Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: We are in the Bustle II Era

1. Default Re: This is Bustle II

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    _ Turbine
    With all due respect man, who cares if he is better than Baldwin or better than this Bustle I

or we need patience really comeon.

Time to make a change _
    I didn't bring up the program he inherited from Baldwin I wanted to quell that portion of the talk that already existed here and on the radio.

I don't think patience is warrented. But 6-6 is my personal threshold I don't have a problem if yours is higher.

Default Re: This is Bustle II

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    _ Turbine
    With all due respect man, who cares if he is better than Baldwin or better than this Bustle I

The facts are he is in year 7 or 8 We are mediocre at best. The fan base is absolutley eroding schools from places like Ruston and Monroe are leaving us behind. We cannot accept this any more. Sometimes change just for the sake of change is good. I think this is the time. I dont want to hear

we are making progress. no we are not

or we are young even if we are why are we after 8 years???

or we need patience really comeon.

No mulligans or stat comparisons

Time to make a change _
    How exactly has ULM passed us up in football?
    Record? Fan support? Budget? Facilities? National Perception? I see none of that TODAY. If UL loses Saturday then the argument gets reopened. If UL (somehow) wins out we probably go bowling and the progress you ask about is clearly demonstrated. Bustle is coaching for his career this week, let's see how he does. I hope he and the team can pull it out!

3. Default Re: This is Bustle II

Quote Originally Posted by Rasta View Post
    You realize that historically, this has been a graveyard for college coaches, not a stepping stone. . Coaches haven't made names for themselves here, they've ended their careers
    Not a graveyard a retirement community.

Now I understand why some fan bases hire a moving company. Instead Acadiana gives them a Biz Startup Guide.

When does Bustle III start and and who do we compare that to?

If all universities applied that logic, then no one would ever get fired. Give me a break.

Bustle has had 8 years here. We were DI-A cellar dwellers when he got here. We are FBS cellar dwellers now. In my opinion, we could have hired 100 other people that could have done the same or better.

Get rid of him, now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Default Re: This is Bustle II

Quote Originally Posted by CajunShocker View Post
    _ When does Bustle III start and and who do we compare that to?

If all universities applied that logic, then no one would ever get fired. Give me a break.

Bustle has had 8 years here. We were DI-A cellar dwellers when he got here. We are FBS cellar dwellers now. In my opinion, we could have hired 100 other people that could have done the same or better.

Get rid of him, now!!!!!!!!!!!!!! _
    Why is this so hard.

There is no Bustle III

There are 2 games left to decide if Bustle II continues or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ Why is this so hard.

There is no Bustle III

There are 2 games left to decide if Bustle II continues or not. _
    I give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    _ How exactly has ULM passed us up in football?
    Record? Fan support? Budget? Facilities? National Perception? I see none of that TODAY. If UL loses Saturday then the argument gets reopened. If UL (somehow) wins out we probably go bowling and the progress you ask about is clearly demonstrated. Bustle is coaching for his career this week, let's see how he does. I hope he and the team can pull it out! _
    Even if we do win out, we still might not probably go bowling. Probably maybe but hardly likely.

Seriously.

8. Default Re: This is Bustle II

_ I give up!!!!!!!!!!!!! _
    Some seem to think I am using Bustle II as an excuse for an extension while I am doing just the opposite.

_ Even if we do win out, we still might not probably go bowling. Probably maybe but hardly likely.

Seriously. _
    THAT REMINDS ME OF WHAT A SOUTHERN GRAD ONCE SAID. "IT AINT LIKE UL WIN NOTHING OCCASIONALLY ANYWAY.

10. Default Re: This is Bustle II

_ Even if we do win out, we still might not probably go bowling. Probably maybe but hardly likely.

Seriously. _
    I think you are right if the number of wins is 6 but since 7 go before 6 the players have something to shoot for.

Current total number of bowl eligible teams is 61 with 68 slots.

Quote Originally Posted by USLJim View Post
    _ You are right,"with the money in this town" and no one is willing to GIVE TO THE RCAF.

