Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: UL has more talent than LSU?

Default Re: UL has more talent than LSU?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    LOL! That is just plain dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    _ LOL! That is just plain dumb. _

Doesn't say much for our coaching, if we have the most talent and still lose.

4. Default Re: UL has more talent than LSU?

Coachspeak

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    _ Doesn't say much for our coaching, if we have the most talent and still lose. _
    I don't put much stock into those type of coaches comments. It is typical for those guys to downplay their squad's abilities while complimenting the opponent.

I don't believe we have more talent than LSU. I think this is simply a matter of coaches lying. By the way, we have not lost tomorrow night's game yet. Let's actually play the game before we make judgments.

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    _ LOL! That is just plain dumb. _
    I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the comments from USM's coach. Most of the players that Trent Johnson inherited from Brady have graduated and I don't think that LSU&AMC@BR will have the same talent level that you've seen the past.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    _ Doesn't say much for our coaching, if we have the most talent and still lose. _
    LOL

I think LSU is supposed to be pitiful this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambler View Post
    _ I think LSU is supposed to be pitiful this year. _
    LSU is having a demolition year this year, their rebuilding year is scheduled for next season.

This is coachspeak at its finest. Gradnigo would start for LSU. A few others would see some playing time. Our guy are not even strong enough for the SBC. they would get killed in the SEC.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    _ I don't put much stock into those type of coaches comments. It is typical for those guys to downplay their squad's abilities while complimenting the opponent.

I don't believe we have more talent than LSU. I think this is simply a matter of coaches lying. By the way, we have not lost tomorrow night's game yet. Let's actually play the game before we make judgments. _
    Thanks for the reminder. When I looked at the schedule months back, I scribbled in a 10-20pt loss here. To be fair we need to see what this team is made of. If we have some success right off the bat maybe this team can get some confidence and overcome some of the shortcommings(coaching) we have.

LSU has taken a step back in talent and depth after losing Thornton, Johnson and Temple. Mitchell is tough. Spencer has been steady. Not much depth or experience, although Warren will be better with more minutes. (White, a transfer from Ole Miss, is young and talented, but he's sitting out per NCAA rules.)

igeaux.mobi

Ragin' Cajuns Re: UL has more talent than LSU?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    Uhhhhhh WHAT!?!

Ragin' Cajuns Re: UL has more talent than LSU?

i heard someone on the radio say that the tiggers would actually have to flesh out their squad with walk-ons. no depth at all there.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    _ I don't put much stock into those type of coaches comments. It is typical for those guys to downplay their squad's abilities while complimenting the opponent.

I don't believe we have more talent than LSU. I think this is simply a matter of coaches lying. By the way, we have not lost tomorrow night's game yet. Let's actually play the game before we make judgments. _
    Mike, I'm not sure we can or will beat either LSU and USM. But, here is a little inside story that no one posting in this thread knows and lends some credence to Larry E. comments on Trent Johnson. Coach Johnson called this summer are tried to get out of the game against UL, so he must think we have enough talent.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information