Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Parrott Blog: Bustle to return in 2010.

Default Re: Parrott Blog: Bustle to return in 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    _ Newsflash, the radio guys are pretty much employed by the university.

igeaux.mobi _
    No they aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun08 View Post
    _ Believe that if you want. I think it is a HORRIBLE strategy.

If I were a recruit, I would laugh in Bustle's face. As a matter of fact, I will send an email to a family friend who is exactly in the situation we are discussing. Her son received an offer letter to play football from UL a couple weeks ago. _
    Shame on you.

3. Default Re: Parrott Blog: Bustle to return in 2010.

The way our administration and some in our fan base embrace mediocrity alarms me. I also don't get this belief system that unless you buy season tickets and donate to RCAF then you can't complain. Don't you think if you if a casual fan walks up and buys a ticket and he sees a good prodcut he just might keep coming back and later buy season tickets? However, if he comes in, watches a game and the product on the field is subpar and he voices his opinion he should be shunned? Anyone who pays the price of admission has a right to an opinion. If you go to a restraunt and have a bad meal how would you feel if someone told you that you can't complain because you don't eat here often enough?

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    _ Its nice to see all the hardcore fans taking the high road. Hard to believe most of you think you are not one in the same with LSU fan. _

It doesn't make you a better fan to accept mediocrity, it makes you insane and/or gutless.

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    . it makes you insane and/or gutless. _
    EXCUSE ME!!This getting a bit too personal. I am neither insane/or gutless. In reality your statement reveals a true lack of class.

Think before your write, please!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCharlie View Post
    _
    Think before your write, please!! _
    Thank you Charlie. Good advice. I wish more would take it, but then what would they do with their time?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    _ No they aren't. _
    Let me rephrase that. The radio guys ride the party line and indirectly financially benefit from the university.

I know for a fact that we will never hear Jay or any of the guys call for a coach to be fired. Not because they fear retribution from the university, but that's not the way they run their shows. Jay never speculates about what might happen.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    _ That might be what coaches will say, but that is not the message recruits will hear. Recruits will hear the message our administration just told us. Come to the games, watch us get skull drug by Georgia, Ole Miss, Oklahoma State, then lose closely to Ohio, then finish 4-4 in conference, finish with a 4-8 record, hire the next coach we can pay a pathetic salary, then ride the pine when the new coach comes in with a new system.

igeaux.mobi _
    You are right on recruits aren't stupid they know the score. Turbine doesn't know what he is talking about. Is he related to Bustle or something??

9. Default Re: Parrott Blog: Bustle to return in 2010.

There is more to this university than sports, and more to life than winning in sports. I thought it was that distinction that made us different than other more corporate universities. We criticize LSU fair weather fans, most of whom never went to college, because they just want to cheer for a winner. Then we become who we deride?! I am just as dissapointed as the next guy, and I think we need a coaching change (in FB and BB). I agree with many of the sentiments of frustration, and even anger. In the past I have said and done rash things after athletic disappointments. However, the bigger picture is this: we do have a UNIVERSITY to be proud of. To completely give up on the university because of poor performance in athletics is to negate all of the positive academic achievements of the university, the great programs, professors and students. I understand that this is a forum for athletics, but it is like running a marathon, there is a lot of pain along the way, and the point is not to win, but to never give up. We must express our displeasure to the radio shows, the administration and the athletic programs, but we can't give up on our university! I know most everyone means well, and will cool off with time, but in the mean time, let's make sure we are who we want to be, a classy group of Ragin Cajuns.

Quote Originally Posted by racajun54 View Post
    _ You are right on recruits aren't stupid they know the score. Turbine doesn't know what he is talking about. Is he related to Bustle or something?? _
    I won't say anything bad about Turbine. He just tries to always spin everything into a positive once a decision is made. Anyone who thinks that what I said doesn't happen, it does. A friend of mine was recruited and signed with Dinardo at LSU. He redshirted after a knee injury in preseason, then Saban was hired after that year. He never stepped on the field in any meaningful action. He didn't fit into Saban's defensive system.

If you don't support the decision that this university has done you have options.

1. Don't renew season tickets
    2. Don't donate to RCAF
    3. Don't attend home games
    and the most important one
    4. Quit posting the crybaby drivel that you criticize other fans for. Logoff

12. Default Re: Parrott Blog: Bustle to return in 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    _ If you don't support the decision that this university has done you have options.

1. Don't renew season tickets
    2. Don't donate to RCAF
    3. Don't attend home games
    and the most important one
    4. Quit posting the crybaby drivel that you criticize other fans for. Logoff _
    I don't necessarily have an opinion either way on the Bustle retainment, but I can see why people are upset. 10+ plus years of losing will do that to you I would hardly call it "crybaby drivel". People have a right to be upset, and there are only so many outlets

Albert Einstein once said “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results”.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCharlie View Post
    _ EXCUSE ME!!This getting a bit too personal. I am neither insane/or gutless. In reality your statement reveals a true lack of class.

Think before your write, please!! _

I don't care about what you think is classless. Grow some thicker skin. People who blindly follow the team no matter what they do aren't better fans. You can continue to accept mediocrity but I'm tired of it.

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    I don't care about what you think is classless. Grow some thicker skin. People who blindly follow the team no matter what they do aren't better fans. You can continue to accept mediocrity but I'm tired of it.
    Well i hear Wal-Mart has some LSU gear on sale. You should check into that.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information