Thread: UL's Masson satisfied with play at quarterback

1. UL Football UL's Masson satisfied with play at quarterback

UL - There was no time for an apprenticeship this season, but Chris Masson didn’t want it any other way.

After throwing only nine passes in two previous seasons at UL, Masson became the University of Louisiana quarterback without much game experience.

Although Masson is reluctant to assess his first season as a college starter, he feels satisfied with his overall performance after 10 starts.

Masson emerged as the starting quarterback eight days before the opening game against Southern on Sept. 5, following a preseason battle with fellow Floridian and close friend, Brad McGuire.

The rest of the story

By BOB ARDOIN
    Special to The Advocate

2. Default Re: UL's Masson satisfied with play at quarterback

This place must attract ppl that are satisfied with 'ok'. Jake was never 'satisfied'. What happened to that attitude?
    igeaux.mobi

Default Re: UL's Masson satisfied with play at quarterback

Quote Originally Posted by foofoochaisson View Post
    _ This place must attract ppl that are satisfied with 'ok'. Jake was never 'satisfied'. What happened to that attitude?
    igeaux.mobi _
    Its coaching in Crowley.

_ This place must attract ppl that are satisfied with 'ok'. Jake was never 'satisfied'. What happened to that attitude?
    igeaux.mobi _
    My thoughts exactly. How the hell can he be satisfied with his play? Put McGuire in, that guy has fire and its obvious the team responds to him.

GEAUX UL!

igeaux.mobi _
    That wasn't what he said.

6. Default Re: UL's Masson satisfied with play at quarterback

Bad misleading headline, not a bad story.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunProud View Post
    Its coaching in Crowley.
    I see what you did there.

Quote Originally Posted by Damon View Post
    _ I see what you did there. _
    It's true. I know people don't want to hear it, and I'm not saying I think he should be the coach here now, but he was mainly responsible for the small amount of success that this football program has ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunProud View Post
    It's true. I know people don't want to hear it, and I'm not saying I think he should be the coach here now, but he was mainly responsible for the small amount of success that this football program has ever seen.
    Oh, I know it's true. The Cooks' are family friends (my dad went to HS with them in Rayne), and I spent several games at Cajun Field as a guest of theirs. No mystery as to why ND has enjoyed so much success

He should be proud. For a guy that lacks big time talent like a Desormeaux per say, he has proven to be an efficient quarterback in his first year. If he can build on this for next year we will have ourselves a solid QB. You can't keep comparing our players to Jake Delhomme or Michael Desormeaux. That's just not fair. I think Chris will be our starter for the next two years, and people will be sad to see him go when he does. Just my thoughts.

Thread Information