Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Selections for new coach

Default Re: Selections for new coach

Quote Originally Posted by Chris V. View Post
    _ As a curious bystander, IF you were the person who had the ultimate decision making authority, and IF that choice were to be made @ the end of the season, who would be the 5 names on your list? _
    1) Clint Conque
    2) Major Applewhite
    3) Jeff Bower
    4) Gary Crowton

Dont really have a 5th guy that I can think of right at this moment.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    _ Both Indest and Cook have coached in college!!! They are not only locally known, remember Indest was on the staff of LA TECH and there head coach was a top assistant with the Miami Dolphins under Saban... _
    In every corner of this country, where there's a local university that isn't kicking butt in football, every good highschool coach in the area is better than the sitting university head coach. Count on it. I wonder who the Ruston community was picking among the local yocals instead of Dooley?

Many good highschool coaches have sniffed on a college program at some point in their careers. They aren't ready for prime time college football because of it... they are ready for prime time Friday night highschool football... because of it. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    _ 1) Clint Conque
    2) Major Applewhite
    3) Jeff Bower
    4) Gary Crowton

Dont really have a 5th guy that I can think of right at this moment. _
    You're kidding right? Gary Crowton's salary at LSU is more than Bustles and his entire staff combined. We would need to increase our total coaching salary budget to about 800k to a million. Derek Dooley demanded his salary and real wages for staff members or he would not take the job in Ruston. They agreed to it.

There will be icewater in hell before anyone at UL would agree to such a thing. The money is not there.

Yesterday i posted in another thread that Applewhite is also a pipedream. He has a bright future and the last place he would accept a job is here. No agent worth his salt would let his client anywhere near the UL job, unless he were old and his reputation tarnished by failure somewhere else.

Someone else listed Tuberville. He is sitting out of coaching for a reason. He is waiting to see what opens up at major schools. He will never coach anywhere again that doesnt pay at least 2 million a year. He is in that salary bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    _ In every corner of this country, where there's a local university that isn't kicking butt in football, every good highschool coach in the area is better than the sitting university head coach. Count on it. I wonder who the Ruston community was picking among the local yocals instead of Dooley?

Many good highschool coaches have sniffed on a college program at some point in their careers. They aren't ready for prime time college football because of it... they are ready for prime time Friday night highschool football... because of it. JMO _
    The cajuns are not prime time college football!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunBoudin View Post
    _ You're kidding right? Gary Crowton's salary at LSU is more than Bustles and his entire staff combined. We would need to increase our total coaching salary budget to about 800k to a million. Derek Dooley demanded his salary and real wages for staff members or he would not take the job in Ruston. They agreed to it.

There will be icewater in hell before anyone at UL would agree to such a thing. The money is not there.

Yesterday i posted in another thread that Applewhite is also a pipedream. He has a bright future and the last place he would accept a job is here. No agent worth his salt would let his client anywhere near the UL job, unless he were old and his reputation tarnished by failure somewhere else.

Someone else listed Tuberville. He is sitting out of coaching for a reason. He is waiting to see what opens up at major schools. He will never coach anywhere again that doesnt pay at least 2 million a year. He is in that salary bracket. _
    Actually I am not kidding because rumor has Crowton on the outs at lsu. Secondly that is where an incentive laden contract comes into play and you give him a lot of extras for achieving certain goals.

And just because you think a guy won't come here that doesn't mean you don't give them a call in the case of Applewhite.

Have a nice night!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris V. View Post
    _ As a curious bystander, IF you were the person who had the ultimate decision making authority, and IF that choice were to be made @ the end of the season, who would be the 5 names on your list? _
    Chris I really believe we need a name like a Bowden. How do you pay for it I have no idea. Bustle has raised us from the dead but we need more.

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    _ Chris I really believe we need a name like a Bowden. How do you pay for it I have no idea. Bustle has raised us from the dead but we need more. _
    If i remember correctly, terry bowden only has a 1yr/$100,000 contract with UNA. i'm pretty sure we could offer him more than that and for a longer period of time. even if he uses us as a stepping stone and only hangs around for a few years his name and presence alone would help out the program tremendously not to mention that he is a pretty good offensive mind

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    _ Actually I am not kidding because rumor has Crowton on the outs at lsu. Secondly that is where an incentive laden contract comes into play and you give him a lot of extras for achieving certain goals.

