Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Selections for new coach

Default Re: Selections for new coach

I often scratch my head while trying to get inside the head of UL fans. Expending time and energy in an effort to replace Bustle is as logical as whitewashing the walls and replacing the roof of a house with an unsound foundation.

Having been to 7 of the 10 universities in this state with football teams so far this season, I can definitively opine that UL's coaching staff doesn't even make the top-5 immediate issues needing to be addressed...You can raise Knute and the Bear from their graves, and it won't have any significant long term impact.

Quit farting and expand on your gripe.
    igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by LSUConnMan View Post
    _ I often scratch my head while trying to get inside the head of UL fans. Expending time and energy in an effort to replace Bustle is as logical as whitewashing the walls and replacing the roof of a house with an unsound foundation.

Having been to 7 of the 10 universities in this state with football teams so far this season, I can definitively opine that UL's coaching staff doesn't even make the top-5 immediate issues needing to be addressed...You can raise Knute and the Bear from their graves, and it won't have any significant long term impact. _
    So give us your top 5 things that need to be done. BTW, are you offering this same service to the fans of those other 7 universities?

My point was I find it difficult to understand what one thinks will be accomplished by turning Bustle into a scapegoat.

I'm usually happy to elaborate. But, there's a fine line between critique and criticism, and this is a topic someone with LSU in their username cannot expound upon without being labeled a critic.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    So give us your top 5 things that need to be done. BTW, are you offering this same service to the fans of those other 7 universities?
    First issue that needs to be addressed is why do we allow him to have a field pass?

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

My point was I find it difficult to understand what one thinks will be accomplished by turning Bustle into a scapegoat.

I'm usually happy to elaborate. But, there's a fine line between critique and criticism, and this is a topic someone with LSU in their username cannot expound upon without being labeled a critic.
    No, please lay it out for us. Hell, you've been a critic since you showed up....why should today be any different?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    First issue that needs to be addressed is why do we allow him to have a field pass?

I don't have strong opinions about this entire thread...but your post made me laugh.

_ My point was I find it difficult to understand what one thinks will be accomplished by turning Bustle into a scapegoat.

I'm usually happy to elaborate. But, there's a fine line between critique and criticism, and this is a topic someone with LSU in their username cannot expound upon without being labeled a critic. _
    You know, on the one hand we get the criticism that UL fans are too wiling to accept mediocrity so there for UL will never get anywhere. Now, we talk about possibly needing to make a change after 7 years and you want to know what one thinks will be accomplished. Lets face it you will be here criticizing UL fans no matter what moves are made.

And as far as the other universities in this state go, other than State I don't see any of them lighting it up this year. But thanks for your critique of UL fans; at least you can be counted on to be consistent.

9. Default Re: Selections for new coach

Hey pop when you give info have the b--- to say who said it. Coward coward coward I must say. You and this so called coach you talked to. I called Coach Jenkins and asked him about his interest in the HC job here if there was a change. This is what he said. "Im very flattered to know that my name is floating around for the Hc job but Im just interested in being the best coach I can be for Rutgers. I support Coach Bustle and think he and his staff have done a great job this season. All those coaches over there work hard and really put everything they have into that place. If people only new how hard those guys work. Im sure they will finish strong and make this season a successful one. Im very sadden to see some of the fans turn their back on the Coaches. Its just not right. Its not right for the coaches the players or the University. This is the same group that beat KSU. " Its just not right. I then asked him about the kids he recruited and about V moore. His response. "' It was a very shameful thing what VM did. but he didnt act alone and Im sure he regrets it. Never the less no person should be judge on that action of a kid. If we did get judge on that then no coach would have a job. Not one." I told him about pops comment and he just laughed then said the only thing pop didnt comment on was religion or family. That tells you alot about pop and who he really is." Like I said a true winner. Good try pop but you have been exposed. Ok I got to get to the airport to fly out and be there to see the cajuns win. You see Im a true fan not just some side show coward like cajun pop.

