Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8

Thread: Parrott Blog: Bustle to return in 2010.

Default Re: Parrott Blog: Bustle to return in 2010.

Since I read Parrott's article, one part has bothered me even more than the fact that we aren't getting a coaching change. That is the extension that was mentioned. I don't think that has been earned at this point.

igeaux.mobi

2. Default Re: Parrott Blog: Bustle to return in 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    _ Since I read Parrott's article, one part has bothered me even more than the fact that we aren't getting a coaching change. That is the extension that was mentioned. I don't think that has been earned at this point.

igeaux.mobi _
    I'm not recommending 1 year contracts but J Kelly Hall did what he did with a series of 1 year contracts.

Kids will sign with a coach on the tail end of his contract for the same reason they sign with BCS schools they all think they can make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ I'm not recommending 1 year contracts but J Kelly Hall did what he did with a series of 1 year contracts.

Kids will sign with a coach on the tail end of his contract for the same reason they sign with BCS schools they all think they can make a difference. _
    I happen to know a couple of recruits who have decided to go with D1 (FCS) schools because of the 1yr situation.

4. Default Re: Parrott Blog: Bustle to return in 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by ram1fan View Post
    _ I happen to know a couple of recruits who have decided to go with D1 (FCS) schools because of the 1yr situation. _

I do too, ram1fan. Can't hide the facts.

5. Default Re: Parrott Blog: Bustle to return in 2010.

_ I happen to know a couple of recruits who have decided to go with D1 (FCS) schools because of the 1yr situation. _
    You are mentioning the norm I am saying a good recruiter can overcome (the 1 year arguement) and recruit the difference maker.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

If I acquire success it does not mean that in doing so I did the same as a thief. If I have a firm knowledge that there is a place for highly successful athletics at UL, and that it will absolutely without question help the future of the institution (in particular, showcasing academics), it does not mean that I am now emulating another particular university. I don't care if there are a bunch of rabid sports-only fans in our crowd. They do not define the crowd. and we can always, always manage the simple-minded people. Admission that we cannot. only defines us as the simple-minded.

Can we ever keep this discussion to UL. by the way? Some among us keep trying to flip this debate by comparing us to 3 public universities that are succeeding without athletic prowess (3 obscure outlyers. that is not how data supports rational. especially to authentic academically gifted people). then flipping again by comparing athletic prowess with universities that almost focus entirely on athletics. Of the top public universities in the US, 95% agree with the huge mission athletics has in their institutions. They also, by the way, attract and graduate some of the finest human beings on this planet.

As much as I love the Cajun wallflowers for sticking with the Cajuns through thick and thin. you folks need to just get back on the wall and watch. That is basically all you claim to want to do all of the time anyway. watch and hug. with no expectations. I know you also don't want anyone getting their feelings hurt in the process. Well, at the very least, you ought to understand the modern "tough love" concept. Even for fairy-types, it's become a new trend. So, try it out ever so often and stop being the one defined as the enabler of every good and bad behavior on the planet.

We have got to stop allowing the fairyland people and the lazy employees at UL from placing UL as the lamb simply garnishing itself for the lion's torture, mutilation and eventual slaughter. The concepts that I've attempted to explain regarding the importance of expanding/upgrading UL's athletic footprint to continuously match whatever academic aspirations a public university, in the state of Louisiana, attempts to build and maintain. is not near the edge of my intellectual capacity.

I feel like I'm describing the importance of your eyes versus the importance of your hands. It is not a debate. You are not lessening the need for your hands by placing greater emphasis on your eyes. or vice versa. And there are massive reasons that if someone is planning to remove your hands so that you cannot defend your eyes. you ought to act. and act loudly. This university has got to stop acting like 30,000 thriving alumni they never see or hear from are unimportant. Sometimes, the only way to get them to look into your eyes is to grab them with your hands! We need solid athletics, especially football, at UL! It will take being warriors. so if you don't have a lot of warrior spirit left in you, or never did have it. get out of the line of fire!

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    _ I can think of at least 1 each at each of those schools and I don't follow recruiting as close as others do.

I'll help the Boom out.

Phillip Livas plus the other 20 kids from South Louisiana - LTU
    Luther Ambrose plus the few South La kids - ULM
    Derrick Fourroux at MSU

Any of those would have been a difference maker here. _
    Livas, DT, and Sias from Dutchtown-Tech
    Luther Ambrose-ULM
    Fourroux, Wiltz and Butler

Quote Originally Posted by ragin91cajun View Post
    _ Guys that we have offered (according to Rivals) since 2007 that went to Tech:
    Phillip Livas- Yes
    Tarence Calais-Yes
    Mason Hitt-Yes
    Jonathan Leblanc-No
    Kiamni Washington-Yes
    Jimmie Crawford-No
    Christian Lacey-Yes
    Philip Longino-No
    Kevin Saia-Yes
    Vince Cano-No
    Kendrick James- No
    Rufus Porter (not sure if we offered but I think we at least had interest) No
    There are some guys on that list that I would have loved to have seen in a Cajun uniform. _
    Rivals have kids listed that never were offered.

