Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: We are in the Bustle II Era

1. Default We are in the Bustle II Era

Bustle I was from 2002-2006

Bustle II has been for 2007, 2008, and 10 games of 2009

I think if Bustle II can get to 6 wins in year 3 of his 2nd stint as UL head coach he should be given 1 more year (a 4th year) to produce big.

Ps a 6 win program is the program Bustle II inherited.

jmo

Posted via Mobile Device

Default Re: This is Bustle II

if he can win 6 this year i think he should get another year also. at the beginning of they year if you would have told people that we would be 6 and 6 with a win over kstate after losing the subelt all time leading rusher in fenroy, offensive player of the year in desormeaux and chery the majority would have said you were crazy. so this team will most likely finish 6 and 6 witha brand new qb a new rb who broke his leg in th 6th game of the year and a win over more than likely the big 12 north represenative in the big 12 championship. i get frustrated too but until the university is ready to dish out 400k or more to a coach and build a student academic center, i would rather take my chances with bustle. jmo

igeaux.mobi

Looks like a lot of us are satisfied with low expectations

For the size of this university, the size of this area, and the money in this town, we are grossly underacheiving.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post

For the size of this university, the size of this area, and the money in this town, we are grossly underacheiving.
    and until we get that money into the program and the administration is prepared to use it, be careful what you wish for is all im saying.

igeaux.mobi

Coach Bustle reached 6 wins in the 2005 season. After that point the expectation is we were moving in the right direction. We have not surpassed the 6 win plateau and we have not won a share of the conference championship either.

Is another .500 season the answer or are we accepting a continued pattern of mediocrity?

Before the beginning of this season, just what exactly were our expectations? We knew Fenroy, Des and Cherry had moved on and were faced with a schedule playing three BCS schools and an improved Sunbelt. So. after ten games into the season, we still have a chance for 7-5. Who'd have thunk that? We lost two games that we should have won (Florida games), but won two games we should have lost (KSU and ASU).

Had we just WON at FIU.

Anyway, my point is that we are about where many of us thought we would be.

No, we are not healthy right now, just like last year at this point in the season. But if we can find a way to win shorthanded on the road at ASU, we can certainly do the same at home against ULM. They're not exactly healthy either.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: This is Bustle II

Quote Originally Posted by LFTCajun View Post
    I agree.If were able to bring in some good skilled players who can contribute right away, (High School, JUCO or Transfers), I really believe Bustle can get us to 8 wins or more next season. Void of a dynamic player.such as Fenroy or Dezmo.the Cajuns performed much better than I expected up to this point. I think the Offense will be tops in the Sunbelt in 2010. 2009 was a rebuilding year.which soo many of us selectively forget! If I was Bustle.I would put my ear to the wire in search of players who signed with teams of the major conferences, who may not be getting the playing time they expected because position congestion, and are seeking a transfer for the love of the game! jmo

Quote Originally Posted by RaginEsquire06 View Post
    _ I agree.If were able to bring in some good skilled players who can contribute right away, (High School, JUCO or Transfers), I really believe Bustle can get us to 8 wins or more next season. Void of a dynamic player.such as Fenroy or Dezmo.the Cajuns performed much better than I expected up to this point. I think the Offense will be tops in the Sunbelt in 2010. 2009 was a rebuilding year.which soo many of us selectively forget! If I was Bustle.I would put my ear to the wire in search of players who signed with teams of the major conferences, who may not be getting the playing time they expected because position congestion, and are seeking a transfer for the love of the game! jmo _
    Transfers from major programs will not help Bustle next year since they would have to sit out a year.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginEsquire06 View Post
    _ I agree.If were able to bring in some good skilled players who can contribute right away, (High School, JUCO or Transfers), I really believe Bustle can get us to 8 wins or more next season. Void of a dynamic player.such as Fenroy or Dezmo.the Cajuns performed much better than I expected up to this point. I think the Offense will be tops in the Sunbelt in 2010. 2009 was a rebuilding year.which soo many of us selectively forget! If I was Bustle.I would put my ear to the wire in search of players who signed with teams of the major conferences, who may not be getting the playing time they expected because position congestion, and are seeking a transfer for the love of the game! jmo _
    The excuse next season will be the inexperienced o-line.I can already hear it, in 2011 Bustle will put it ALL together!!!

_ Before the beginning of this season, just what exactly were our expectations?
    5-7 is what I had, with a loss to KSU & ASU and beating FIU & ULM. If he loses out hopefully Bustle will be fired at the end of the year.
    6-6 he should be allowed to stay next year
    7-5 is a monumental accomplishment

_ Before the beginning of this season, just what exactly were our expectations? We knew Fenroy, Des and Cherry had moved on and were faced with a schedule playing three BCS schools and an improved Sunbelt. So. after ten games into the season, we still have a chance for 7-5. Who'd have thunk that? We lost two games that we should have won (Florida games), but won two games we should have lost (KSU and ASU).

Had we just WON at FIU.

No, we are not healthy right now, just like last year at this point in the season. But if we can find a way to win shorthanded on the road at ASU, we can certainly do the same at home against ULM. They're not exactly healthy either. _
    It is not how we perform compared to pre-season expectations. It is the way we are playing from game to game. Just because we beat KSU and stAte doesn't mean you have a get out of jail free card with FAU and FIU. I have watched and/or listened to every game this season and it is ABSOLUTELY EVIDENT that Bustle and his staff do not make adjustments at half time. We have gotten out-coached in the second half of 4 straight games. A buddy of mine said it and it is true. Barring the Southern game, we could easily have lost every other game this year. Bustle got us out of the gutter. Thank you Ricky! But now it is time to move in another direction.

Regardless of our expectations going into this season he shoukd be fired for having a bad season. Some people did think he woukd get to 6 wins, others thought 4 but some of those same people said that if he doesnt win 7 or go to a bowl game he should be sent packing. With the debacle of keeping pathetic bball coaches around i doubt very much he gets fired. Our admin needs to step up bc this crap will just continue on into next season.
    igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    Not low expectations, just realistic. no pie in the sky.

Quote Originally Posted by Go_UL View Post
    _ Not low expectations, just realistic. no pie in the sky. _

Do you think any great programs or great athletes just went for "realistic"? No they went for that "pie in the sky" and were not satisfied till they got it.

15. Default Re: This is Bustle II

Before the beginning of this season, just what exactly were our expectations? We knew Fenroy, Des and Cherry had moved on and were faced with a schedule playing three BCS schools and an improved Sunbelt. So. after ten games into the season, we still have a chance for 7-5. Who'd have thunk that? We lost two games that we should have won (Florida games), but won two games we should have lost (KSU and ASU).

Had we just WON at FIU.

No, we are not healthy right now, just like last year at this point in the season. But if we can find a way to win shorthanded on the road at ASU, we can certainly do the same at home against ULM. They're not exactly healthy either.
    We didn't win more than 6 games with Desormeaux, Fenroy, and Chery and they were playmakers. So that argument doesn't hold water. The Sunbelt will continue to improve and either we improve along with it or we will be a bottom of the conference team. It is time to quit justifying mediocrity and call a spade a spade.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information