Thread: UL Seeks New Housing Options

1. Default UL Seeks New Housing Options

UL Seeks New Housing Option Proposals

The rest of the story

Ragin' Cajuns Re: UL Seeks New Housing Options

Thats awesome, we need to buy older homes around campus to be converted to either some sort of on campus housing or new buildings of higher learning.

See ya at the games

Default Re: UL Seeks New Housing Options

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    _ Thats awesome, we need to buy older homes around campus to be converted to either some sort of on campus housing or new buildings of higher learning.

See ya at the games _

While in Lafayette last weekend for homecoming, I drove around Blackham and the athletic complex. Does anyone realize how much vacant land we have around Blackham and behind what was the Horticulture Center? Why can't all of the land be developed as a part of campus? We already own it, so we don't have to buy up housing around campus.

I agree, I think they need to develop the land around Blackham and bridge the gap from campus to athletic complex. I'd like to see them look at maybe doing a partnership with a apt./condo developer and get something done.

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    _ While in Lafayette last weekend for homecoming, I drove around Blackham and the athletic complex. Does anyone realize how much vacant land we have around Blackham and behind what was the Horticulture Center? Why can't all of the land be developed as a part of campus? We already own it, so we don't have to buy up housing around campus. _
    That thought has been talked about on this site several times. The University could really develop a nice on-campus environment; close to the main campus academics and close enough to easily commute to the athletic complex.

Thread Information