Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana vs Stony brook

Default Re: Louisiana vs Stony brook

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I think this is a good team now.
    Exactly. I see no reason to sell these guys short. They looked good tonight. A few miscues in the field. But we were putting the bat on the ball early and often… nothing was falling for base hits early, but we worked the starting pitcher enough to come through when we needed to.

I liked what I saw.

By the way…. BEAUTIFUL throw from Joe Robbins in CF to cut down the runner at the plate early in the game. That was a clutch 3rd out.

Can't wait to watch some more baseball tomorrow. GEAUX CAJUNS!

It is a nice day to be LOUISIANA RAGIN CAJUNS!

3. Default Re: Louisiana vs Stony brook

A lot to like early. Agreed about putting bat on ball. We faced a very capable Friday night starter tonight, and could have easily put 4-5 runs on the board. Stony was forrunate to only allow 2 with starter in. Talked to Stef after the game. Big fan. BT had a poor game for his standards, but that won't happen often. Greg and Shug both looked rock solid. Robbins continues to show his value with great defense in the outfield.

This team can be very good if the staff grows up quickly. Thought Evan battled tonight. Don't see why he can't be an excellent pitcher for us going forward.

It was very nice to see the same hitting philosophy from last year continue into this year with Talbot. I definitely see why it was so important to bring him in and replace Deggs, since they both created that philosophy together.

Overall, this team is showing some promise right now. Like others have said, if the pitching comes around more consistently toward the middle of the season; watch out. We will be a team to reckon with. Winning this series and giving a good showing next week against Alabama will be key moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    It was very nice to see the same hitting philosophy from last year continue into this year with Talbot. I definitely see why it was so important to bring him in and replace Deggs, since they both created that philosophy together.

Overall, this team is showing some promise right now. Like others have said, if the pitching comes around more consistently toward the middle of the season; watch out. We will be a team to reckon with. Winning this series and giving a good showing next week against Alabama will be key moving forward.
    It does seem like this team is progressing faster than most thought, especially offensively.

I think we have a reasonable shot to win the conference if the pitching is even remotely consistent.

I'm just going to live in the moment. Right now I'm happy and very optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    How was the crowd?

I had to work but 5 of my 6 tix got used.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun10 View Post
    Exactly. I see no reason to sell these guys short. They looked good tonight. A few miscues in the field. But we were putting the bat on the ball early and often… nothing was falling for base hits early, but we worked the starting pitcher enough to come through when we needed to.

I liked what I saw.

By the way…. BEAUTIFUL throw from Joe Robbins in CF to cut down the runner at the plate early in the game. That was a clutch 3rd out.

Can't wait to watch some more baseball tomorrow. GEAUX CAJUNS!
    Yea that throw by Robbins was very Seth Harrison like. GREAT throw to change the momentum of the game.

Cannot wait to get out to the Tigue today

9. UL Baseball Re: Louisiana vs Stony brook

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    The Stony Brook starter was very good. Getting him gone was key. The Cajuns look good.
    Well if he was so good we should have not run him so quick. I guess the Cajun bats were better last night. LOL

Reminder today's game at 2:00 will air on MyKLAF in Lafayette and ESPN3 elsewhere in beautiful SD/non-HD.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    Reminder today's game at 2:00 will air on MyKLAF in Lafayette and ESPN3 elsewhere in beautiful SD/non-HD.
    Nice! Thanks

12. Default Re: Louisiana vs Stony brook

Thanks Dre.

I thought the kid they threw last night was talented. We knocked the ball all over the yard, but right at ppl, however. I think the lineup was up for the task rather than Stony Brook pitcher not being as good as advertised. Leftys that touch 90 are typically elite college pitchers.

Everything on the scouting report said the kid was really good. Kudos to our hitters.

This team will hit (though not with the power of last year). This team will score runs. This team has proven they have a few pitchers that are ready.

The key will be the depth of the staff. We need to have ten or so guys we can put into the game in any situation and not have to hold our breath. I think we've got about five right now. If the other five are found, this will be a club that has a chance.

Jay, who are the five pitchers that you feel confident in at this point?

Id rather hear yours :-)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information