Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Wrong Channel---

Default Re: Wrong Channel---

Quote Originally Posted by irokcj5 View Post
    Not difficult to find examples when left leaning journalists lie and misrepresent facts to further their agenda. But can someone provide example of Fox News doing the same.
    I agree with you about the other news channels doing this but a simple google search and you will find hundreds of video and articles of FOX doing the same. Of course it is easy to dismiss any examples we put up by saying they are liberal sites or a liberal wrote the article but that does not necesserily make it untrue (they go after other channels as well.) Ratings and money rule and if you honestly think that FOX news is completely honest than there is probably no changing you mind at this point.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    That's great.read the article. CNN is apparently the worst.
    You know whats sad. You cant get hard news anywhere anymore. Everyone is a partisan.

Z

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    I agree with you about the other news channels doing this but a simple google search and you will find hundreds of video and articles of FOX doing the same. Of course it is easy to dismiss any examples we put up by saying they are liberal sites or a liberal wrote the article but that does not necesserily make it untrue (they go after other channels as well.) Ratings and money rule and if you honestly think that FOX news is completely honest than there is probably no changing you mind at this point.
    No honest news reporting anymore, anywhere. EVERYONE has an agenda. EVERYONE.

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    You know whats sad. You cant get hard news anywhere anymore. Everyone is a partisan.

Z
    True and there are more and more opinionated people like O'Reily and Chris Mathews who blurr the linespoeple want to be entertained and told exactly what they want to hear.

Disclaimer I'm a staunch conservative

FNC glamorizes the news. They also like to take a really minuscule issue and run with it to instill fear into its watchers. They are not Fair & Balanced. Watch their roundtable segments from an unbiased standpoint. They have 12 Conservatives and 1 liberal and rarely let the lib get a point in.

MSNBC, lol. This link explains how pathetic MSNBC really is. All they do is complain and whine and praise their great Allah Obama.

CNN is probably the most unbiased news reporting service but it's so slow when it comes to breaking news that when they do, they run it into the ground.

Honestly I only watch local news in the morning to see if anything happened over night or for traffic & weather.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan337 View Post
    According to?
    http://nypost.com/2015/02/16/milleni.a-record-rate/

7. Ragin' Cajuns Re: Wrong Channel---

Z
    Never could Z, never could.

I do recall a Vietnam War protest occurring in the quad when I was in school. Those were the days when students took over buildings at other places than UL, but we had some protests.

On this particular day, Mrs. Express and I were watching the protest, and they were raucous, and not very peaceful. They went on for a couple hours in the late afternoon refusing to let people access the classrooms. Finally the police broke it up by arresting some, and of course the hippie flop, and drag away. That evening the local news showed none of the students being refused access to education, only the poor defenseless hippie floppers being carted off.

I guess being refused lawful access to your education was not worthy of being part of the story even though the cameras were there the whole time, only the eventual lawful arrest.

Z
    But what is that agenda? When you realize both the left and the right are working in unison to keep us misinformed & ____ed at either side.then you can realize whats going on here. A complete and utter snow job.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    But what is that agenda? When you realize both the left and the right are working in unison to keep us misinformed & ____ed at either side.then you can realize whats going on here. A complete and utter snow job.
    Millions of people (voters) are letting these folks pull their strings.it really is frightening.

All my life I grew up being taught that compromise and working together is a good thing but when so many are misinformed on issues, the fear sets in and then they don't want to work with someone who may have a different view then them.then nothing gets done and those pulling the strings stay "fat" and until the common people realize this, this country will contunue the trend it's on

Just have to be patient and look at the big picture. The truth eventually comes to light. There are always people that won't acknowledge it on both sides of most of the issues.
    But, for the most part, I think the American people are smart enough to get it right in the long run. -

If you truly don't beleive they are, then how can you beleive that government by the people for the people is the way to go?

Z
    You nailed it Zee. there is very little actual straight news reported anymore. I'd say only about 5-7 minutes of a 30 minute news program would be considered actual news. In addition to all the agenda's being pushed, I see more human interest "stories" as opposed to news. I could care less about watching stories about dogs, cats or opinions on global warming when I am supposedly watching the "news"! With all the crap taking place locally and around the world, a homeless dog is not on the top of my priority list.

I don't care who does the news, as long as they cover my Louisiana Lafayette Ragin Cajuns and bleed the yellow, vermilion and white. UL-La for lyfe homies!

#BringBackThePepper #BaldwinWasMisunderstood #AuthementWasUnderrated

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan337 View Post
    Disclaimer I'm a staunch conservative

FNC glamorizes the news. They also like to take a really minuscule issue and run with it to instill fear into its watchers. They are not Fair & Balanced. Watch their roundtable segments from an unbiased standpoint. They have 12 Conservatives and 1 liberal and rarely let the lib get a point in.

MSNBC, lol. This link explains how pathetic MSNBC really is. All they do is complain and whine and praise their great Allah Obama.

CNN is probably the most unbiased news reporting service but it's so slow when it comes to breaking news that when they do, they run it into the ground.

Honestly I only watch local news in the morning to see if anything happened over night or for traffic & weather.
    CNN? Really, known as the Communist News Network that peddles race at every opportunity? See their coverage of Michael Brown, George Zimmerman, little coverage on the Benghazi Investigation and weekly talking points from the administration.

I agree that all hard news now has a slant to it, sadly that is the case across the board. But you are in the minority when it comes to conservatives in your opinion of CNN.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    CNN? Really, known as the Communist News Network that peddles race at every opportunity? See their coverage of Michael Brown, George Zimmerman, little coverage on the Benghazi Investigation and weekly talking points from the administration.

I agree that all hard news now has a slant to it, sadly that is the case across the board. But you are in the minority when it comes to conservatives in your opinion of CNN.
    AND EVEN WITH ALL OF THAT, CNN is still probably the closest there is to a neutral American cable news source. It's just not that hard (or shouldn't be) to land in the middle with MSNBC and FOX News on either side of the spectrum.

EDIT: This feels fairly accurate:

Quote Originally Posted by BrockMeaux View Post
    AND EVEN WITH ALL OF THAT, CNN is still probably the closest there is to a neutral American cable news source. It's just not that hard (or shouldn't be) to land in the middle with MSNBC and FOX News on either side of the spectrum.

EDIT: This feels fairly accurate:

Correction: CNNObama invented Pepsi and has created fair market conditions for all competitors! LOL!!! Just thought I would askwhich news person on CNN are you suggesting is fair or balanced?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information