Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 11 . LastLast

Thread: Selections for new coach

UL Football Selections for new coach

ok bustle is not doing so well and the talk of the town is that everyone wants a new coach. in all honesty if we could get a new one at the end of the season who would you want to shoot for?

My top 3
    1. gary bartel (grand prarie H.S.)
    2. jenkins (rb coach at rutgers)
    3. anyone but bustle

Default Re: Selections for new coach

NO HIGHSCHOOL COACHES!

Agreed. I'd rather get a young up and coming coordinator than a HS coach. What about Fedora? Is he still sitting at home. He did some good things at Southern Miss.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCanaille View Post
    NO HIGHSCHOOL COACHES!
    igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by ULtimateCajun View Post
    _ Agreed. I'd rather get a young up and coming coordinator than a HS coach. What about Fedora? Is he still sitting at home. He did some good things at Southern Miss.

igeaux.mobi _
    Fedora is the head coach at Southern Miss

Quote Originally Posted by coolcajun123 View Post
    _ ok bustle is not doing so well and the talk of the town is that everyone wants a new coach. in all honesty if we could get a new one at the end of the season who would you want to shoot for?

My top 3
    1. gary bartel (grand prarie H.S.)
    2. jenkins (rb coach at rutgers)
    3. anyone but bustle _
    Sorry but that list is horrible

_ Agreed. I'd rather get a young up and coming coordinator than a HS coach. What about Fedora? Is he still sitting at home. He did some good things at Southern Miss.

igeaux.mobi _

Bower?

I would really want a young coach that would come in and motivate this team. Someone that may have a pair. This is going on a limb but Major Applewhite. We could probably not afford the salary that he would come with but you asked. But I would settle for Shanahan, I hear that he is still looking.

Indeed he is! Haha I'm thinking of Jeff Bower.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    Fedora is the head coach at Southern Miss
    igeaux.mobi

_ Indeed he is! Haha I'm thinking of Jeff Bower.

igeaux.mobi _
    I figured that who you were talking about but it went against the young up and coming coordinator lol

I also said Major last year but I think he's making big bucks as a coordinator. Wikipedia says he makes $250,000 as assistant head coach at Texas. I'm thinking he wants that head job when Mack retires. But I would love to have him.

Quote Originally Posted by cjdecuir View Post
    I would really want a young coach that would come in and motivate this team. Someone that may have a pair. This is going on a limb but Major Applewhite. We could probably not afford the salary that he would come with but you asked. But I would settle for Shanahan, I hear that he is still looking.
    igeaux.mobi

Yeah the cajuns have me scatter brained this monday. Part of me wants a balls to the wall young guy and another part wants a old football smarts guy like FAU's Howard Schnellenberger (?spelling). I guess I'd pretty much take anything that improves our team. (Yes I'm captain obvious)

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    I figured that who you were talking about but it went against the young up and coming coordinator lol
    igeaux.mobi

_ I also said Major last year but I think he's making big bucks as a coordinator. Wikipedia says he makes $250,000 as assistant head coach at Texas. I'm thinking he wants that head job when Mack retires. But I would love to have him.

igeaux.mobi _
    Major is not the next HC at Texas. Musgrave (spelling?) is set there. And if we can't afford 250-300K for a HC, then we don't deserve to be in the FBS!

Also, if memory serves me correctly, Bartel (the HS coach mentioned earlier) was on our staff a few years back.

Shof

I am for anyone that will improve the team. That being said, your team is a reflection of your coach. It is disheartening when you look across the field and you see the class of Schnellenberger and know what we have in our coach. Our coach is atrocious.He has never been and I doubt he will ever be taken as professional. Charlies Weiss can even fit in slacks and he weighs at least an extra hundred pounds. Hopefully the wind pants will go with him at the end of the season.

Its Muschamp the D coordinator, and you're right he will be the next HC. I agree with you. If we could throw a raise and HC job at Major Applewhite I would be super pumped that guys got offensive brains!

Quote Originally Posted by shof View Post
    Major is not the next HC at Texas. Musgrave (spelling?) is set there. And if we can't afford 250-300K for a HC, then we don't deserve to be in the FBS!

Also, if memory serves me correctly, Bartel (the HS coach mentioned earlier) was on our staff a few years back.

Shof
    igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by shof View Post
    _ Major is not the next HC at Texas. Musgrave (spelling?) is set there. And if we can't afford 250-300K for a HC, then we don't deserve to be in the FBS!

Shof _
    And that alone should rule him out. He wasn't exactly part of a great coaching staff and there's a reason he's not coaching at the college level anymore.

I like the idea of Bower! Guy did some great things at S. Miss.

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 11 . LastLast

Thread Information