Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: LA College vs UL

Default Re: Basketball Tonight

Quote Originally Posted by reddot View Post
    _ UL Basketball best kept secret in Lafayette.or is it: UL Basketball best to keep secret. _

UL basketball is not a secret. It sucks and everyone knows it.

UL Basketball Re: Basketball Tonight

Quote Originally Posted by ZuluCajun View Post
    i went to the game friday night, purchased 4 of the best seats in the house.
    I went for one reason. I read where coach Lee said that this year , we were going to the hoop more, which is the only way to shoot a descent % .
    well, that didn't happen, we still shot from the parking lot leading to a below average FGA. Now couple that with a terrible Free Throw %, and rebounding only half as many as our opponent, and what you have is another recepe for
    a losing season. I've seen enough. Best of Luck Cajuns.
    I don't think the FGA cost us the game. We shot almost 50% from the field. We did do a much better job in the second half in getting the ball inside, which was why we shot 55% in the second half. We shot 48% for the game with your best two shooters going 2-12 from three point range. I'll agree the FT's didn't help, as it's never good to shoot 52% from the line, but I don't see that as the reason we lost the game. The bigger free throw issue was SM shooting 39 and us shooting 23. They missed 12 FT's and we missed 11. I think this was a direct result of us losing the rebound battle by 20, costing us a number of second chance points & additional fouls for Southern Miss.

I think the team in the past few years has done a poor job of post passing, which needs to improve in order to shoot a good percentage of three pointers. We've had guys get open in the lane but don't get them the ball. Additionally, I think rebounding may be an issue until we get into the mindset of rebounding. It's requires a consistent effort and good technique, and it's something we'll have to improve on to be more successful this year.

Default Re: Parrott Blog: Looking back at Cajuns 90, Louisiana College 68

Quote Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
    _ A look back on the Cajuns' win over Louisiana College and a recruiting update:

http://www.theadvertiser.com/apps/pb.Id=personaDest _
    Josh
    The guys I sit with were discussing leadership on this team.We know it's
    early but at this point it seems there is noboby taking the bull by the horns.
    Southern Miss had a player that took charge during breaks in play, talking to his teammates, settling them down.
    What are your thoughts on this?

I think Daigle is doing what he can. Problem is I think these are lead-by-example guys, not really vocal ones. Hope I'm wrong about that.

igeaux.mobi

Default Re: Wake-up Call

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02 View Post
    _ Box score on ragincajuns.com shows 2,514. _
    There is NO WAY that the attendance was over 2K.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCanaille View Post
    _ There is NO WAY that the attendance was over 2K. _
    I imagine we reported tickets distributed vs actual folks in the building. Reason we can report the 2500 figure is because we sold 2000 season tickets, 250 more than the previous year. I know that is hard to believe as I was shocked when I heard it. Only reason I believe it now was because the person who provided the info is the assistant AD. We went to the businesses that bought the football discounted tickets the year before and had some success getting them to buy basketball. Also, more people renewed than anticipated. People did that in anticipation of better days ahead and wanting to keep their tickets for that day. Yes, many folks have tickets but will attend on an irregular basis. Again, I am shocked at the season ticket no. I am still having a hard time believing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    _ I imagine we reported tickets distributed vs actual folks in the building.

Why don't we do that in football?

8. Default Re: Wake-up Call

_ I imagine we reported tickets distributed vs actual folks in the building. Reason we can report the 2500 figure is because we sold 2000 season tickets, 250 more than the previous year. I know that is hard to believe as I was shocked when I heard it. Only reason I believe it now was because the person who provided the info is the assistant AD. We went to the businesses that bought the football discounted tickets the year before and had some success getting them to buy basketball. Also, more people renewed than anticipated. People did that in anticipation of better days ahead and wanting to keep their tickets for that day. Yes, many folks have tickets but will attend on an irregular basis. Again, I am shocked at the season ticket no. I am still having a hard time believing it. _
    With a senior laden lineup as a sales point I'm just sad there was no extroverted ticket drive.

With no ticket drive whoever walked into the business had the tall task of being the 1st person to expose the biz to UL basketball 2009 and look what happened.

Think what an extroverted ticket drive and the resulting frontal lobe presence for UL basketball could have meant for the business ticket push? Biz alone ticket sales could have been around 2000.

Certainly with renewals and the bulk business sales angle, UL surely could have sold 4000 season tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ With a senior laden lineup as a sales point I'm just sad there was no extroverted ticket drive.

With no ticket drive whoever walked into the business had the tall task of being the 1st person to expose the biz to UL basketball 2009 and look what happened.

Think what an extroverted ticket drive and the resulting frontal lobe presence for UL basketball could have meant for the business ticket push? Biz alone ticket sales could have been around 2000.

Certainly with renewals and the bulk business sales angle, UL surely could have sold 4000 season tickets. _
    4000.no way. You'd have a better chance selling $500 parking passes that don't include a ticket to the game!
    ;0)

Default inference typed

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Why don't we do that in football?
    my "guess" is that is also done in cajun football, as well as all teams, in all sports everywhere

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by reddot View Post
    4000.no way. You'd have a better chance selling $500 parking passes that don't include a ticket to the game!
    ;0)
    Basketball has for historically drawn 1/3 what football has drawn.

With an all senior linup there is no reason season ticket sales aren't a third of football.

. . . I say this knowing there was no season ticket drive in football either.

I hate the no win crutch of money games.
    igeaux.mobi

I had it from a fairly reliable source that 250 more season tickets were sold for basketball this year than lasthmmm

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    _ UL basketball is not a secret. It sucks and everyone knows it. _
    worst coach in the country

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Parrott Blog: Looking back at Cajuns 90, Louisiana College 68

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux View Post
    _ "What it means for the Cajuns: This was a deceiving 22-point victory. Instead of pounding the ball inside against the under-sized Wildcats - which would have resulted in easy points, a big lead and some important confidence for their post guys - the Cajuns went 3-of-12 (25 percent) on 3s in the opening half with only 12 points in the paint. UL, which finished 7-of-22 from 3, could have done whatever it wanted and basically wasted almost half of the game doing exactly what hurt the team last season instead of putting LC away. They out-scored LC in the paint 28-2 in the second half. Daigle hit four 3s in a row in the final seven minutes, but the Cajuns would have gone 3-of-19 (15.8 percent) from behind the arch without that streak. They won the game but have a long, long way to go to be a contender in the Sun Belt Conference this season."

Well said, JP. Well said. _
    When I read Josh's recap, I said to myself, "look at you Josh. telling it like it is". If you don't attempt your post play against a smaller opponent, and instead revert to shooting 3s. again. there is little hope that we will do much differently the remainder of the season.

15. Default Re: Wake-up Call

_ I imagine we reported tickets distributed vs actual folks in the building. Reason we can report the 2500 figure is because we sold 2000 season tickets, 250 more than the previous year. I know that is hard to believe as I was shocked when I heard it. Only reason I believe it now was because the person who provided the info is the assistant AD. We went to the businesses that bought the football discounted tickets the year before and had some success getting them to buy basketball. Also, more people renewed than anticipated. People did that in anticipation of better days ahead and wanting to keep their tickets for that day. Yes, many folks have tickets but will attend on an irregular basis. Again, I am shocked at the season ticket no. I am still having a hard time believing it. _
    I cant imagine that season ticket sales are up from last yearI know myself and the five others that sit together did not renew and I have heard many say the same.

The increase in ticket sales will no likely be seen as a step in the right direction by the administration and a reason to keep Lee around another two years.

Its sad to see the current state of apathy for Cajun BBall.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information