Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Cajundome upgrades

Default Re: Cajundome upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    So no ground level access? They'll have to move the Cajun Redzone sales & Mr. Vic's peanuts.
    I would assume so. I am not a fan of it because I bought my seats close to the bottom so I would not have to walk up stairs. I can live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02 View Post
    Do people buy more expensive grandstand baseball tickets and then go sit in the cheaper bleachers? Do people buy cheaper 300 level tickets and then go sit in the more expensive 100 and 200 level sections?

Still mad that you can't find a way into the grandstand at the Tigue?
    I sincerely regret that my attempt to post something funny came off as an attack on you.

From now on, there will be no attempt at humor. I apologize for any sorrow, grief, strife and/or "ruffling of feathers" which my post tricked you into feeling.

Do you think I am mad about the grandstand at the Tigue because I thought it would be a good idea to sell unused grandstand tickets to fans who want to sit in the grandstand?

Why does somebody always have to be mad? Hahaaa... lighten up Brozo

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    I would assume so. I am not a fan of it because I bought my seats close to the bottom so I would not have to walk up stairs. I can live with it.
    At least it won't be as bad as the never ending ramp you have to use at the lakefront arena. It's a 10 minute walk to go up 20'

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    At least it won't be as bad as the never ending ramp you have to use at the lakefront arena. It's a 10 minute walk to go up 20'
    True very true. I made that comment that my fat ___ was exhausted once I got to the top. It just made me realize that I need to get in shape, thanks for the reminder.

Where will the people you have seats on the floor be placed? I would hate to give up the experience of sitting close like we do!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Wow, I think I just got an erection.
    Lol....pretty damn close myself....now we're talkin'...

Quote Originally Posted by California Cajun View Post
    I guess I am wondering why the lower level seating wasn't done that way in the first place.
    Probably because the politicians and people involved couldn't find a contractor that was capable of doing it right the first time and was willing to give them kickbacks and under the table payouts to get the job.

8. Default

I guess I am wondering why the lower level seating wasn't done that way in the first place.
    Who designed this building?

In jefferson parish a huge state of the arts entertainment center was contracted. The architect had no experience in this. Five years later and tens of millions over budget it stands as a white elephant, incomplete

The very sophisticated electrical and data (for want of the proper name) are a total f-up.

They approached my sons company to fix it. They passed. It is now being fixed on a cost plus basis. Architect contracts are not bidder but awarded and usually to political supporters. I am glad our master plan was awarded to people with experience in this stuff. Finally I get to say good boy T-Joe, nice work Scott Farmer. A lot late but good.

Keep in mind the Cajundome was constructed during the term of the Honorable Edwin Edwards. It says so right on the plaque in the lobby.

Keep in mind the Cajundome was constructed during the term of the Honorable Edwin Edwards. It says so right on the plaque in the lobby.
    Thus my comment above!

years ago it was done that way. before the ice gators were in town they lower level seating went all the way around the lower bowl

Quote Originally Posted by dms4720 View Post
    years ago it was done that way. before the ice gators were in town they lower level seating went all the way around the lower bowl
    Not exactly my friend. The Cajun Dome used to have end zone seating, but none of it ever got as close to the court as is depicted in the video. There has also always been vast open spaces in all four corners. The fans have never been seated close to the court all the way around as is the case in most basketball only facilities.

Hopefully, we will get what is shown in the video.

13. Default Re: Cajundome upgrades

If everyone enters from the top can a practice court be built below?

Pete's Palace has one in a basement.

Quote Originally Posted by dms4720 View Post
    When the Icegators where in town (1995-2000), the glory years, the lower level and every corner had seat. Even that section on the west side second level, which I could never understand what it was built for. They had to put in all those seats to place the 11,800 fans that came to see the show on ice.......

15. Default Re: Cajundome upgrades

------This was Sonny Mouton's Baby----He and Nat Kiefer were big buddies and Nat got the LSUNO building that we played in and we got the Cajun Dome---Story goes that there wasn't enough money to get the inside of the Cajun Dome completed and Mouton said he knew it but they now had to put up the money to put the seats inside!!! Probably very close to the truth!!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information