That is me preaching again. NUMBERS GUYS, we need RCAF members and donations to be successful. Put all things aside and let's start doing something about it.

GEAUX CAJUNS. _
    I will give a few reasons the RCAF is floundering IMHO;

1. ZERO advertising (90% of this community hasn't even heard of the RCAF)
    2. David Walker is the phantom AD (who said publicly before he got the job that he didn’t want the job.)
    3. Economy is CRAP
    4. Lee is still employed at this university
    5. In this decade UL has 46 Wins and 73 Losses in football (Bustle has been the coach since 01)
    6. Baseball has been down the last few years and doesn't look to be any better this year
    7. T-Joe is silent about athletics
    8. The McNeese blowout is still fresh in people’s minds
    9. ZERO PR (the 5 or 10 year plan has not been relayed to "Joe public")
    10. LSU is winning national championships in nearly every sport, and outside of BR Lafayette has the largest concentration of donors.
    11. Lafayette as a whole thinks UL athletics is a bad investment

Public perception of the status quo is killing the RCAF and until a statement is made nothing will change, I thought T-Joe was going to get the ball rolling but up until now I've been wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by KACajun View Post
    _ I will give a few reasons the RCAF is floundering IMHO;

1. ZERO advertising (90% of this community hasn't even heard of the RCAF)

I could be wrong, but if the RCAF operates on yearly donations wouldn't they start marketing / advertising since the new year is right around the corner? I mean I think it should be a non stop marketing campaign.

I know people will be spending money on presents and stuff with the Christmas season around the corner and may not have a lot of extra cash laying around, but I think now is the time to be putting the message in people's ears and trying to get them excited about it.

Default Re: We are in the Bustle II Era

Originally Posted by USL Alum93
    I'm almost willing to take an "L" for the next 2 just to see him go, sad day when I think two home games are worth the sacrifice, but that's what it has come to. Come on AD make a statement in our "hungry for a winner" community, we have the money to support you, you build it we will come!!

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    you are an idiot, why dont you go tell all the seniors that you hopw they lose their last 2 games as cajuns and most of them the last 2 ever.thats the dumbest thing i have ever heard.i mean seriously why dont you go to the complex and look zanders in the eye and tell him you hope he loses. then tell him its just business.
    igeaux.mobi
    not posting to hurt anyone's feelings although, and just a wild hair post here

i for one don't think zanders, or any other cajun football player gives a rat's rear what i or many "fans" think as i assume they know "we" don't really know

i just as soon get you, crazy cajun, together in the same room with usl alum 93 and watch you call him an idiot to his face (smiles)

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUN_LXA685 View Post
    _ I could be wrong, but if the RCAF operates on yearly donations wouldn't they start marketing / advertising since the new year is right around the corner? I mean I think it should be a non stop marketing campaign.

I know people will be spending money on presents and stuff with the Christmas season around the corner and may not have a lot of extra cash laying around, but I think now is the time to be putting the message in people's ears and trying to get them excited about it. _
    I was hoping for a blitz around the start of football season, I can’t think of a time that the community is more energized. It didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunZ1 View Post
    _ Question, if we win out (unlikely but possible) and MT wins out (likely) that means we'd be the third SBC team in line for a bowl. Will there be 3 spots? Or is it too soon to tell?
    igeaux.mobi _

MT plays A State and ULM to finish the season and already has 7 wins. If they win out, that is 9 wins and a definite bowl game. If ULM wins out, they will have 8 wins and MT will have 8 wins. If UL wins out, we will have 7 wins, but Troy and likely MT would go before us (unless MT loses one of both games). If ULM ends up with 7 wins losing to us but beats MT, MT (if it beats A State) will still have 8 wins and a likely bowl game. I would hope that any 7 win team would get a bowl invite, but that will likely depend on other BCS non-qualifiers. There are a lot of scenarios yet to play out in these last 2 weeks. It will be interesting for the SBC. I hope it remains interesting for UL. Bustle and staff's jobs may depend on it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information