Thread: Parrott: Reflections

1. Default Parrott: Reflections

Parrott: Reflections following Cajuns' win at WKU

The rest of the story

Default Re: Parrott: Reflections

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    _ _
    Besides Melvin White, who will get lots of snaps at cornerback now that Bentley is hurt? Also, I have heard some say that Yobes Walker's vision is what is preventing him from breaking some big runs. Do you agree with that. If it is true, perhaps that will come with more playing time. Finally, when do you think Brad McGuire will throw a pass? I know every play he was in on Saturday was a running situation but not to attempt one pass makes me wonder about his arm.

This is when an injury to Rodney Gillis is hurting us badly. This kid is going to be a player for us and would have transitioned nicely into that starter role opposite Aurienne had he not blown out his knee in spring. I haven't heard much on him recently so I have to assume that he's not ready to go. The other options at CB are not extremely sexy. You have Junior Jean who is a senior but has been little more than a special teams guy for us and Julian Jones and Tim Jackson. I think you're going to see a lot of Melvin White with a little Tim Jackson from time to time but we are definitely going to miss Bentley especially with a pass happy FAU coming to town.

Isn't it funny how about a month ago, Bustle announced that he moved Yobes Walker to fullback and he was 3rd on the depth chart behind McCullough and Desormeaux? Now, he's the starting tailback. Something doesn't make sense to me but I guess he's improved a lot. Also, I don't know about Walker's vision but one of the main reasons he didn't play as much until now was because he couldn't get a grasp of the offense and especially, the blocking schemes. He lined up several times in the wrong position against LSU and he's going to need to pick up blitzes really well now that Sails is out.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I know it's dreaming on my part, but we need to put Rusty on his can and not let him have an easy passing day. I agree with Josh that Tyler has provided us a leg we've been able to count on and how. We do need to figure out how to convert TDs in the red zone. I think we should keep using the M&M system. It seems to work when we keep mistakes to a minimum.

If our receivers keep making catches, our offense is pretty potent. I sure would like to see us win the field position battle with special teams. To me, the only way to beat FAU is to have everything go well for us. Everything.

I love Undre, and his injury is terrible and I feel for the guy. In the same respect; you get to give a guy like Yobes Walker a chance to really shine.

Just remember this, Tyrell Fenroy doesn't become the player that he is if Chester Johnson doesn't get hurt in the Texas game. Where one door closes another opens, and I think we may get introduced to just how good Yobes is this Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    _ Besides Melvin White, who will get lots of snaps at cornerback now that Bentley is hurt? Also, I have heard some say that Yobes Walker's vision is what is preventing him from breaking some big runs. Do you agree with that. If it is true, perhaps that will come with more playing time. Finally, when do you think Brad McGuire will throw a pass? I know every play he was in on Saturday was a running situation but not to attempt one pass makes me wonder about his arm. _
    Brad can throw. I think we are setting up one of our tougher opponents for some play action. When that dude finally throws a pass, no one will be expecting it.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan64 View Post
    _ I love Undre, and his injury is terrible and I feel for the guy. In the same respect; you get to give a guy like Yobes Walker a chance to really shine.

Just remember this, Tyrell Fenroy doesn't become the player that he is if Chester Johnson doesn't get hurt in the Texas game. Where one door closes another opens, and I think we may get introduced to just how good Yobes is this Saturday. _
    Dunbar for NT is another good example.

Cough. What he said.

Quote Originally Posted by ATXCajun View Post
    Brad can throw. I think we are setting up one of our tougher opponents for some play action. When that dude finally throws a pass, no one will be expecting it.
    igeaux.mobi

UL Football Re: Parrott: Reflections

Gillis has been cleared to play this week.

igeaux.mobi

TE Ladarius Green is one of 22 players named to John Mackey Award Midseason List.

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
    _ Gillis has been cleared to play this week.

igeaux.mobi _
    What can you tell us about Gillis?

I wouldn't mind seeing them give Gauthier a shot at RB. He's stuck behind both Masson and McGuire so he may never have a shot at the position. He's fast and he's pretty big.

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    What can you tell us about Gillis?

Comes from a great prep program in Florida, St. Thomas Aquinas (team won Class 5A state title as a senior). Turned down an offer from Iowa to come here, largely because he would get a chance to play right away. Would have been a major contributor already if not for his injury. Has done well in rehab. Expect him to get some playing time this week. Has the potential to be an awfully good player.

UL Football Re: Parrott: Reflections

Quote Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
    _ Comes from a great prep program in Florida, St. Thomas Aquinas (team won Class 5A state title as a senior). Turned down an offer from Iowa to come here, largely because he would get a chance to play right away. Would have been a major contributor already if not for his injury. Has done well in rehab. Expect him to get some playing time this week. Has the potential to be an awfully good player. _
    Yeah.this kid can do some things, this is very big news.

Thread Information