_ I had a conversation with a coach on the staff I won't say which, he said when Brian Jenkins left all the coaches went out and had a few drinks to celebrate his departure. I was told "he was the biggest S*&t stirer and made every thing about race. The kids on the team in which had character issues (ie Verlin Moore) were all his recruits." The thing that I was told that to me defines who Brian Jenkins is that "he would sit at his desk in front of other coaches and talk on the phone inquiring about job openings". One should never talk on the phone at their current employer about another job. _

From what I have seen our biggest problem with this current staff is recruiting. They are not getting it done. With the exception of Southern, we do not have an athletic advantage over any team we face this year. Coaching becomes even more important in our situation because we are frequently outmanned at key positions. IMHO until recruiting improves we will hover around .500....no mater who our coach is.

Louisiana Re: Selections for new coach

What happens when we end up 8 and 4 at the end of this year? Are y'll going to eat crow.

Stopped the negativity and let the coaches and players finish the season.

Y'll not doing anything good but feeding your egos and the thoughts you know what you are talking about.

Believe and it might happen. Yes, Believe, and getting the feeling to pass along to the team and coaches. Then support them by being at the games. If I was still in Louisiana, I would be at every game from a 12-0 team to a 0-12 team. We went thru that in the early 70s, now we are trying to reverse it.

GEAUX CAJUNS

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger74 View Post
    _ What happens when we end up 8 and 4 at the end of this year? Are y'll going to eat crow.

Stopped the negativity and let the coaches and players finish the season.

Y'll not doing anything good but feeding your egos and the thoughts you know what you are talking about.

Believe and it might happen. Yes, Believe, and getting the feeling to pass along to the team and coaches. Then support them by being at the games. If I was still in Louisiana, I would be at every game from a 12-0 team to a 0-12 team. We went thru that in the early 70s, now we are trying to reverse it.

GEAUX CAJUNS _
    I CAN'T SPEAK FOR EVERYONE ELSE BUT I WOULD LOVE A BIG OLE HELPING OF CROW!

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

_ I often scratch my head while trying to get inside the head of UL fans. Expending time and energy in an effort to replace Bustle is as logical as whitewashing the walls and replacing the roof of a house with an unsound foundation.

Having been to 7 of the 10 universities in this state with football teams so far this season, I can definitively opine that UL's coaching staff doesn't even make the top-5 immediate issues needing to be addressed...You can raise Knute and the Bear from their graves, and it won't have any significant long term impact. _
    Opine away. Slam UL fans -explanation = nutless.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    _ From what I have seen our biggest problem with this current staff is recruiting. They are not getting it done. With the exception of Southern, we do not have an athletic advantage over any team we face this year. Coaching becomes even more important in our situation because we are frequently outmanned at key positions. IMHO until recruiting improves we will hover around .500....no mater who our coach is. _
    Metry, I agree with you on your recruiting point. This point becomes apparent when you see how injuries impact us. Last year it was linebackers. This year it is offensive players. Green and McGuire were definitely missed last week. Without our best runner and best receiver, our offense stagnated. I do believe that our history makes it difficult to recruit despite our facility improvements. They need to drastically get better in the short term to overcome the history.

Having said that, there are some who know more football than I who believe another staff would get more from these guys than the current staff. That may be but I am not qualified to comment on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    _ Metry, I agree with you on your recruiting point. This point becomes apparent when you see how injuries impact us. Last year it was linebackers. This year it is offensive players. Green and McGuire were definitely missed last week. Without our best runner and best receiver, our offense stagnated. I do believe that our history makes it difficult to recruit despite our facility improvements. They need to drastically get better in the short term to overcome the history.

Having said that, there are some who know more football than I who believe another staff would get more from these guys than the current staff. That may be but I am not qualified to comment on that. _
    Like you I am not qualified to determine if this staff is competent. What I do know is that they are a small part of the problem. History is our biggest hurdle right now. Changing coaches will do little to change that.

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information