Thread: Davis Claims Long Jump Title As Cajuns Compete At Samford Invitational

1. Ragin' Cajuns Davis Claims Long Jump Title As Cajuns Compete At Samford Invitational

Devin Davis recorded a mark of 24 feet, 4 ½ inches to claim the men's long jump title and help lead the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns indoor track and field team at the Samford Invitational on Friday at Birmingham Crossplex._

Default Re: Davis Claims Long Jump Title As Cajuns Compete At Samford Invitational

Awesome, this team/program is getting better in leaps and bounds!

Default Re: Davis Claims Long Jump Title As Cajuns Compete At Samford Invitational

Devin Scott would beat him by 2 feet.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Devin Scott would beat him by 2 feet.
    How big are Devin's feet?

Don't see the transfer Brazell?? Anywhere. Thought he was a track star?

Quote Originally Posted by NickatNite View Post
    Don't see the transfer Brazell?? Anywhere. Thought he was a track star?
    Yea, the program is getting much better. When Badeaux first took over, they initially did well with the Throws (Coach Bellar has done a wonderful job with his crew; best I have seen since Lancon was there) and Badeaux has had the jumpers doing really well. Now, distance with Coach LaMaison, she has recruited out of the state of Louisiana better than any school in the state. It aint even close. She has had to reach into other states for the girls due to Louisiana high school girls distance being uncompetitive, but even then she still has girls doing well for her locally (Kelcy Lyons ran 2:12 in the 800m yesterday, that is pretty good). Coach Glover has finally been able to gain some depth in the sprint and hurdles. Two hurdlers in Cormier and freshman Hughes should score at Sunbelt. Hanoj Carter has been tearing it up in the 60 and 200m (21.50 indoor 200 is pretty good). He is a transfer from Northwestern where he won a Southland title as a FR. This is leaps and bounds better as an overall team then we have seen in over a decade.

Brazil- from what I have been told is training but has been hampered an injury. I believe he should be ready soon. He is legit if he gets back to form. At his best, he could contend for a conference title, probably win it, and talent wise has the speed, although not development as of late, to qualify for Nationals if he stuck track out. He is about as fast as they come, judging off of high school, but we are far from his high school days.

Devin Scott, IMO, would possibly be our best jumper on our team if allowed compete. Maybe the best in the conference. This is just judging off high school.

I still don't understand sports and everyone's insisting that kids only play one sport. Florida State, Clemson, Oregon have been getting better in football with the addition of players that they allow to play multiple sports. Everything that these kids would be asked to do for Track would translate to football and give HUD better athletes when they return.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Question: The other day when we placed second at the McNeese indoors. McNeese took first place. I went and looked at the individual events and in many cases McNeese had every single entry in an event. It was like 1-8 McNeese. What was that all about? Is part of what wins these T&F events having the host team sponsor events that they saturate with athletes while the rest of the field doesn't even participate?

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Question: The other day when we placed second at the McNeese indoors. McNeese took first place. I went and looked at the individual events and in many cases McNeese had every single entry in an event. It was like 1-8 McNeese. What was that all about? Is part of what wins these T&F events having the host team sponsor events that they saturate with athletes while the rest of the field doesn't even participate?
    That was Lancon's way of winning Sun Belt titles. Dominate the field placing 5-6 guys in the Javelin, Shot, and Jumps. Then steal some points in the hurdles and distance events. Boom Sun Belt Champs.

9. Default Re: Davis Claims Long Jump Title As Cajuns Compete At Samford Invitational

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    That was Lancon's way of winning Sun Belt titles. Dominate the field placing 5-6 guys in the Javelin, Shot, and Jumps. Then steal some points in the hurdles and distance events. Boom Sun Belt Champs.
    ---He learned it from former UL coach BOB COLE----I remember a certain guy that wasn't even out for the team in a sense (Frat activities) Well he was asking me if he should go and jump in the conference meet---He did --he scored and I think had about 5 guys place in the LJ---and yes we won a bunch with that strategy!!! TWO great coaches!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    The scoring at a meet like McNeese St. is meaningless. Actually MSU as a program won't say much about winning a scored meet. Only conference and national meet matter in scoring. All others are never mentioned or flaunted by programs.

A home meet for a team always affords that team to have walk ons or athletes who wouldn't travel the opportunity to compete thus u see more in events.

Thread Information