Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread: Parrott Blog: Bustle to return in 2010.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Parrott Blog: Bustle to return in 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Town Cajun View Post
    _ If we don't have such a crappy attendance and if more fans would give to the RCAF maybe we could afford to buy out Bustle's contract. This year we will be looking for 2 new head coaches in both basketball programs. We need new coaches in those sports more so than football. I just don't think we can afford 3 new coaches at the price it will take to get quality candidates. We must also look at facility improvements in many different areas and I have no idea where that money is coming from. On our budget we cannot afford to make a football coaching move this year. It would $200,000 to buyout Bustle's contract and we need to offer at least $300,000 for the next. That is $500,000 more money to come up with for next season. Next season is not a good season for a new coach to step into a very tough schedule and get started on a bad foot. It may kill momentum of a new coach. _
    That's an excuse. The money is there. Even the administration says that money is not the issue. And we need 500,000-700,000 to get the kind of coach we need to light a fire here. We have that, too.

Default Re: Parrott Blog: Bustle to return in 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Town Cajun View Post
    _ If we don't have such a crappy attendance and if more fans would give to the RCAF maybe we could afford to buy out Bustle's contract.
    Don't blame this situation on the fans. You have diehards who will go to the games and donate money no matter what, but you can't expect the large masses to attend games and support a team that is mediocre at BEST (sorry if that offends anyone).

UL Football Re: Parrott Blog: Bustle to return in 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
    _ Sources have told the Daily Advertiser that UL football coach Rickey Bustle will return for the final year of his current contract

Posted via http://igeaux.mobi _
    The F in RCAF must stand for flop, because that's all it's going to do! Just can't see how they are going to raise money with this same old, same old attitude. Another program suffers!!!!

GEAUX CAJUNS!!!!

OK so we keep Bustle for a lame duck year where he is set up to fail? Nice!

And of course no press conference where our phantom AD would have to answer questions.

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    _ OK so we keep Bustle for a lame duck year where he is set up to fail? Nice!

And of course no press conference where our phantom AD would have to answer questions.

igeaux.mobi _
    I heard that the AD was scared to have a press conference because of the hard hitting, tough questions that Jay would have asked

This is not news, did anyone realistically expect a different outcome. These guys don't seem to understand or just choose to ignore the fact we are losing more than value of his annual contract in dwindling support each year. But, hey I will be supporting my alma mater(and the RCAF) as I have been since 1966 next year and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
    _ Sources have told the Daily Advertiser that UL football coach Rickey Bustle will return for the final year of his current contract.

Check out my blog later for more on this news.

Posted via http://igeaux.mobi _

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    _ That's an excuse. The money is there. Even the administration says that money is not the issue. And we need 500,000-700,000 to get the kind of coach we need to light a fire here. We have that, too. _
    If the money is there than I do not agree with the decision, and again if the money is there could you give me the reason administration kept Bustle. You can't just say they have no balls. I would like a real answer.

If we really have that kind of money and not spending it on a new coach we need to reinvest the money into tangible things such as facility improvements (suites at the stadium, academic center for students-athletes, or athletic dorms near the athletic complex).

We must remember a new coach does not guarantee the UL program or any program success. Look at Notre Dame. From an x and o stand point i do not think bustle is a bad coach. What he did with the lack of talent at WR and RB this season was pretty good in my opinion. The defense underachieved in my opinion buy has gotten better the last few seasons. The reason we are not winning more games is because a lack of talent not coaching. We must recruit better and this it not just the coaches responsibility but also the fans. We as fans can help change the perception of the program, support the program with attendance, and donate money. Winning is the answer to all but I am not sure a new coach will win anymore games next season. So the real question is do we invest in facility upgrades or a new coach. Facility upgrades is a safer investment.

All that I have said I will say that I was in favor of a new coach to change the perception of the program more than anything because a better perception means better recruiting, better attendance, and bigger donations. I was just trying to justify why UL choose to keep Bustle.

I have some really mixed emotions about this situation. I am not really disappointed that Coach Bustle has been retained, but I would not have been disappointed had the administration decided to make a change. I predicted a 6 - 6 record for this team prior to the start of the season. However, after the KSU game, I was confident that 7 wins was on the horizon. Obviously I was wrong!

As I look at next years schedule, I don't think we can expect many (if any) non-conference wins. Therefore, I think it is very clear that Coach Bustle will have to bring home a Conference Championship and a trip to the New Orleans Bowl next season, or we will certainly be looking for a new coach at this time next year.

I would like to offer my best wishes to Coach Bustle during this upcoming recruiting period and offseason, because his future here at UL will certainly depend on it!

Quote Originally Posted by cajunref View Post
    _ This is not news, did anyone realistically expect a different outcome. These guys don't seem to understand or just choose to ignore the fact we are losing more than value of his annual contract in dwindling support each year. But, hey I will be supporting my alma mater(and the RCAF) as I have been since 1966 next year and beyond. _
    12 thousand and change for a game with perfect weather against the best team in the conference that would have put us in a bowl game for the first time in forever. If this administration did not get the message that the fans are unhappy, I guess they never will, but like you, I will be back next year. I love the pain.

ul is bullcrap and we aren't serious about big time athletics. Why should i continue to give a crap? Let's all stop pretending we want to have something special here.

igeaux.mobi

What is going to hurt most is Bustle only has 1 year left on his contract and this makes recruiting very tough this year and next!

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    _ ul is bullcrap and we aren't serious about big time athletics. Why should i continue to give a crap? Let's all stop pretending we want to have something special here.
    igeaux.mobi _
    Sounds like you already have? However, some of us have too many years invested in this University to just give up like some of you want to.

I thought that this might be the case due to the fact that we will be hiring 2 new basketball coaches after this season.

However, this will only make sense if we use this opportunity to make a headline grabbing pick with our next basketball coach, and I mean a spectacular, jaw dropping, get fired up pick along the lines of Tim Floyd.

If the next basketball coach is someone you've never heard of, then nothing has changed and Doc S would be the reincarnation of Doc A.

and I would be withdrawing from RCAF as well.

I'm tired of 6-6 being okay. I'm tired of bad coaches. I'm tired of an athletic program that doesn't reward it's diehard fans. I'm tired of sending emails to the athletic dept. and not getting any response. I'm tired of media folks telling me that 6-6 is the best we can expect. WHY? why should we settle for 6-6? Why should we settle for 10-20? Why can't we expect to win here. I tell you what, I don't like LSU athletics but I do respect that they do what it takes to win. (and I know it's totally different animals but it's the same principle.) 6-6 is not the same thing as going 8-4 in SEC. I'm tired of the apethy. "But we have a tough schedule coming next season"! So. When we go 4-8 that is a better time to make the switch? I just don't get it. Take a look at the stands at a basketball game and you will get a preview for football next season.

UL Football Re: Parrott Blog: Bustle to return in 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I have some really mixed emotions about this situation. I am not really disappointed that Coach Bustle has been retained, but I would not have been disappointed had the administration decided to make a change. I predicted a 6 - 6 record for this team prior to the start of the season. However, after the KSU game, I was confident that 7 wins was on the horizon. Obviously I was wrong!
    All I will say is that I agree with this 100%. No other comments.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread Information