Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: You guys that are good in Math.

Default You guys that are good in Math.

So if we beat Troy what does this mean? Could we all actually be going to a bowl game?

2. Default Re: You guys that are good in Math.

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    _ So if we beat Troy what does this mean? Could we all actually be going to a bowl game? _
    Except for contracts, currently bowls have to take 7 win teams over 6 win teams. While there are currently more teams eligible than bowls there are not more 7 win teams than bowls.

I don't know what the max possiblity of 7 win teams happing is but I would say "yes" with a win over Troy UL and fans could actually be going to a bowl game!

ps Some Big 10 schools are fighting to get the rule changed but I don't think it will happen in time for this season.

Default Re: You guys that are good in Math.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ Except for contracts, currently bowls have to take 7 win teams over 6 win teams. While there are currently more teams eligible than bowls there are not more 7 win teams than bowls.

I don't know what the max possiblity of 7 win teams happing is but I would say "yes" with a win over Troy UL and fans could actually be going to a bowl game!

ps Some Big 10 schools are fighting to get the rule changed but I don't think it will happen in time for this season. _
    Wow! That would be an awesome for the Cajun Nation. I do believe we can beat Troy in our house.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: You guys that are good in Math.

_ Wow! That would be an awesome for the Cajun Nation. I do believe we can beat Troy in our house. _
    Particularly since Troy is in a position where they could actually rest at least some of their starters against us because they've already won the Conference. At worst, Troy and MT would finish in a tie with identical 7-1 Conference records and Troy would win out because they beat MT earlier in the season.

Troy is not going to rest starters.this isnt pro football. They will will have a month of rrst after this game. They have a lot to play for, for example the best record ever in the sunbelt.

igeaux.mobi

6. Default Re: You guys that are good in Math.

Agreed, Troy is comming to win a football game, they will not be resting. They are playing for an undefeated conference record. The cajuns will need their best performance on the year to get this one. The crowd will have to be strong, I hope they show up.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginRob View Post
    _ Agreed, Troy is comming to win a football game, they will not be resting. They are playing for an undefeated conference record. The cajuns will need their best performance on the year to get this one. The crowd will have to be strong, I hope they show up. _
    We beat K-State we can beat Troy!

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    _ Troy is not going to rest starters.this isnt pro football. They will will have a month of rrst after this game. They have a lot to play for, for example the best record ever in the sunbelt.

igeaux.mobi _
    Still not sure, it may be a good opportunity to give some of their underclassmen a chance to play in live action. Why let guys like Levi Brown, Baer Woods, and Boris Lee play when they have a chance to let young guys play and get real action in a real game. You can say they are playing for something, but they really aren't, hell the bowl scenario is better for them if UL were to win so they could easily opt out of New Orleans and send us in their place, if we're not available the NO bowl will likely force them to honor their contract. I'm not saying they will or they won't, but I see a lot of good reasons why they may rest some guys for this game.

I have never seen a college team rest players and i am willing to bet they wont this time.
    igeaux.mobi

We need Duke, Kansas, and UCONN to lose. Those are the last 3 BCS teams yet to be bowl eligible. Any more BCS teams eligible could cause problems. GMAC Bowl, St Petersburg Bowl, and maybe Indy bowl could have open slots for us.

Also, K state will not go to a bowl game, they maybe 6-6 but two wins came from 1AA opponents. We made Kstate stay home!

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    _ We need Duke, Kansas, and UCONN to lose. Those are the last 3 BCS teams yet to be bowl eligible. Any more BCS teams eligible could cause problems. GMAC Bowl, St Petersburg Bowl, and maybe Indy bowl could have open slots for us. _
    Indy Bowl has their slots filled, so count that one out.

Also is we win Saturday, what will that mean for us and Middle Tenn? Will the NO Bowl have to pick Middle over us if Troy goes elsewhere since they have more wins and beat us?

don't forget the little caesars pizza bowl and the gmac bowl i think each have at least one slot open and i think the gmac has 2 at the present moment. now we play the "if" game. if we win this weekend and if the bowl slots stay the way they are now, i have a feeling that mtsu gets a bid from the caesars bowl up in detroit, troy gets a bid to go to the gmac in mobile, and we get the bid to the NOLA bowl. just my thoughts on all the ifs that are in place this weekend.

All this talk is useless. When/if we beat Troy, then you can begin to look at what happens with bowl openings. Until then, you're setting yourselves up for a huge let down.

I would rather we all talk about how we are going to beat a really good Troy team this Saturday than get caught up in bowl talk.

BEAT TROY!

_ So if we beat Troy what does this mean? Could we all actually be going to a bowl game? _

Actually, it is somewhat speculated that if we beat Troy, they will still win conference but may be getting an invite to not only the N.O. Bowl but the GMAC bowl or possibly the papajohns.com bowl. Either way, if they were to take one of those because it is closer to their home, we seem like the frontrunners to get an invite to the N.O. bowl but that would be pure speculation and a very big IF because we have to beat Troy to see it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information