Thread: QB Masson says it's time for Cajuns to 'grow up'

1. UL Football QB Masson says it's time for Cajuns to 'grow up'

UL — University of Louisiana quarterback Chris Masson has an urgent message for his teammates this week: “It’s time to grow up now.”

Without intending to be critical, Masson made that statement — acknowledging UL is facing an impending challenge — following UL’s 51-29 loss to Sun Belt Conference opponent Florida Atlantic on Saturday night at Cajun Field.

In the next three weeks, the Cajuns play SBC games at Florida International, Arkansas State and Middle Tennessee.

Such an imposing agenda will determine whether the Cajuns (4-3, 2-1 SBC) are a factor in deciding the league championship or if they’ll return home to play Louisiana-Monroe (Nov. 21) and Troy (Nov. 28) for other season-ending intangibles.

The rest of the story

By BOB ARDOIN
    Special to The Advocate

Default Re: QB Masson says it's time for Cajuns to 'grow up'

Bustle said.

“Our team was ready to play. They just didn’t play very well.”

Great, I was really waiting for what Bustle had to say about loosing to FAU again, last year he was quoted as saying "Our team just wasn't ready to play", he chooses his words very well as now saying "they were ready, just didn't play very well". What a clown, how can anyone be motivated to play for this guy when he has excuse after excuse and looks the part very well (tuck in your shirt and how about a nice pair of pants, this was homecoming). Until he realizes that he and his coaches need to make game time adjustments (i.e. defensive adjustments, especially) we WILL NOT have a successful program, will stay in the realm of 500 records and we as fans and supporters demand more from this program!!!

3. Default Re: QB Masson says it's time for Cajuns to 'grow up'

No way was this Cajun Defense ready to play. The number of missed tackles and blown coverages is evidence of that.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post
    _ No way was this Cajun Defense ready to play. The number of missed tackles and blown coverages is evidence of that. _
    That is the DC's fault also. What happened to that "Great" Fouquier defense. Yea right. Sit back and not blitz, When you zone blitz and only send five it is not effective.

The coverages were blown because Rusty Smith had ample time in the pocket.

Good coaches get their team prepared for their opponent. GREAT coaches get their team ready for their opponent and made adjustments during the game. We flat out have no plan B when A does not work. Saturday looked as though we had never seen tape on FAU.

igeaux.mobi

6. Default Re: QB Masson says it's time for Cajuns to 'grow up'

Quote Originally Posted by BrudaCajun View Post
    That is the DC's fault also. What happened to that "Great" Fouquier defense. Yea right. Sit back and not blitz, When you zone blitz and only send five it is not effective.

The coverages were blown because Rusty Smith had ample time in the pocket.
    Rusty Smith had time to smoke a cigar and complete passes all night long. We got zero pressure even when we send five. I'd like to know what adjustments were made at halftime. We played the soft zone all night and got picked apart.

Tell me how do we get to 7 wins with performances like this? Yes I said 7 wins because I don't think 6 will do it for us. We need to win 3 of our next 5 games to get to 7 wins. I don't see it happening without a major turnaround on defense.

What I don't understand is that we come out the second half and drive the ball right down their throats for roughtly 60 yds. and a TD. They score again and when our offense comes back on the field we completely abandon the run again. That on top of what ULtimate said as far as running and throwing to 5 yd routes when it's 3rd and 9 just kills me. Bustle has never done a good job at making halftime adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCanaille View Post
    _ Bustle has never done a good job at making halftime adjustments. _
    For whatever its worth (not alot im sure), he made adjustments to southern's wide out.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: QB Masson says it's time for Cajuns to 'grow up'

Bobbie shouldn't have specified Masson's teammates only. If you know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by USL Alum93 View Post
    _ Bustle said.

“Our team was ready to play. They just didn’t play very well.”

Great, I was really waiting for what Bustle had to say about loosing to FAU again, last year he was quoted as saying "Our team just wasn't ready to play", he chooses his words very well as now saying "they were ready, just didn't play very well". What a clown, how can anyone be motivated to play for this guy when he has excuse after excuse and looks the part very well (tuck in your shirt and how about a nice pair of pants, this was homecoming). Until he realizes that he and his coaches need to make game time adjustments (i.e. defensive adjustments, especially) we WILL NOT have a successful program, will stay in the realm of 500 records and we as fans and supporters demand more from this program!!! _

Did you notice how not one coach gets in anyone's face? On several "missed assignments" I observed what appeared to be a half-hearted attempt by the coach to understand from the player what happened. Too much one on one conversations.

I am waiting for a coach or for that matter a player to get in someone's face and "encourage" them to play better.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_civil View Post
    _ Did you notice how not one coach gets in anyone's face? On several "missed assignments" I observed what appeared to be a half-hearted attempt by the coach to understand from the player what happened. Too much one on one conversations.

I am waiting for a coach or for that matter a player to get in someone's face and "encourage" them to play better. _

Exactly and good point, something's different and it is not like we are talking this year v/s last years defensive team. For the K State game, our defense/coaches/etc. were hyped up on the sidelines, we sat 3 rows behind the defense for that game and believe me they were amped up, coaches, players, and all, some a** chewing at times and some at-boys at others, but since the LSU game that mentality isn't there from anyone, players/coaches/etc. and I just can't figure it out, no one had emotion/energy/clipboards of oh look what we did last series that caused them to score and oh we can't do this this and this again or they will score, just standing around watching the game like no urgency, even though we just gave up 7 more points and are getting a clinic put on us, no coaching at all??

"You can play around and wallow in your sorrow or you can come in here, ready to make the change (mentally) and continue doing what you’ve been doing,” Bustle said.

Please don't continue doing what you've been doingat least not in the FAU game.

"Although UL’s defense allowed 624 total offensive yards to FAU, Masson said the offense needs to play better".

Giving up 51 points and 624 yard the offense will have to play much more than better.

Thread Information