Lafayette, LA - The Louisiana IceGators' Owner Danny Smith announced today that Brent Sapergia will no longer be the General Manager and Director of Hockey operations effective immediately. This move comes as the team is on a five game road trip and is struggling to find its identity. The team currently sits only four points out of the playoff chase with over three quarters of the season left.

"A great deal of hard work has been done to bring hockey back to Lafayette and Brent deserves much of the credit," states Smith. "However at this time, this organization as it stands does not represent a typical operation that I would like to call my own. There is plenty of hockey left to be played, but I felt that this decision was necessary to gain some traction both as a hockey team and as an organization. This community embraces this team and they deserve a better product and a better effort from our front office."

Smith will become the General Manager for the indefinite future. "I believe this is a great hockey market. I have seen fan support that is truly humbling. Our players have played hard, but that has not translated into wins. It is my job to put everyone involved, from players to staff, in the best position to be successful. From this point forward, every person within the organization starting with myself will be held accountable for their performances."

Head coach John Gibson's effort to right the ship will continue this weekend as the team travels to Huntsville, Al, Knoxville, TN, and Pensacola, FL for a difficult three games in three days. The team may be without one of their leading scorers as Danny "Scooter" Smith awaits word on his suspension stemming from an on ice incident last weekend in Columbus, GA.

The IceGators are planning a big weekend December 4th and 5th as the Mississippi Surge come to town for two big games as the team begins their climb in the standings.