Default Re: Louisiana at Troy

basketball??? sorry to ask but the men of summer is predominant on my mind

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    basketball??? sorry to ask but the men of summer is predominant on my mind
    I did create the thread in the men's basketball folder, so yes. LOL

Win baby just win

We blew another double digit lead late to go into overtime.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    We blew another double digit lead late to go into overtime.
    Did the women win?

7. Default Re: Louisiana at Troy

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Did the women win?
    ---I think we all won all our games today---wbb, mbb, baseball, and Lord knows how many softball wins!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Did the women win?
    No.

Ragin' Cajuns WBB (@RaginCajunsWBB) tweeted at 3:48 PM on Sat, Feb 14, 2015:
    Troy 68, Louisiana 63 — FINAL

Just tired of blowing leads in 2nd half

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ulXrunner View Post
    Just tired of blowing leads in 2nd half
    Who is "leads"? It sounds like you need to leave him alone.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Louisiana at Troy

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Well done. They nearly did "blow the lead." I thought Jay was going to lose it when Long fumbled the dunk attempt that would have sealed the game.

13. UL Basketball Re: Louisiana at Troy

Amazing how many teams shoot sixty plus percent against our team. I did not think you could have one such game a year regardless of how awful you are, yet we do it over and over.

I really do not know what to think about Marlin as a pure coach. He sounds so intelligent, and his plans so well thought out, yet we never seem to be able to carry those plans out. I guess he needs to hire a better recruiter to help him since we are stuck with his outrageous contract.

By the way losing games we have the lead in is not new, we lost several each year as the clock runs down, and our lead shrinks. After a while you gotta think it ain't luck the other teams keep making the have to make shots.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Amazing how many teams shoot sixty plus percent against our team. I did not think you could have one such game a year regardless of how awful you are, yet we do it over and over.

I really do not know what to think about Marlin as a pure coach. He sounds so intelligent, and his plans so well thought out, yet we never seem to be able to carry those plans out. I guess he needs to hire a better recruiter to help him since we are stuck with his outrageous contract.

By the way losing games we have the lead in is not new, we lost several each year as the clock runs down, and our lead shrinks. After a while you gotta think it ain't luck the other teams keep making the have to make shots.

I think a factor in blowing leads is not having a go to guy we can rely on to make a big shot when the other team makes a run. I agree it is amazing to win a game when the other team shoots such a high %. Coach Marlin himself has said this is the worst defensive team he has had so that also contributes to leads being lost as we let guards dribble into the paint too easily. Lots of layups today for a Troy player name Bilbo. Still we did win due to the turnovers forced, Wronkowski having his best game of the year, and missed free throws by Troy. Couple of other key points that made the game interesting. Long got another technical after a foul call on him early in the game. Since a T is now counted as a personal also that gave him two early fouls and limited his playing time. Young man has to stop being so selfish. The T he got against ULM at home ended up being a factor in that loss. Finally, with the Cajuns holding a two point lead in the last seconds of regulation Troy hit a three which was waved off due to the coach calling a time out prior to the shot being taken. Of course we were fortunate to win this game due to the late turnovers. Still, it is a relief not to have blown the game as it would have been embarrassing to do so. That is four straight weeks the Cajuns have gone 1 and 1 in the Thursday Saturday setup. They have been a 0.500 team all year so no surprise it continues. I don't think that is going to change in the last few games and yes that is unacceptable compared to the pre season hopes we had. Not as much talent on this team as we believed initially.

15. Default Re: Louisiana at Troy

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I think a factor in blowing leads is not having a go to guy we can rely on to make a big shot when the other team makes a run. I agree it is amazing to win a game when the other team shoots such a high %. Coach Marlin himself has said this is the worst defensive team he has had so that also contributes to leads being lost as we let guards dribble into the paint too easily. Lots of layups today for a Troy player name Bilbo. Still we did win due to the turnovers forced, Wronkowski having his best game of the year, and missed free throws by Troy. Couple of other key points that made the game interesting. Long got another technical after a foul call on him early in the game. Since a T is now counted as a personal also that gave him two early fouls and limited his playing time. Young man has to stop being so selfish. The T he got against ULM at home ended up being a factor in that loss. Finally, with the Cajuns holding a two point lead in the last seconds of regulation Troy hit a three which was waved off due to the coach calling a time out prior to the shot being taken. Of course we were fortunate to win this game due to the late turnovers. Still, it is a relief not to have blown the game as it would have been embarrassing to do so. That is four straight weeks the Cajuns have gone 1 and 1 in the Thursday Saturday setup. They have been a 0.500 team all year so no surprise it continues. I don't think that is going to change in the last few games and yes that is unacceptable compared to the pre season hopes we had. Not as much talent on this team as we believed initially.
    --------Like the FB situation of the looooooose zone coverage, everybody was having success against it so everybody did what was successful---Obviously there is something in bball that our opponents see that can attack our defense in a very successful way----We have played many different defenses but we don't seem to be playing it the correct way or the personnel just isn't there!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information