And just because you think a guy won't come here that doesn't mean you don't give them a call in the case of Applewhite.

Have a nice night! _

It's not just paying Crowton 550k or more. It's also someone like him demanding that we pay real wages for coaches on his staff. We would need to at least double what we are paying coordinators and position coaches. We are losing because the coaches on our staff aren't making as much as many high school head football coaches in this state. That is why there are only a few who have any future in college football if Bustle gets fired. Most arent worth a damn, because we cant entice good coaches to accept what we are paying.

Default Re: Time For a change

Quote Originally Posted by cajuntbob View Post
    Bustle needs to geaux !

UL's Admin. & Boosters need to get on the same page, right now you're not in
    the same book. Pony up the bucks, fire his _____ and hire a search committe to find a young acsending college assitant coach from at least a quality mid-major program. Everyone needs to admit this mistake and move the program forward. Wake up, get your money together, do what needs to be done.

As noted earlier in this string, Bustle was better than Baldwin in terms of W-L records at UL. He's teams have been marginally better other than that.

But that is it! He has not made any significant improvements (quality wins consistently, whether inside or outside of the SBC) to the program.

This year is especially dissappionting, it's the second time in 3 years the team has let an opprtunity for an outright conference championship and bowl appearance slip through it's fingers.

Make no mistake, Bustle is the problem. He is and always has been a mediocre coach at best. He's claim of developing QB's at VT is a load of crap.
    The Hokies have not missed a beat since Bustle's departure.

My son is a UL grad and former football player under Bustle. We take each loss and losing season personally.

Calling ALL Cajuns, Do what needs to be done. Fire this clown after this season.

Find a real coach, someone who will do right by the players, the university, and by the people who love, support, and are proud of being, Ragin'Cajuns.
    Mr. Bob,

I looked up your profile and you don't post very often:
    Today
    I value your words of wisdom as a UL parent and appreciate that you posted on this topic today.

10. Default Re: Time For a change

Oh how I hate for UL Coaches to get the axe--with the exception of Baldwin----I wish if after the next couple of games if we lost that he would resign and take a University position or go make good money in the oilfield---I have heard that his wife is well liked and does a great job at the University---Let's hope we can do this by way of resignation if possible!!!!!!

I agree...most of our problems stem from what we pay assistents but I hope that will be something that increases

Quote Originally Posted by CajunBoudin View Post
    It's not just paying Crowton 550k or more. It's also someone like him demanding that we pay real wages for coaches on his staff. We would need to at least double what we are paying coordinators and position coaches. We are losing because the coaches on our staff aren't making as much as many high school head football coaches in this state. That is why there are only a few who have any future in college football if Bustle gets fired. Most arent worth a damn, because we cant entice good coaches to accept what we are paying.
    igeaux.mobi

Dick Bumpas/ defensive co. at TCU. I'd give him whatever he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    _ I think UL would be a move up for Terry Bowden (North Alabama). Tommy Bowden is no longer with Clemson. These are big college football names with experience. This is what we should be shooting for if another move is made. We've got to think big to be big, otherwise.......same old, same old........ _
    How would we be a step up??? Do you realize how bad this program has been for years? Terry Bowden wouldn't come here.

Why? I know he is regarded highly but the HC at tcu calls the defense. Wuth that said why would he be such a great candidate?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Dick Bumpas/ defensive co. at TCU. I'd give him whatever he wants.
    igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by ShowDog View Post
    _ How would we be a step up??? Do you realize how bad this program has been for years? Terry Bowden wouldn't come here. _
    we are talking about a jump up from Div. II to FBS football.... not a jump around in the same league. The man got back into coaching football because he truly has a passion for the game. thats probably what people thought when bustle was being thought of for the coaching job here. bustle came and got us out of the _____ hole so that hire has somewhat panned out. time for the next big thing...

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information