Thread: Comeback Falls Short For Cajuns Women at Troy, 68-63

1. Ragin' Cajuns Comeback Falls Short For Cajuns Women at Troy, 68-63

Keke Veal scored 17 of her team-high 20 points in the second half, but a second-half comeback for the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns women's basketball team fell short in a 68-63 Sun Belt Conference loss at Troy on Saturday at Trojan Arena.

Default Re: Comeback Falls Short For Cajuns Women at Troy, 68-63

Still a shot at 20 wins. 16-8 with 5 games left. All winnable except maybe UALR. Good season regardless, but 20 wins (as Turbine informed me) hasn't been done since 2005! Went 14-16 last year, so would Be great to see the Women get there AND make a run in the conference tournament.

Please do not equate 20 wins in the SBC this year with 20 wins in 2005. The SOS in 2005 was much higher than this year. The 2005 SBC was the 8th ranked conference in the country; this year it is well up in the 20's.

Nonetheless, 20 wins IS an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Please do not equate 20 wins in the SBC this year with 20 wins in 2005. The SOS in 2005 was much higher than this year. The 2005 SBC was the 8th ranked conference in the country; this year it is well up in the 20's.

Road game on Saturday at UTA will be tough. They struggled last Saturday against the height of the Maverick women last Saturday.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post

We had a magnificent Russian recruited by an alcoholic

Hall arrived and got talent and great coaching. We need one or two more players. A big & a scorer.

VO you are right. The SBC is an awful basketball conference at this time. I still gotta give coach his dues, we are much better than when he arrived.

I do not deny improvement; but we are not nearly as good as our record would seem to indicate. I believe we will be 1-4 or 2-3 in our remaining 5 games. I hope I am wrong.

We will beat GaSo, and we will have a chance against TxSt, as we have them at home. I will be surprised if we beat UTA on the road, and shocked if we beat either Arkansas school.

Thread Information