Thread: Football: Mid-Week Injury Report

1. UL Football Football: Mid-Week Injury Report

Official Louisiana Injury Report (as of Wednesday, October 21, 2009 for game on 10/24):
    Kyron Benoit, LB (ankle - doubtful);
    Dwight Bentley, CB (ankle - questionable);
    Matt Desormeaux, FB (knee - probable);
    Richie Falgout, WR (ankle - questionable);
    Rodney Gillis, DB (knee - probable);
    Ladarius Green, TE (ankle - probable);
    Chris Lanaux, DE (leg - questionable);
    Chris Richard, DB (ankle - probable);
    Undrea Sails, RB (leg - out for season, underwent surgery on 10/21);
    Jordan Topp, DL (knee - probable, upgraded from out);
    LaQuincy Williams, DL (knee - out).

UL SI
    Homes SO Clean

Default Re: Football: Mid-Week Injury Report

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    _ _
    So Bentley might play, and Richard and Topp are probable.
    That is good news

If Bently can play at 100% it would be a big benefit to have him in this game vs. a passing offense.

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUN_LXA685 View Post
    _ If Bently can play at 100% it would be a big benefit to have him in this game vs. a passing offense. _

With an ankle injury such as one that he has and the fact that he had to be carried off the field last weekend after the game, I think I can say with a high level of certainty that he is not going to be near 100%

It amazes me that a player can be ruled out one day and then "probable" the next. It is just crazy how we sometimes report injuries. OK, I'm done with that as I've gone on about it for some time.

On a ESPN board someone posted that they talked with Bently yesterday and that he is good to go for Saturday, can anyone confirm or deny this?

8. Default Re: Football: Mid-Week Injury Report

Quote Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
    One word."HUGE"

If the players who are listed as questionable or probable give us what they can, this is a huge addition this weekend.

Good luck to all of these players!!!

Geaux Cajuns

9. Default Re: Football: Mid-Week Injury Report

Anybody who has played or anybody really that has had an injury can relate to the long or slow or IN---Between recovery-----YOU can't move for 2-3 days and all of a sudden ---or maybe through a bunch of treatment you are better and with 2 more days ---you are ready to geaux--sometimes with a lot of pain!!!! We used to tease about giving the body up for the Cajuns---great times!!!!

Good news if Bentley can play. The health of the team is looking better, except of course for Sails. I'm glad to see Rodney Gillis getting back. I remember last spring Coach Bustle making very positive comments about him, I believe stating that he is pushing for a starting job. So, it may take a little time for him to get up to speed, but we can sure use him and we have lots of football to play yet. Hopefully an extra game at the end of the season.

Geaux UL!

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ It amazes me that a player can be ruled out one day and then "probable" the next. It is just crazy how we sometimes report injuries. OK, I'm done with that as I've gone on about it for some time. _
    Man, have you ever played sports? I know from my personal experience with ankles that a few days can make a world of difference.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Zephyr, you can trust Metry on this one; his low-post moves have embarassed many!

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Man, have you ever played sports? I know from my personal experience with ankles that a few days can make a world of difference.
    igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    _ Man, have you ever played sports? I know from my personal experience with ankles that a few days can make a world of difference. _

Dude, don't even start with me. Of course I've played sports. You obviously have no idea how an injury report typically works. However, I'm tired and its probably not even worth going over so I won't. It's actually usually the opposite with ankles as they tend to linger much longer than originally anticipated.Just ask Chris Richard. I'm sure you knew that though. It's kind of funny how Josh tends to poke fun at the coaching staff for doing this all year. My point is not to argue the nature of the injury but the fact that one day Bustle is literally ruling a guy "OUT". This usually means to me that the injury is significant enough to keep that player out for that week and if you know this 5 days before the game, its pretty serious. As a matter of fact, they were stating that they expected him to be out for weeks. You are ruled out one day which means there is no chance of you playing to questionable a day or two later. It is odd. Or, you have a guy go from out to probable. Its a large jump that you don't see often.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunZ1 View Post
    _ Zephyr, you can trust Metry on this one; his low-post moves have embarassed many!

igeaux.mobi _
    I'm kind of the 5' 10" version of Tim Duncan. It's really a shame injuries have cut short my remarkable career.

Thread Information