Thread: Melvin Smith expected to be named Louisiana DC

1. UL Football Melvin Smith expected to be named Louisiana DC

Current UL secondary coach Melvin Smith is expected to be named defensive coordinator of the Ragin' Cajuns and the hiring of two defensive assistant coaches are expected to soon be made by the program, it was learned today.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Melvin Smith expected to be named Louisiana DC

I dont blame yall for not reading an Advertiser sports article, but you did miss this:

Yet another hire the Cajuns are expected to make is that of Charlie Harbison, who was let go as safeties coach and co-defensive coordinator at Auburn last month.

Harbison, it's believed, is in line to become UL's co-defensive coordinator and to coach outside linebackers. He previously was defensive coordinator at Mississippi State for two seasons, and has worked as an assistant at programs including Clemson, Alabama and LSU.

kind of a big deal.

Z

Well… Many of us on here were worried about the domino effect Muschamp's firing would have on HUD and the coaching carousel… Did any of you think it would have such a positive effect? Great news fellas, we got some legit coaches coming here to hopefully coach some defense.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Yes. Oh very yes.

5. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: Melvin Smith expected to be named Louisiana DC

We got a lot of long in the tooth assistant defensive coaches. Bet they know motivation, and teaching. Sure hope it does not hurt recruiting with seventeen year olds.

I am a firm believer in youth, currently looking for a dentist for life, and not going to entertain any over thirty-five years old. I do not want my dentist planning to retire in the tropics before I get planted.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    We got a lot of long in the tooth assistant defensive coaches. Bet they know motivation, and teaching. Sure hope it does not hurt recruiting with seventeen year olds.

I am a firm believer in youth, currently looking for a dentist for life, and not going to entertain any over thirty-five years old. I do not want my dentist planning to retire in the tropics before I get planted.
    I know we tend to poop on Rivals but they did name Harbison as one of the best if not the best recruiter in the SEC.
    X, this is a big deal, a very, very big deal.

Z

So the way it sounds is that these guys are legit! I hope they stay for at least a few yrs and turn our guys into a nasty Defense

Thread Information