Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Cajundome upgrades

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Cajundome upgrades

Cajundome renovations, including the addition of lower-level seating, will be funded through the sale of bonds, which was authorized by the State Bond Commission Thursday.

http://goo.gl/1VrF7T

Default Re: Cajundome upgrades

Nice!

I wish they would build more suites into the plan. Those puppies make money. That's the new wave, corporate suites sales.

Also, UL does not need a 12k seat arena for Sunbelt Conference level basketball. I hope they make it more intimate for basketball. Block off the top section and pull everyone close to the floor. 8k would be perfect.

3. Default Re: Cajundome upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    Nice!

I wish they would build more suites into the plan. Those puppies make money. That's the new wave, corporate suites sales.

Also, UL does not need a 12k seat arena for Sunbelt Conference level basketball. I hope they make it more intimate for basketball. Block off the top section and pull everyone close to the floor. 8k would be perfect.
    ---there was suppose to be a fabulous stadium club but I think there was a cost overrun!!!

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Seriously Boomer? It seemed like this was a bit less than what had been talked about before.

5. Default Re: Cajundome upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    Seriously Boomer? It seemed like this was a bit less than what had been talked about before.
    ---I guess when you get over the $20Million number it gets a little tight!!!

Nice!

Sun Belt Level, Sun Belt Level.......

Nice!

i like the idea of more intimate crowd and closing off 3rd level unless needed...3rd level should only be opened if 1st and 2nd level is full, IMO. forcing fans to sit lower would create better sports atmosphere with noise and make crowd look full without spreading so thin at top levels with crowds consistently less than 5k. but...i dont think thats gonna happen

Except if you're one of those sitting in the third level. The second level sideline tickets are about $100 more per seat than the third level. The option for equivalent pricing in the second level is past the end lines of the court, which has a very different view of the game. There are a number of older season ticket holder who have been on the third level for years (30+ in some cases) so you'd probably have an issue convincing them to move. JMO

I wonder if reducing the prices for the second level would pay for itself if attendance increased. Or you could pull a Cox Cable and offer a reduced price to switch to the second level for the first two years.

That's easy. Offer an opportunity to pick their second level seats or after a certain date it those tickets will be assigned seats. That's how the big time programs do it

UL Basketball Re: Cajundome upgrades

Nice!

The whole first level is being replaced and the ends will now be telescopic also, making a complete first level circle around the basketball court. That will increase crowd noise around the court!

Cajun Dome, prices have become ridiculous! If I am going to pay $4.50 for a coke, then I want a souvenir cup or a UL cup, not some Styrofoam cup!

13. Default Re: Cajundome upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    Cajun Dome, prices have become ridiculous! If I am going to pay $4.50 for a coke, then I want a souvenir cup or a UL cup, not some Styrofoam cup!
    -----Well thanks for pointing out one of my complaints--So I go to the Baseball game and I pay my $5 bucks for my plastic UL cup that I can get a 75c refill at the Shop Right----and get a free refill at the game!!!!!! I also use my UL cup to bathe with---nice hot water running down your back !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    -----Well thanks for pointing out one of my complaints--So I go to the Baseball game and I pay my $5 bucks for my plastic UL cup that I can get a 75c refill at the Shop Right----and get a free refill at the game!!!!!! I also use my UL cup to bathe with---nice hot water running down your back !!!
    Oooooh, damn I will have to try that Boomer. sounds like that would feel right nice!

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    The whole first level is being replaced and the ends will now be telescopic also, making a complete first level circle around the basketball court. That will increase crowd noise around the court!
    They should use curtains to seal off the upper deck areas and condense seating, unless attendance demands more seats. Will make for a better atmosphere while blocking higher level unused seats.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information