Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: LA College vs UL

Default LA College vs UL

Cajuns play tonight against Louisiana College in the Dome. I know it is like a glorified exhibition game but it does count on the record (I know it does not in the RPI). Only reason I bring it up is that I have not seen any mention of it in the press.

Default Re: Basketball Tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    _ Cajuns play tonight against Louisiana College in the Dome. I know it is like a glorified exhibition game but it does count on the record (I know it does not in the RPI). Only reason I bring it up is that I have not seen any mention of it in the press. _
    UL Basketball best kept secret in Lafayette.or is it: UL Basketball best to keep secret.

I can't bring myself to go into the cajundome anymore with Lee at the helm.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Cajuns play tonight against Louisiana College in the Dome. I know it is like a glorified exhibition game but it does count on the record (I know it does not in the RPI). Only reason I bring it up is that I have not seen any mention of it in the press.
    Hey, Mike. Basketball season is here, and you know I love covering the sport. Problem was that I had to be in Murfreesboro for football over the weekend and couldn't cover the Southern Miss game.

Practice is closed and interviews are unavailable the day before and after a game due to the media policy, so there wasn't anything I could do for a follow-up. I will be out there tonight covering the game. The Cajuns should roll to a win. Watch for a lot of guys to get playing time.

UL Basketball Re: Basketball Tonight

Yesterday's (Sunday) DA had a large ad for basketball. The only proplem was the ad had no date and stated the Cajuns would be playing West Alabama on Tuesday night!

That would be handled by the ad department.

Quote Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
    _ That would be handled by the ad department. _
    I know; it was not a jab at you. I just wanted to point it out because whoever was responsibly, it was a colossal goof up.

i went to the game friday night, purchased 4 of the best seats in the house.
    I went for one reason. I read where coach Lee said that this year , we were going to the hoop more, which is the only way to shoot a descent % .
    well, that didn't happen, we still shot from the parking lot leading to a below average FGA. Now couple that with a terrible Free Throw %, and rebounding only half as many as our opponent, and what you have is another recepe for
    a losing season. I've seen enough. Best of Luck Cajuns.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    I know; it was not a jab at you. I just wanted to point it out because whoever was responsibly, it was a colossal goof up.
    I got you. Just wanted to clear it all up!

Default Parrott Blog: Looking back at Cajuns 90, Louisiana College 68

A look back on the Cajuns' win over Louisiana College and a recruiting update:

http://www.theadvertiser.com/apps/pb.Id=personaDest

11. Default Wake-up Call

Wake-up Call: Cajuns need strong second half to get past Division III opponent

The rest of the story

Default Re: Wake-up Call

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    _ _
    what was the attendance last night?

Quote Originally Posted by KACajun View Post
    _ what was the attendance last night? _
    Box score on ragincajuns.com shows 2,514.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Parrott Blog: Looking back at Cajuns 90, Louisiana College 68

Quote Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
    _ A look back on the Cajuns' win over Louisiana College and a recruiting update:

http://www.theadvertiser.com/apps/pb.Id=personaDest _
    "What it means for the Cajuns: This was a deceiving 22-point victory. Instead of pounding the ball inside against the under-sized Wildcats - which would have resulted in easy points, a big lead and some important confidence for their post guys - the Cajuns went 3-of-12 (25 percent) on 3s in the opening half with only 12 points in the paint. UL, which finished 7-of-22 from 3, could have done whatever it wanted and basically wasted almost half of the game doing exactly what hurt the team last season instead of putting LC away. They out-scored LC in the paint 28-2 in the second half. Daigle hit four 3s in a row in the final seven minutes, but the Cajuns would have gone 3-of-19 (15.8 percent) from behind the arch without that streak. They won the game but have a long, long way to go to be a contender in the Sun Belt Conference this season."

Well said, JP. Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    _ _
    Reason the game was close so long last night was due to the Cajuns either traveling while driving to the basket or missing layups. They were making more of an effort to get to the basket than in the past but it looked like they were in unrecognized territory as they did so. Once they actually made some layups they were able to play pressure defense. In the second half, both McCoy and Daigle started. McCoy really got us going with his penetration and Daigle was able to hit shots as he coud catch and shoot. I know we outmanned the opponent and the effort was very poor in the first half. If there was any positive last night it was the potential of having both point guards on the floor at the same time. We will see more of that if Gradnigo does not get out of his slump.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information