I know of no kids the Cajuns have offered that have committed to FCS programs yet. I'm not saying it wouldn't happen, all of the ones I know have options with offers in the Bowl Division. Maybe one local athlete come to think of it.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I know of no kids the Cajuns have offered that have committed to FCS programs yet. I'm not saying it wouldn't happen, all of the ones I know have options with offers in the Bowl Division. Maybe one local athlete come to think of it.
    FCS they mean 1AA?

11. Default Re: Parrott Blog: Bustle to return in 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCharlie View Post
    _ I believe at age 79 my skin is as thick as it will ever be. I really grew a thick hide during the Vietnam era. Being in the military one had to put up with name calling, being spat upon, etc. That does not mean that I have to continue to accept that sort of invective.

Obviously you do not care about being classless. Utilizing words like insane and stupid to describe others makes my point valid. And before you become too irate, I agree that everyone should be allowed to voice their assent or dissent about a situation. However, I maintain that it should be done with class and lack of name calling.

Think about it, please!! _
    Hey CC didn't know that you were a Vet-----But God bless you and thank you so much for your service to our country!!!

12. Default Re: Parrott Blog: Bustle to return in 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    _ If I acquire success it does not mean that in doing so I did the same as a thief. If I have a firm knowledge that there is a place for highly successful athletics at UL, and that it will absolutely without question help the future of the institution (in particular, showcasing academics), it does not mean that I am now emulating another particular university. I don't care if there are a bunch of rabid sports-only fans in our crowd. They do not define the crowd. and we can always, always manage the simple-minded people. Admission that we cannot. only defines us as the simple-minded.

Can we ever keep this discussion to UL. by the way? Some among us keep trying to flip this debate by comparing us to 3 public universities that are succeeding without athletic prowess (3 obscure outlyers. that is not how data supports rational. especially to authentic academically gifted people). then flipping again by comparing athletic prowess with universities that almost focus entirely on athletics. Of the top public universities in the US, 95% agree with the huge mission athletics has in their institutions. They also, by the way, attract and graduate some of the finest human beings on this planet.

As much as I love the Cajun wallflowers for sticking with the Cajuns through thick and thin. you folks need to just get back on the wall and watch. That is basically all you claim to want to do all of the time anyway. watch and hug. with no expectations. I know you also don't want anyone getting their feelings hurt in the process. Well, at the very least, you ought to understand the modern "tough love" concept. Even for fairy-types, it's become a new trend. So, try it out ever so often and stop being the one defined as the enabler of every good and bad behavior on the planet.

We have got to stop allowing the fairyland people and the lazy employees at UL from placing UL as the lamb simply garnishing itself for the lion's torture, mutilation and eventual slaughter. The concepts that I've attempted to explain regarding the importance of expanding/upgrading UL's athletic footprint to continuously match whatever academic aspirations a public university, in the state of Louisiana, attempts to build and maintain. is not near the edge of my intellectual capacity.

I feel like I'm describing the importance of your eyes versus the importance of your hands. It is not a debate. You are not lessening the need for your hands by placing greater emphasis on your eyes. or vice versa. And there are massive reasons that if someone is planning to remove your hands so that you cannot defend your eyes. you ought to act. and act loudly. This university has got to stop acting like 30,000 thriving alumni they never see or hear from are unimportant. Sometimes, the only way to get them to look into your eyes is to grab them with your hands! We need solid athletics, especially football, at UL! It will take being warriors. so if you don't have a lot of warrior spirit left in you, or never did have it. get out of the line of fire! _
    Bravo!

13. Default Re: Parrott Blog: Bustle to return in 2010.

_ If I acquire success it does not mean that in doing so I did the same as a thief. If I have a firm knowledge that there is a place for highly successful athletics at UL, and that it will absolutely without question help the future of the institution (in particular, showcasing academics), it does not mean that I am now emulating another particular university. I don't care if there are a bunch of rabid sports-only fans in our crowd. They do not define the crowd. and we can always, always manage the simple-minded people. Admission that we cannot. only defines us as the simple-minded.

I feel like I'm describing the importance of your eyes versus the importance of your hands. It is not a debate. You are not lessening the need for your hands by placing greater emphasis on your eyes. or vice versa. And there are massive reasons that if someone is planning to remove your hands so that you cannot defend your eyes. you ought to act. and act loudly. This university has got to stop acting like 30,000 thriving alumni they never see or hear from are unimportant. Sometimes, the only way to get them to look into your eyes is to grab them with your hands! We need solid athletics, especially football, at UL! It will take being warriors. so if you don't have a lot of warrior spirit left in you, or never did have it. get out of the line of fire! _
    One of your finest posts.

Right On Friend!

I agree. Too bad NO ONE ELSE in UL "leadership" seems to get this.
    there was an article I sent to Authomont a few years ago published in USA Today by the Boise State President who claimed that he was milk toast regarding football when he got the job job (now 7 years ago), and spent little effort with it. By the time they went to the Fiesta (I think Fiesta), and gave it to OU, he had done a 180. Said donations from alumni were over 10 million (want to say $20M, cant recall). NOT just to sports but to ALL parts of the University. All because of Boise's football success.

The name of the article was "Why Football Matters"

We keep Bustle FOR ANOTHER YEAR. All I can say is, "BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO."

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8

Thread Information