Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread: Parrott Blog: Bustle to return in 2010.

Default Re: Parrott Blog: Bustle to return in 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunref View Post
    _ This is not news, did anyone realistically expect a different outcome. These guys don't seem to understand or just choose to ignore the fact we are losing more than value of his annual contract in dwindling support each year. But, hey I will be supporting my alma mater(and the RCAF) as I have been since 1966 next year and beyond. _
    I honestly did expect a different decision. I have supported this new administration and worked to make this program better. But today's gutless decision has left me stunned. I am not alone in this. For the past two days I have been talking to other supporters some of who help raise large sums of money annually. All of them believed a change would be made. None of them are happy with this decision.

How do you recruit players with them knowing that the coach will only be around for one year??????? You don't!!!! Not quality ones anyway!!!!!!!! SADDDDDDDD

3. Default Re: Parrott Blog: Bustle to return in 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by ram1fan View Post
    _ How do you recruit players with them knowing that the coach will only be around for one year??????? You don't!!!! Not quality ones anyway!!!!!!!! SADDDDDDDD _
    That is not the message. If he wins he will get a new contract.

You come play for me, you will start as a freshman and we will get over the hump THIS year. It's a good recruiting tool.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by ram1fan View Post
    How do you recruit players with them knowing that the coach will inly be around for one yera??????? You don't!!!! Not quality ones anyway!!!!!!!! SADDDDDDDD
    I would agree with this, but Bustle has proven that (with some exceptions) that he does not recruit highly talented, highly sought after kids. I guarantee you we will see very little drop-off recruiting wise this year.

I'm not saying I agree with the decision, but I don't think it will devastate out recruiting. Our fanbase? Possibly.
    igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    That is not the message. If he wins he will get a new contract.

You come play for me, you will start as a freshman and we will get over the hump THIS year. It's a good recruiting tool.
    That might be what coaches will say, but that is not the message recruits will hear. Recruits will hear the message our administration just told us. Come to the games, watch us get skull drug by Georgia, Ole Miss, Oklahoma State, then lose closely to Ohio, then finish 4-4 in conference, finish with a 4-8 record, hire the next coach we can pay a pathetic salary, then ride the pine when the new coach comes in with a new system.

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by J-Town Cajun View Post
    _ If we don't have such a crappy attendance and if more fans would give to the RCAF maybe we could afford to buy out Bustle's contract. This year we will be looking for 2 new head coaches in both basketball programs. We need new coaches in those sports more so than football. I just don't think we can afford 3 new coaches at the price it will take to get quality candidates. We must also look at facility improvements in many different areas and I have no idea where that money is coming from. On our budget we cannot afford to make a football coaching move this year. It would $200,000 to buyout Bustle's contract and we need to offer at least $300,000 for the next. That is $500,000 more money to come up with for next season. Next season is not a good season for a new coach to step into a very tough schedule and get started on a bad foot. It may kill momentum of a new coach. _
    agreed.if we get a new guy in he's already looking at 5 losses.OK State, Ole Miss, Georgia, Troy and Ohio is a toss up. why fire a guy that went 6-6 and hire a new guy to go 3-9 his first year?

let Bustle go 3-9 and fire him next year and have a better shot at a winning record in 2011, that way you dont have to buy him out and you have more time to start looking at canidates for 2011 during the season next year.

let the athletic department worry about looking for 2 new basketball coaches during the spring and summer!!

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by champgolfpro View Post
    _ agreed.if we get a new guy in he's already looking at 5 losses.OK State, Ole Miss, Georgia, Troy and Ohio is a toss up. why fire a guy that went 6-6 and hire a new guy to go 3-9 his first year?

let Bustle go 3-9 and fire him next year and have a better shot at a winning record in 2011, that way you dont have to buy him out and you have more time to start looking at canidates for 2011 during the season next year.

let the athletic department worry about looking for 2 new basketball coaches during the spring and summer!! _
    You're kidding me, right?

_ That is not the message. If he wins he will get a new contract.

You come play for me, you will start as a freshman and we will get over the hump THIS year. It's a good recruiting tool. _
    Believe that if you want. I think it is a HORRIBLE strategy.

If I were a recruit, I would laugh in Bustle's face. As a matter of fact, I will send an email to a family friend who is exactly in the situation we are discussing. Her son received an offer letter to play football from UL a couple weeks ago.

9. Default Re: Parrott Blog: Bustle to return in 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun08 View Post
    _ Believe that if you want. I think it is a HORRIBLE strategy.

If I were a recruit, I would laugh in Bustle's face. As a matter of fact, I will send an email to a family friend who is exactly in the situation we are discussing. Her son received an offer letter to play football from UL a couple weeks ago. _
    Sabotage
    Tell him to sign with Bustle, red shirt, and have 4 years with the new UL coach.

_ Sabotage
    Tell him to sign with Bustle, red shirt, and have 4 years with the new UL coach. _
    That is exactly the problem. Kids will not want to come here if they do not know who they will be playing for. I know I would not if I were a recruit.

_ Sabotage
    Tell him to sign with Bustle, red shirt, and have 4 years with the new UL coach. _
    Turbine, I agree with at least 90% of your posts but not this one. (You might call me a "big fan"! I remember many years ago hearing you say that to Jimmy and Kevin!), I love UL, always have, and always will, but if I had a son that could sign I would tell him NOT TO GO TO UL.

Signing with Bustle and taking a redshirt is like walking into a totally dark room and being told that there might be a big pile of money in the center and you can't turn on the lights until next year. What happens if the new coach is worse than Bustle and you have signed on with the Cajuns? When you turn on the lights after a year you find out that the pile of paper in the middle of the room is nothing but blank paper. You have nothing and you have wasted a year.

12. Default Re: Parrott Blog: Bustle to return in 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiredof theBS View Post
    _ Turbine, I agree with at least 90% of your posts but not this one. (You might call me a "big fan"! I remember many years ago hearing you say that to Jimmy and Kevin!), I love UL, always have, and always will, but if I had a son that could sign I would tell him NOT TO GO TO UL.

Signing with Bustle and taking a redshirt is like walking into a totally dark room and being told that there might be a big pile of money in the center and you can't turn on the lights until next year. What happens if the new coach is worse than Bustle and you have signed on with the Cajuns? When you turn on the lights after a year you find out that the pile of paper in the middle of the room is nothing but blank paper. You have nothing and you have wasted a year. _
    Good analogy, I can't argue.

There will be no substantial progress on the athletic front until the acceptance of mediocrity, as enunciated by the local media, ends. I am exhausted by the the local media apologists constantly explaining to us why .500 records and the like are "just like 10-2 for a BCS school", as one of the radio guys did this morning. Yeah, I get the money game math, but it isn't those games that frustrate everyone. It's the inability to compete in the conference with consistant success. The local sports guys seem to be much more concerned with being pals to the coaches than with their responsibilities as journalists.

Newsflash, the radio guys are pretty much employed by the university.

igeaux.mobi

15. Default Re: Parrott Blog: Bustle to return in 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunZ1 View Post
    _

What bowl would choose UL over UCLA? It would have to be located in Erath or something. _
    Hey--watch it dude--there is a push for a bowl in Henry next year!!!!! LOL

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread Information