Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Chris Masson

Default Re: Chris Masson

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    _ We're going to need more wrinkles than Cloris Leechman after a three hour soak in a tub._
    You leave Frau Blücher out of this.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    _ One of my favorite Cajun Field memories is 1993, UL vs Memphis, Jake's a freshman, a skinny kid, not the NFL player he would become. We're 3rd & goal, I think UM had held us out once before. So it's do or die.

We're all sitting there, wondering what the Cajuns will call. And here comes Ichabod Crane, all knees & elbows, running right up the middle.

Stunned everybody, not least of all, UM.

UL won 17-15. _
    One of the years we played Tulane in the Dome with Jake at QB, it was one of the most comical QB keepers ever. We were on like the 4yd line and Tulane loaded the box. Jake looked over the defense, barked out an audible, pointing at every player on the Tulane side. he turns around and fakes the hand-off (naked bootleg) starts to jog away from the play. then practically walks toward the pylon, glancing back at a totally fooled Tulane defense, without anyone on the Tulane defense even noticing until the TD signal goes up. A huge pile at the goal line and Jake just walked into the endzone and tossed the ball to an official. It was the biggest fake I'd seen up to that point in college ball.

Not only do I think Chris has an open end around at his disposal on that fake handoff, he seems to have the wheels to run a playaction bootleg on that run. He could pull coverage with it and likely toss to an open receiver. I just don't understand why he's running uncovered so many times. and doesn't ever have the ball.

He has to do it early against Troy to keep that defense spread out. We cannot leave anything on the field for regrets.

Quote Originally Posted by foofoochaisson View Post
    _ Oh my god dude. Chris Masson is the definition of a one read Quarterback. Before the win saturday, the majority of the board brought this up every week! He has progressed, but he's still got a long way to go And weren't you the one belly-aching for Blaine Gautier in the offseason?! I have no bias because i said that i thought Masson would be the best choice. And maybe he is. But he still has issues. Again, serviceable; not great.
    igeaux.mobi _

And the point I'm making DUDE, is that the coaches have mentioned quite often that many of those handoffs to the back were planned rather than zone reads. They also noted that the opposite DE that the QB reads would always stay out to make sure the QB did not keep the ball. We are in a one read offense when it comes to the running game so the defense has something to say on who keeps the ball.

However, you were referring to the passing game when you spoke of him being a one read QB and I don't think he is at all. So which is it? I'm not saying he's an all-star, but rather, a productive QB that has not been helped by a poor running scheme and dropped passes by his WR's. I have no bias as well. Yes, I did believe Gautier would be the starter and guess what, he will be in the future. However, Masson has impressed me with his ability to produce given his lack of experience. I do not think that Masson is a great option QB but I've also called for more playaction and possible pro formations the entire year rather than the stupid zone read.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information