Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Parrott Blog: Bustle to return in 2010.

Default Parrott Blog: Bustle to return in 2010.

Sources have told the Daily Advertiser that UL football coach Rickey Bustle will return for the final year of his current contract.

Check out my blog later for more on this news.

Posted via Mobile Device

Default Re: Parrott Blog: Bustle to return in 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
    Sources have told the Daily Advertiser that UL football coach Rickey Bustle will return for the final year of his current contract.

Check out my blog later for more on this news.

Posted via http://igeaux.mobi
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

/dies slow painful death inside

According to some, Notre Dame choosing to not play in a bowl game would leave us and UCLA to fulfill the last bowl slot. If we fire Bustle that may hurt our chances. One other thing to add. If you look at the last 4 games this season Ark St., MT, ULM, and Troy we played 12 out of 16 good quarters and went 2-2 against the best of the SBC this year.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by J-Town Cajun View Post
    _ According to some, Notre Dame choosing to not play in a bowl game would leave us and UCLA to fulfill the last bowl slot. If we fire Bustle that may hurt our chances. One other thing to add. If you look at the last 4 games this season Ark St., MT, ULM, and Troy we played 12 out of 16 good quarters and went 2-2 against the best of the SBC this year. _
    Stop. Please.

_ According to some, Notre Dame choosing to not play in a bowl game would leave us and UCLA to fulfill the last bowl slot. If we fire Bustle that may hurt our chances. One other thing to add. If you look at the last 4 games this season Ark St., MT, ULM, and Troy we played 12 out of 16 good quarters and went 2-2 against the best of the SBC this year. _
    We also went 2-2 against the worst of the SBC this year.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux View Post
    _ Stop. Please. _

What bowl would choose UL over UCLA? It would have to be located in Erath or something.

If we retained Bustle for a chance to be in a bowl game this athletic department needs to taken out back and pistol whipped! I feel like I just got punched in the gut, I want to puke. Again we have a coach who should be fired and we retain him.

igeaux.mobi

What best of the sunbelt? We beat ULM (6-6), Ark St. (3-8), WKU (0-11), and UNT (2-10). Dude please tell me you're joking. We beat the worst three teams in the Sunbelt and lost to the fourth lowest.

I am done, this is my nail in the coffin.

I'm not supporting mediocrity, and thats all your going to get with Ricky Bustle. This is about dollars and cents, bottom line.

I can't cheer for LSU but, I'm just not going to cheer.

According to some, Notre Dame choosing to not play in a bowl game would leave us and UCLA to fulfill the last bowl slot. If we fire Bustle that may hurt our chances. One other thing to add. If you look at the last 4 games this season Ark St., MT, ULM, and Troy we played 12 out of 16 good quarters and went 2-2 against the best of the SBC this year.
    Just stop. Everyone just stop with the justifications. 2-2 against the "best of the Sun Belt" is like -- BAH, I can't even think of an analogy that properly conveys my rage, anguish, and sadness. "12 out of 16 good quarters" - what the hell are we talking about here?! Did we freaking improve on last year or not? Did we win those games? No! So, moving on

We're not going to a bowl game, and we have officially started the slide back into the bottom half of this conference.

But please, everyone should continue arguing over attendance numbers, the proper use of our name, the band, the color of the walls at Cajun Field, ULM, LSU stealing our women and babies, and which pile of turds smells better.

God this University makes me sick.

Is anyone really suprised. These are the same people that found reasons to keep Robert Lee!

I don't dislike either man, in fact respect both of them for many reasons but it is past time for change in both programs.

I will always be a Cajun fan but my support. FIRE. is out until the administration decides to do something to create a spark! In these crazy economic times I can not justify investing $ in a athletic program that continues to prove that it will not make the hard decisions to at least attempt to strive for better.

Can't believe i'm saying this but congrats to ULM for at least having the pride to strive for better. It may fail but at least their administration is making an effort for better.

Take care guy's!

12. Default Re: Parrott Blog: Bustle to return in 2010.

I have stated several times I would keep him at 6-6 but I wish they would shush with the Baldwin comparisons. The 5-5 logic is terrible.

So how many assistants will be fired? That's what happened the last time Bustle went 6-5 only to fall to 6-6. What makes this year different?

I hate that there was no press conference.

igeaux.mobi

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

I hate that there was no press conference.
    Our invisible AD.

14. NCAA Re: Parrott Blog: Bustle to return in 2010.

http://www.footballcoachscoop.com/Scoop.html

Looks like the Warhawks are gonna try to go with a "name brand" coach this time around.

If we don't have such a crappy attendance and if more fans would give to the RCAF maybe we could afford to buy out Bustle's contract. This year we will be looking for 2 new head coaches in both basketball programs. We need new coaches in those sports more so than football. I just don't think we can afford 3 new coaches at the price it will take to get quality candidates. We must also look at facility improvements in many different areas and I have no idea where that money is coming from. On our budget we cannot afford to make a football coaching move this year. It would $200,000 to buyout Bustle's contract and we need to offer at least $300,000 for the next. That is $500,000 more to come up with for next season. Next season is not a good season for a new coach to step into as UL will have a very tough schedule and a new coach may get off to a bad start, this will kill the momentum of a new coach.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information