to the point where we all feel that six wins just isn't good enough.

4. UL Football Re: Parrott Blog: Bustle to return in 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun View Post
    _ You know, in the late Stokely/Baldwin era Bustle, we'd have killed for a six win season.

I'm glad that we've finally progressed to the point where we all feel that six wins just isn't good enough. _
    6 wins isn't good enough. During the era you mention 6 wins meant a winning season. In this era 6 wins has less meaning. OK that's the negative.

Here is the positive, if Bustle were in the old era he would have 3 winning seasons out of the last 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    Seriously are we in a position to run off good players? Who cares if Desmo was here, open up the competition and let the best man win.

igeaux.mobi
    I don't know much about that situation, but maybe they didn't want to use 2 scholarships at the same position when everyone agrees we need better guys at numerous positions???

6. Default Re: Parrott Blog: Bustle to return in 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    _ I don't know much about that situation, but maybe they didn't want to use 2 scholarships at the same position when everyone agrees we need better guys at numerous positions??? _
    That is a great point.

In this instance however if the QB spot were to be filled by open competition either of the guys could have filled multiple other spots on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    That is a great point.

In this instance however if the QB spot were to be filled by open competition either of the guys could have filled multiple other spots on the team.
    I definitely agree with you that both guys are more than capable of playing multiple decisions. But if both come here being signed as qb, I couldn't imagine one of those guys not getting upset after its all said and done. Des may have gotten upset that another qb was signed and they maybe doubted his potential or Derrick loses the battle and will probably not want to play another position. But that's water under the bridge, I don't think there was a wrong decision that could have been made IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by gorcajun View Post
    _ I think that Fourroux wanted to be a QB, we had Desormeaux. It is my understanding that there was very little negotiation. Either he was to sign as an "athlete" or nothing.

We, Ragin Cajun fans can thank Luther Ambrose for not coming here. He was the punt returner that misplayed the ball. Thank you GRANT FLEMING for recovering the fumble and sealing the VICTORY. _
    Seriously because Ambrose fumbled a punt in one game we should be grateful he didn't come here. What a dumb comment. You know Tebow threw an interception in the game against LSU. LSU fans must have been sitting there going, "Man I'm real glad he didn't decide to sign with us."

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by ragin91cajun View Post
    _ Seriously because Ambrose fumbled a punt in one game we should be grateful he didn't come here. What a dumb comment. You know Tebow threw an interception in the game against LSU. LSU fans must have been sitting there going, "Man I'm real glad he didn't decide to sign with us." _
    A fan's #1 rule when it comes to recruiting:

If they sign with the other team, we didn't want them anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    _ I don't care about what you think is classless. Grow some thicker skin. People who blindly follow the team no matter what they do aren't better fans. You can continue to accept mediocrity but I'm tired of it. _
    I believe at age 79 my skin is as thick as it will ever be. I really grew a thick hide during the Vietnam era. Being in the military one had to put up with name calling, being spat upon, etc. That does not mean that I have to continue to accept that sort of invective.

Obviously you do not care about being classless. Utilizing words like insane and stupid to describe others makes my point valid. And before you become too irate, I agree that everyone should be allowed to voice their assent or dissent about a situation. However, I maintain that it should be done with class and lack of name calling.

Think about it, please!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCharlie View Post
    _ I believe at age 79 my skin is as thick as it will ever be. I really grew a thick hide during the Vietnam era. Being in the military one had to put up with name calling, being spat upon, etc. That does not mean that I have to continue to accept that sort of invective.

Obviously you do not care about being classless. Utilizing words like insane and stupid to describe others makes my point valid. And before you become too irate, I agree that everyone should be allowed to voice their assent or dissent about a situation. However, I maintain that it should be done with class and lack of name calling.

Think about it, please!! _
    Well put Charlie!

Quote Originally Posted by geo_cajun View Post
    _ There is more to this university than sports, and more to life than winning in sports. I thought it was that distinction that made us different than other more corporate universities. We criticize LSU fair weather fans, most of whom never went to college, because they just want to cheer for a winner. Then we become who we deride?! I am just as dissapointed as the next guy, and I think we need a coaching change (in FB and BB). I agree with many of the sentiments of frustration, and even anger. In the past I have said and done rash things after athletic disappointments. However, the bigger picture is this: we do have a UNIVERSITY to be proud of. To completely give up on the university because of poor performance in athletics is to negate all of the positive academic achievements of the university, the great programs, professors and students. I understand that this is a forum for athletics, but it is like running a marathon, there is a lot of pain along the way, and the point is not to win, but to never give up. We must express our displeasure to the radio shows, the administration and the athletic programs, but we can't give up on our university! I know most everyone means well, and will cool off with time, but in the mean time, let's make sure we are who we want to be, a classy group of Ragin Cajuns. _
    You are beginning to make too much sense. I commend you for your views. I can accept them. Again, thank you!!

13. Default Re: Parrott Blog: Bustle to return in 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ Good analogy, I can't argue. _
    That is why the head of this Board is so great------T-Bine you are the man ---rational and logical!!!!

That picture of the athletic director, was that recent, a file photo, something that appeared on the thermal camera of "Ghost Hunters?"

I'm not sure which quote applies best:

"Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead"
    "These are times that try men's souls"
    "When the going gets tough, the tough get going"
    "Did we quit when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor"
    "Pick your poison"

I guess they are all true. UL has picked its poison and Bustle will return. To some, Pearl Harbor has been bombed again, while others say damn the decision, we are still going to the games. Remember, when you signed up to be a cajun fan, you knew that it will always be a tough and thankless job. Now is when the tough get going, the only question is where. It is surely not, Baton Rouge, Lake Charles or Ruston. My only choice, because it is a choice that I am willing to accept, is to stay true to the cajuns and support them at 3-9, 6-6 and yes, Virginia, even if Santa brings us a 7+ win season. Besides, not having to sit in a cramped stadium makes for a very comfortably watched game. I only wish they would not make the Dome so cold.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information